what year to get pregnant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
6) You have no idea what you're talking about.

Sure I do. Clearly more than you. I'm just interested in the etymology of the word. And "feminism" as a word would mean to hold women as higher than others...femin=female, ist(in this sense)=a person that follows a set of beliefs...so a feminist would thus be a person that is only concerned with the plight of women. Which is blatantly obvious, because that's all the movement cares about. Just women...men be damned. It's why Martin Luther King II was my favorite human in the 20th century, but I find the NAACP offensive. King talked about equality for all "of God's children." White, black, whatever. I visited his grave in Atlanta and cried. The NAACP is just an organization that is racist and I hope they would just dissolve. See the difference?

Hence, I find feminists offensive, but, hypothetically, humanists (or whatever it would be called) would be ok people because they recognize that equality is more than just putting a bandaid over the perceived rights of half of the population.

If you define feminism the way you do, then I would also technically be one. But unlike the vast majority of feminists, I actually believe in exhaustive equality for both genders. And this considered...if this is the definition you chose to use...then do you consider yourself a masculist, too?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is true. I think SHC1984 just has high standards in her men, because she has a high standard for herself, her education, etc.

Thank you! :) I do have high standards. I mean seriously I just don't see how women would date men that don't pay for dates or marry a husband that doesn't pay for bills etc. How desperate do a woman have to be to "raise" her MAN and be cool with that?:rolleyes: Isn't that HIS JOB? LOL...I guess I am still a little bit old fashion, but I can't help it. Making the woman pay for everything is just so unmanly and very sad. Its not even about the money, its about being a MAN WITH PRIDE. It will be just as bad if a man marry a ugly fat chick thats lazy and does nothing but sit around the house/eat and NEVER clean. How desperate does a man have to be to marry someone like that?? same reasoning. LOL...
Men values looks the most in a woman. Women values competence the most in a man has always been my understanding.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Never said you were a gold digger, simply that the term was being thrown around. At first I thought the avatar was ridiculously off-putting, but now I appreciate the humor in it. Kind of a "Hell yeah, I materialistic!" to all of the critics. Own it!

Good luck with the expectations..."When you marry for money, you earn every penny" as the old saying goes.

My hobby is to collect all the Louis Vuitton Speedys. Anything thats a Speedy I MUST HAVE. Is that really materialistic? Its just a hobby won't you think?

Poor SHC...living in a town full of gold diggers, I can honestly say that she does not strike me as your stereotypical gold digger. No gold digger would invest 200K into an education.

As I mention before a gold digger would have to be someone that dates someone twice her age...she usually dates him for a few years. Clean out his bank account and then DUMP him.

I prefer something LONG term, so I really don't want to do anything like the above. Also is it really that MUCH to expect a man to pay for dates, movies etc. and a husband to pay for the bills. Oh GOD heaven FORBID a man pays for anything! :eek: It just doesn't seem that shocking to me. :rolleyes: Sorry maybe the eventual "shock" might kick in but until then I think thats a very reasonable expectation.

***I currently have NO debt. Mercer Pharmacy is around 29K a year. However, I got the 5000 dollar Merit base scholarships they gave out to people with a GPA of 3.75 or above. So I will be paying 24K a year. 24k*4= 96K. I am expecting to be in 96K to 100K in debt when I get out. Since I am living with my Aunt during pharmacy school. Anyone will be insane to take out anything more than 150K for pharm school.***

Last edited:
How desperate do a woman have to be to "raise" her MAN and be cool with that?:rolleyes:
She'd have to be damn horrible catch. I'm no gold digger, but my man has to pay for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.... I think of myself that damn highly. Oh, I was born in 1984, so I refuse to date anyone older than me. If any guy was born a day before January 1st, 1984, he's an old hag to me, because men have a biological clock on their sperm too. I look 4-7 years younger than I am depending on who's judging. I think I'm too good for older men. Oh, and the guy has to be smarter than me. I can't date guys who have an IQ less than 145. I'm very accepting of friends, but for the future father of my children, my standards are high.

My hobby is to collect all the Louis Vuitton Speedys. Anything thats a Speedy I MUST HAVE. Is that really materialistic? Its just a hobby won't you think?
DAMN that is one expensive hobby lol.

She'd have to be damn horrible catch. I'm no gold digger, but my man has to pay for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.... I think of myself that damn highly. Oh, I was born in 1984, so I refuse to date anyone older than me. If any guy was born a day before January 1st, 1984, he's an old hag to me, because men have a biological clock on their sperm too. I look 4-7 years younger than I am depending on who's judging. I think I'm too good for older men. Oh, and the guy has to be smarter than me. I can't date guys who have an IQ less than 145. I'm very accepting of friends, but for the future father of my children, my standards are high.

