What would you do different the second time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaghsou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wanted to know what your thoughts were on DAT preparation for the second time, if you choose to take it again. What would you do differently and how would you tackle the concepts again. What materials should you use, if you have used all the popular options? Thank you and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you take it and do poorly? Well I actually am a retaker lol. I know I've repeated myself a million times here already and my retake is pretty obvious from my sig xD. That being said, I mostly did destroyer more and added DAT Genius/QVault to my mix the second time around along with 2 extra weeks of studying. Oh right, a larger dose of sleep and a little confidence boost didn't hurt either >: ). Destroyer is timeless; if you go through it 2-3x+ and don't do well you aren't going through it thoroughly enough!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you take it and do poorly? Well I actually am a retaker lol. I know I've repeated myself a million times here already and my retake is pretty obvious from my sig xD. That being said, I mostly did destroyer more and added DAT Genius/QVault to my mix the second time around along with 2 extra weeks of studying. Oh right, a larger dose of sleep and a little confidence boost didn't hurt either >: ). Destroyer is timeless; if you go through it 2-3x+ and don't do well you aren't going through it thoroughly enough!
Thanks for the response. I actually took it a few hours ago. I wouldn't say that I did poorly (since it could always be worse LOL) but I came out with 18 all across the board with 19 on Bio. Obviously, the higher the better, so I am considering a retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response. I actually took it a few hours ago. I wouldn't say that I did poorly (since it could always be worse LOL) but I came out with 18 all across the board with 19 on Bio. Obviously, the higher the better, so I am considering a retake.
I got the same thing

I'm sorry to hear that :(. How's your GPA/ECs? That's always something I ask someone with a lower DAT score.
I mean my ECs are fine. Clubs, 300 hours volunteer, thousands of hours of work, few hundred shadowing , research etc etc. But its my GPA thats holding me back with a 3.2. I'm in my final semester and confident that I can bring up my GPA with 0.2-0.3 points but I feel like its gonna be late by December.

To be honest with you, thats the section I tried to prepare for a lot and I still got a relatively low score. I did bootcamp and math destroyer. My problem is timing. I guessed the last 12 problems since I had like 2 minutes left

AP Cliffs Bio helped a lot. I made notecards and would post them on a whiteboard and run through them. But on mine the biology was very random. Destroyer was definitely super helpful for the GC, OC and QR. It stinks but you really have to study till your blue in the face and you could spit all the information out, at least that is how I felt.

Reactions: 1 users