what year to get pregnant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, we met in training at Ft. Huachuca. She was deployed at the same time I was, but because we couldn't be in the same unit (married at the time already) she was in a different region than I was.

Are you kidding? Men abhor shopping. Maybe not that Burberry guys you kick it with, but every guy I know, and have known ever, will dash in, grab a shirt/pack of underwear/pants and then dash out. No shopping involved. He knows what he wants and he goes in, gets it, and leaves. This is the typical male shopper. I have NEVER seen a dude go into a store and leave with 3 or 4 bags. Ever. Estas loca :p

:laugh: true, okay some guys are like that. They know exactly what they want, get it and GO. If a guy does like shopping then he will only do it once or twice a year max is what I am saying. He will get everything he needs for the year and stick with it. I have yet to meet a guy that likes to shop every weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Since when does football not matter?

Football is boring and so is basketball and all other sports. Everyone thinks I am crazy for turning down a Duke VS UNC basketball game. I rather stay home and paint my nails than watch that crap.

:laugh: true, okay some guys are like that. They know exactly what they want, get it and GO. If a guy does like shopping then he will only do it once or twice a year max is what I am saying. He will get everything he needs for the year and stick with it. I have yet to meet a guy that likes to shop every weekend.

That's because shopping every weekend is blasphemously inefficient. Besides, weekends are for football. Except during the Pro Bowl...feel free to shop during that snoozefest.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's because shopping every weekend is blasphemously inefficient. Besides, weekends are for football. Except during the Pro Bowl...feel free to shop during that snoozefest.

Inefficient???? What if something new came out that weekend? you would have MISS it. :( VS football you can always just record it and watch it later.

Football is boring and so is basketball and all other sports. Everyone thinks I am crazy for turning down a Duke VS UNC basketball game. I rather stay home and paint my nails than watch that crap.

But then you could've joined the Cameron Crazies in their taunting and dried your nails at the same time! You can't compare college athletics to the pros anyway. Well...unless you're a really big fan of guys like Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush.

Inefficient???? What if something new came out that weekend? you would have MISS it. :( VS football you can always just record it and watch it later.

That is the worst reason ever given. If something new comes out, it will still be there the next time I go shopping. Unless it really sucked. In which case, had I rushed out, I would have purchased an inferior product. Is that what you want? Me spending my money on an inferior product? God, you're so heartless. :smuggrin:

You are crazy for turning down that game!

Depends on where you live and what you're buying. I shop for food almost every 2 days, and clothes almost every 2 weeks --> Apparently this is normal for girls but an anomaly for guys. Oh well, time to go look for nice winter clothes.

on the ice, i love his game..amazing player....off the ice, supreme douchebag.

On ice, he is an amazing player. Off ice, he's still a Buffalo native, so take that with a huge grain of salt.

Since when does football not matter? What, are you from Los Angeles or something? Or maybe just from Oakland, where football hasn't actually mattered since 2003? You can be a guy and still wear nice clothes. Listen to ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" sometime.

I never said you CAN'T be a guy and wear nice clothes. I'm a guy and wear nice clothes, so obviously they are not mutually exclusive. However, have you ever had a male roommate? It's perfectly acceptable in "male" culture to wear the same underwear 2 or 3 days in a row, for example. No one blinks an eye at that. This is the sort of thing I mean. For guys, it's cool to go outside in sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt. In class, a guy can wear the same thing twice in a row to a MWF class and it won't get noticed. If a girl did that, you can damn well bet every single one of her friends would notice and mention it. No dude would think twice. And the list goes on...

That doesn't mean they hate shopping. It just means they're focused on what they're shopping for. It's all about the context. I enjoy shopping because it means I'm going to get something of use to me. However, I would not enjoy shopping if it involved walking out of a store carrying six bags of tacky knick-knacks that will ultimately get sold five months from now at the townwide garage sale. That is time and money I would rather spend on beer.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it means they hate shopping. We're defining shopping here as the type of shopping that women call shopping. Going to the mall, meandering around Forever 21, Sephora, American Eagle, Gap, Limited, A/X, etc and then buying a few things - maybe.

