What would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fancy312

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So lets say you have roughly ~45 days left till dat day, you have taken the dat last year, didnt do well, and this time you want to take revenge

you have went over destroyer's gen chem/bio (plan on going over it a second time after I look over my chads notes)
you have done kaplan/cliffs/ and went over feralis's notes
you did chads gen chem and orgo videos and took notes
you do dat genius's angle & hole punching generators during break times

As of now, should I just buy dat boot camp OR dat genius OR q vault. I'm on a budget ( literally quit my job to focus on this exam) so I don't know what I should splurge on giving the fact that I have that many days left. So if you can put yourself in my position how would you take things from this day and forward?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm biased when I say get Bootcamp, since that is the resource I used when I studied for the DAT.

You get 5 full-length practice exams, with detailed explanations for each question upon review
5 additional QR and PAT exams
"Unlimited" problem generators for PAT

Reactions: 1 user
the outcome of this test is gonna determine your life. are you really considering on shorting yourself on any possible resources that may help you gain an advantage over other applicants that are just as motivated as you, if not more?

bootcamp and qvault were very helpful when i took the dat

Members don't see this ad :)
bootcamp hands down. and they dont even pay me to say that!

DAT bootcamps full length practice exams are key before you take the real thing

I swear every other post you have is about datbootcamp lol

@Fancy312 Buying these practice tests aren't going to "magically" bump your DAT scores up. They'll just give you an indication of where you stand (exception is PAT where every bit of practice will help). I think all of the prep company's you mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses, and so you need to find your weakness.If your weakness is PAT, then I would buy whichever prep has the best PAT. Also, try a free practice test/or the 2009 DAT and see where you stand. If you're scoring below a 19, then stay away from these prep companies and focus on reviewing content. Once your content is good, then I would start doing practice tests. :)

Last edited:
I swear every other post you have is about datbootcamp lol

@Fancy312 Buying these practice tests aren't going to "magically" bump your DAT scores up. They'll just give you an indication of where you stand (exception is PAT where every bit of practice will help). I think all of the prep company's you mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses, and so you need to find your weakness.If your weakness is PAT, then I would buy whichever prep has the best PAT. Also, try a free practice test/or the 2009 DAT and see where you stand. If you're scoring below a 19, then stay away from these prep companies and focus on reviewing content. Once your content is good, then I would start doing practice tests. :)
Because it works, especially after you've studied all that you can and helps prepare you for the real exam

Because it works, especially after you've studied all that you can and helps prepare you for the real exam

A lot of resources work, people have been scoring 99% percentile before bootcamp came along. lol
Either way, always use a combination of resources, if you rely on 1 resource you are bound for failure.

So lets say you have roughly ~45 days left till dat day, you have taken the dat last year, didnt do well, and this time you want to take revenge

you have went over destroyer's gen chem/bio (plan on going over it a second time after I look over my chads notes)
you have done kaplan/cliffs/ and went over feralis's notes
you did chads gen chem and orgo videos and took notes
you do dat genius's angle & hole punching generators during break times

As of now, should I just buy dat boot camp OR dat genius OR q vault. I'm on a budget ( literally quit my job to focus on this exam) so I don't know what I should splurge on giving the fact that I have that many days left. So if you can put yourself in my position how would you take things from this day and forward?

I would get DATbootcamp (highly recommended from many people on this forum) but i would hold off on doing it until closer till your DAT date.

I would continue doing some content review until 2-2.5 weeks before DAT --> then do DAT bootcamp tests --> then redo content review based on how you scored on DAT bootcamp

Reactions: 1 users
I used bootcamp and it was my favorite resource. It has a ton of questions that really simulated the actual exam very well IMO. The questions also served as an excellent content review (but most practice questions will do that). I used Kaplan, crackdat, and bootcamp for PAT, and bootcamp was far and away the best resource for preparing me for PAT (most challenging but in a good way).

I didn't use the other resources you listed as other options