What would you do if you had 2 years...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edited

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could apply sooner. If you don't know why you are taking so much time off it's probably not a great idea. If you really need this much time to perfect your application that's also unique, you could do something overseas, like a masters degree or an internship.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.!I'm really only delaying my application by one additional year but that turns into two years until I return to school. I absolutely need more clinical experience/volunteering in order to demonstrate that I know what I'm getting myself into and I don't think it makes sense to apply until I have that.

I don't think it makes sense to go for a masters since tuition is usually pretty high and I don't really have a burning desire just to add degrees to my resume. I already studied abroad and while it was wonderful, I love the USA and would like to spend my time doing something here. Thank you for your suggestions, though!