Men are goal-oriented. "Me need shirt. Me go buy shirt." Women are task-oriented. "I need some shoes... let's go to the mall!" I.e., a woman will not simply JUST go to a shoe store when she goes "shopping."

It's extremely difficult to explain this, especially since you think going to buy something from Store X and then leave constitutes "shopping." You don't have to have six bags of knick-knacks - What if it's six bags of stuff that "means something" to you? Point being, men will never buy clothing in that amount, and if they DID, they wouldn't go in a social pack and make a day of it. It would, again, be goal-oriented (the items), not task-oriented. Same reason why I observed, during my stint in a department store, 90% of women try 100% of their clothes on, while 30% of men try 50% of their clothes on.

Simple gender socialization.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is the worst reason ever given. If something new comes out, it will still be there the next time I go shopping. Unless it really sucked. In which case, had I rushed out, I would have purchased an inferior product. Is that what you want? Me spending my money on an inferior product? God, you're so heartless. :smuggrin:

:laugh: No, when I was younger I always had to have the latest fashion FIRST before everyone else. So I was always shopping around and making sure I am wearing the most up to date stuff. Now I don't care as much, when school starts I will most likely have NO time to care!

I never said you CAN'T be a guy and wear nice clothes. I'm a guy and wear nice clothes, so obviously they are not mutually exclusive. However, have you ever had a male roommate? It's perfectly acceptable in "male" culture to wear the same underwear 2 or 3 days in a row, for example. No one blinks an eye at that. This is the sort of thing I mean. For guys, it's cool to go outside in sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt. In class, a guy can wear the same thing twice in a row to a MWF class and it won't get noticed. If a girl did that, you can damn well bet every single one of her friends would notice and mention it. No dude would think twice. And the list goes on...

That doesn't mean they hate shopping. It just means they're focused on what they're shopping for. It's all about the context. I enjoy shopping because it means I'm going to get something of use to me. However, I would not enjoy shopping if it involved walking out of a store carrying six bags of tacky knick-knacks that will ultimately get sold five months from now at the townwide garage sale. That is time and money I would rather spend on beer.

I agree with what you are saying. Men equate shopping as going into one store, grab what you need and leave. And they never like to try on any clothing. I don't understand that b/c some clothes look good on some people but not good on others....How are you suppose to know what looks good on you if you don't try it on? :confused:

You are crazy for turning down that game!

Depends on where you live and what you're buying. I shop for food almost every 2 days, and clothes almost every 2 weeks --> Apparently this is normal for girls but an anomaly for guys. Oh well, time to go look for nice winter clothes.

Everyone says that. A boyfriend at the time had tickets and wanted to take me, I told him I hate basketball and ask him to take one of his other friends. I rather watch a re-run of Sex in the City than watch basketball. :laugh:

True, in Taiwan and other major cities like NYC people have to go grocery shopping EVERYDAY. I went grocery shopping very often when I was in NYC. However, clothes almost every 2 weeks, is definetly optional. People choose how often to buy their clothes...it doesn't matter where you live.

Everyone says that. A boyfriend at the time had tickets and wanted to take me, I told him I hate basketball and ask him to take one of his other friends. I rather watch a re-run of Sex in the City than watch basketball. :laugh:

True, in Taiwan and other major cities like NYC people have to go grocery shopping EVERYDAY. I went grocery shopping very often when I was in NYC. However, clothes almost every 2 weeks, is definetly optional. People choose how often to buy their clothes...it doesn't matter where you live.

I still think location matters. When I was living in California, I had to drive to a local mall to look around or do my shopping. But when I'm at NYC, I pass by shops almost everywhere I go.

If I walk pass a place enough, I'm bound to step inside for a look one day. It seems so much easier for me to walk into a store, look around, and/or buy something when living in NYC than to drive into a parking lot, spend 10 to 15 minutes finding a parking space, and another 5 to 10 minute walk to get to the mall's front door.

Irrespective of location, if you're just walking around and randomly think that you need a new article of clothing, and you're a guy, you're an anomaly, just like me.

