What would you do if you had 2 years...

Started by MD89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

You could apply sooner. If you don't know why you are taking so much time off it's probably not a great idea. If you really need this much time to perfect your application that's also unique, you could do something overseas, like a masters degree or an internship.
 
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.!I'm really only delaying my application by one additional year but that turns into two years until I return to school. I absolutely need more clinical experience/volunteering in order to demonstrate that I know what I'm getting myself into and I don't think it makes sense to apply until I have that.

I don't think it makes sense to go for a masters since tuition is usually pretty high and I don't really have a burning desire just to add degrees to my resume. I already studied abroad and while it was wonderful, I love the USA and would like to spend my time doing something here. Thank you for your suggestions, though!