Kirbypuff and SHC1984, what's been your longest relationship? I'm kind of curious.

You two are both so particular, you may have a very hard time finding a life-long partner. I met my husband by chance, as we were both in the same grad program. I never much cared if the guys I dated were older or younger than I was, within reason, of course. I thought my husband was nice and cute, so we started dating. If you compared my husband and me on paper, we wouldn't seem that compatible. He's 7 years older, we have completely different tastes in music, and he loves baseball while I'm not a huge fan. But we really work well together. We live together and travel well, and we have similar life goals. We found hobbies we both enjoy. We've been together six years and married for one.

If you exclude too many guys from your dating pool, you might not find the guy that's right for you.

1) Sure I do. Clearly more than you.

2) I'm just interested in the etymology of the word. And "feminism" as a word would mean to hold women as higher than others...

3) femin=female, ist(in this sense)=a person that follows a set of beliefs...so a feminist would thus be a person that is only concerned with the plight of women.

4) Which is blatantly obvious, because that's all the movement cares about.

5) Just women...men be damned.

6) It's why Martin Luther King II was my favorite human in the 20th century, but I find the NAACP offensive. King talked about equality for all "of God's children." White, black, whatever. I visited his grave in Atlanta and cried.

7) The NAACP is just an organization that is racist and I hope they would just dissolve.

8) See the difference?

9) Hence, I find feminists offensive, but, hypothetically, humanists (or whatever it would be called) would be ok people because they recognize that equality is more than just putting a bandaid over the perceived rights of half of the population.

10) If you define feminism the way you do, then I would also technically be one.

11) But unlike the vast majority of feminists, I actually believe in exhaustive equality for both genders. And this considered...if this is the definition you chose to use...then do you consider yourself a masculist, too?

1) Just because something is clear in your head, this does not make it true.

2) No it does not. It has never meant that, nor should it, based on its root.

3) Yes, in this context. This of course, does not preclude concern for other disadvantaged populations.

4) Part 3) was true but where you are stunningly misinformed is to presuppose that all the Women's Right Movement cares about is the advancement of women. Many of the men and women involved in this movement have bravely participated in other movements and continue to do so. You have no evidence that all feminists care about is the advancement of women. Why do you feel threatened by those who fight for equal gender rights?

5) Don't believe everything you see in the media. I'm glad women have the right to drive, work, be educated, vote, run for VPOTUS, etc. "Men be damned" shows that their advancement makes you insecure. It shouldn't.

6) Super. As an aside, there are suspicions that much of Dr. MLK Jr's dissertation work has been plagiarized. Still, the same can be said for many prominent historical figures, including excellent scientists.

7) You hate the NAACP, feminists, you're an angry guy, huh?

8) Difference between what? Women's Suffrage, Women's Movement, and the Civil Rights Movement? Then no, I don't. The destinies of these movements have been intertwined and complementary.

9) Agreed

10) Great

11) I think you mean masculinist, Mr. Etymology. And yes, I do.

Kirbypuff and SHC1984, what's been your longest relationship? I'm kind of curious.

You two are both so particular, you may have a very hard time finding a life-long partner. I met my husband by chance, as we were both in the same grad program. I never much cared if the guys I dated were older or younger than I was, within reason, of course. I thought my husband was nice and cute, so we started dating. If you compared my husband and me on paper, we wouldn't seem that compatible. He's 7 years older, we have
completely different tastes in music, and he loves baseball while I'm not a huge fan. But we really work well together. We live together and travel well, and we have similar life goals. We found hobbies we both enjoy. We've been together six years and married for one.

If you exclude too many guys from your dating pool, you might not find the guy that's right for you.

3½ years. It's not like I'm not being picky in a condescending way. I'm a very peculiar individual who can only be satisfied by a man who agrees with my non-negotiable values and can keep up with my complex behavior which can seem psychotic and can be tiring to understand for someone who can't process logic extremely rapidly. The IQ of 150 is essential to understand me. How can I date someone who can't understand me? On Monday, my co-worker told me that he thought I was 17 years old. LOL. I'm 24. If I dated someone 7 years older than ME, that would look pretty gross. Another non-negotiable is that English has to be his primary language but he must also be able to speak Korean colloquially and a little bit of Spanish too. I intend to travel a lot to South America. He can be any race but I have to get along with his mother. Also, I have to believe that he has a good heart. No smoking. Yes drinking. No drunks. God has to be in his equation of thought like this: GOD>>ME=OTHERS. But at the end of the day, the main thing I'm going to want is someone who just smells good to me. :love:Mmmm pheromones~

EDIT: I forgot to mention that one quality I do not really care much about is looks. I can handle a 4 out of 10. As long as he's an inch taller than me when I wear my highest heels and I don't barf at the thought of kissing him.