Irrespective of location, if you're just walking around and randomly think that you need a new article of clothing, and you're a guy, you're an anomaly, just like me.

:laugh:

Once again, Consensus is NOT science. Science is a matter of evidence, it is not based what a majority of scientists think. Peer reviewed and reliable scientific journals do NOT rely on consensus.

Anyway, here are your references. There are a bazillion more, if you actually cared to look for them. ......
Pretty solid. I looked at a couple and they were solid in methodology and results. People are way off if they deny the unpresedented climate changes as documented by science and the same scientific method we rely on for medical evidence. (BTW, a couple of links don't work, even when pasted into the browser)

Pretty solid. I looked at a couple and they were solid in methodology and results.

People are way off if they deny the unpresedented climate changes as documented by science and the same scientific method we rely on for medical evidence. (BTW, a couple of links don't work, even when pasted into the browser)

Uhhh...what? Were those written by the same person? I agree with the second part.

hi i think you have to think about this idea either at first stage of pharmacy or when you gradute... because really is devstating...:eek::eek::sleep::sleep::scared::scared:

sadly, about a thousand of the views for this thread are probably mine

damn really? heard this through the grapevine or from the horse's mouth?

for 200k, i'm there.

A search from SDN. Is that valid? I heard its 200K for a retail position but THEY choose where you work at.

A search from SDN. Is that valid? I heard its 200K for a retail position but THEY choose where you work at.

As if working retail isn't enough of a ***** position. For $200K, not only are they going to stick it in you, but they're also going to dictate where and how they stick it in you. Not worth the money.

I doubt the validity of the claim either way.

Now back to the top of the forum with ye.

Was wondering what sorts of prenatal vitamins most pharmacists take and/or which brands most pharmacists prefer? There are a ton! I think Stuart's great (Omega 3 included)

If you're going into nuclear pharmacy, or even thinking of doing rotations before nuclear pharmacy, and you MUST get pregnant, do it well before stepping anywhere near a nuclear pharmacy position.

Most nuclear pharmacy employers DO NOT want to be liable for a pregnant pharmacist (I have no idea who even would), at least from what most nuclear pharmacists have told me (which were from job interviews for nuclear pharmacy positions).

If you're going into nuclear pharmacy, or even thinking of doing rotations before nuclear pharmacy, and you MUST get pregnant, do it well before stepping anywhere near a nuclear pharmacy position.

Most nuclear pharmacy employers DO NOT want to be liable for a pregnant pharmacist (I have no idea who even would), at least from what most nuclear pharmacists have told me (which were from job interviews for nuclear pharmacy positions).

I've heard the opposite. That if you use proper technique, like chemo, it's a non issue.

I've heard the opposite. That if you use proper technique, like chemo, it's a non issue.
I was told even with the proper protection and if I were a pregnant pharmacist, I'd have a seriously hard time finding any nuclear pharmacy employer that would hire me. But maybe it's just over in the mid-west.

Seriously though. Someone actually told this to you in an interview?

Seriously though. Someone actually told this to you in an interview?

I was told by my pharmacology I teacher (last year) and then the next two interviews I had I asked the interviewers if they would do the same, just out of curiosity. When my pharmacology I teacher told me that, I started to wonder "if it's not safe enough that employers would be hard pressed to hire pregnant pharmacists, why are there people working there anyways?" I never gave it much thought besides asking out of curiosity because getting pregnant during school, let alone pharmacy school, is asking for hell in my honest opinion. :p

Condoms are cheaper than infants in the long run. :laugh:

I was told by my pharmacology I teacher (last year) and then the next two interviews I had I asked the interviewers if they would do the same, just out of curiosity. When my pharmacology I teacher told me that, I started to wonder "if it's not safe enough that employers would be hard pressed to hire pregnant pharmacists, why are there people working there anyways?" I never gave it much thought besides asking out of curiosity because getting pregnant during school, let alone pharmacy school, is asking for hell in my honest opinion. :p

Condoms are cheaper than infants in the long run. :laugh:

Tell your pharmacology teacher he/she doesn't know what they're talking about.

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device