Last edited:

You two are both so particular, you may have a very hard time finding a life-long partner. I met my husband by chance, as we were both in the same grad program. I never much cared if the guys I dated were older or younger than I was, within reason, of course. I thought my husband was nice and cute, so we started dating. If you compared my husband and me on paper, we wouldn't seem that compatible. He's 7 years older, we have completely different tastes in music, and he loves baseball while I'm not a huge fan. But we really work well together. We live together and travel well, and we have similar life goals. We found hobbies we both enjoy. We've been together six years and married for one.

No, it's the pain in the arse part that will make it hard for her. I almost always go dutch with the girl, except if it is V-day or her bday, etc. I can't believe there are guys out there in this day and age who will pay for both...

No, it's the pain in the arse part that will make it hard for her. I almost always go dutch with the girl, except if it is V-day or her bday, etc. I can't believe there are guys out there in this day and age who will pay for both...

If you're on a date with the hottest girl you think you'll ever get who has the same humor as you and is totally awesome, you're going to let her pay for half of her meal? That's pretty brazen, because if I pay for half of dinner, that's me suggesting that we should just be friends. Yes, there are plenty of guys (with jobs) who pay for both. I suppose the only reason a guy can only afford to go dutch is if he is a grad student living off a stipend.

If you're on a date with the hottest girl you think you'll ever get who has the same humor as you and is totally awesome, you're going to let her pay for half of her meal? That's pretty brazen, because if I pay for half of dinner, that's me suggesting that we should just be friends. Yes, there are plenty of guys (with jobs) who pay for both. I suppose the only reason a guy can only afford to go dutch is if he is a grad student living off a stipend.

*maybe* the first time, twice max. even when i've offered, girls have refused because they think you expect favors in return...

Whoever asks is the one that's supposed to pay for the date. And the man paying goes back to a time when women weren't socially allowed to make much money at all. If you both get a salary, shouldn't you both pay towards the dating expenses?

I personally prefer paying at least some of my own way. My husband and I split expenses when we dated (he paid for one meal; I paid for the next, not counting special occasions), and we both pay for things now. I didn't like it when the guy insisted on paying when I was dating. Maybe for a first date is fine, but going dutch makes things seem more equal.

Members don't see this ad :)
2) No it does not. It has never meant that, nor should it, based on its root.

Bull****. Is a traditionalist a person that wants a mixture of old-timey and modern culture? Is a white supremacist a person that thinks we should have race equality? Do we have people that are atheistic theists running around? Man...please....Femin/ist...a person who has a primary concern that is women. It is what it is.

4) Part 3) was true but where you are stunningly misinformed is to presuppose that all the Women's Right Movement cares about is the advancement of women. Many of the men and women involved in this movement have bravely participated in other movements and continue to do so. You have no evidence that all feminists care about is the advancement of women. Why do you feel threatened by those who fight for equal gender rights?

That's a common retaliatory strategy of ideologues. The aforementioned Scientologists will tell you that you criticize Scientology because you are afraid of "your crimes." I only "fear" those that only care about advancing the rights of women. Like feminists. And, more broadly, American society for the last half century. The vast majority of major issues women face have been confronted, acknowledged, and in many cases, reversed. That's a good thing indeed. However, the rights of men have been ignored by the feminist movement, and, thus, American society. You say I have no "proof", but I have never in my life seen a feminist speak about the inequalities men face. I'm not sure how else you would prove such a claim. In fact...how the hell can you be a feminist by any definition if your primary concern at that point in time isn't the rights of women? If your concern becomes both genders, then you would by any definition no longer be acting as a feminist.

5) Don't believe everything you see in the media. I'm glad women have the right to drive, work, be educated, vote, run for VPOTUS, etc. "Men be damned" shows that their advancement makes you insecure. It shouldn't.

I don't care if women are my "equals"...**** it. People are people. I actually get along better with my female coworkers than my male coworkers. Mostly because they are all Pitt grads that watch football and I want them to all die. But anyway...I care if their past wrongs are corrected and mens' past wrongs still exist...and these changes are done at a vastly disproportionate rate. How the hell can feminists honestly say they are all for equality? I just don't buy it.

6) Super. As an aside, there are suspicions that much of Dr. MLK Jr's dissertation work has been plagiarized. Still, the same can be said for many prominent historical figures, including excellent scientists.

Dude had balls. That's enough.

7) You hate the NAACP, feminists, you're an angry guy, huh?

Maybe...I dunno...I don't really have a life...so I just sit around...philosophy is my hobby...just sittin' on the porch...and I 'spose during the course of such, I think about new **** that pisses me off...it is what it is.

8) Difference between what? Women's Suffrage, Women's Movement, and the Civil Rights Movement? Then no, I don't. The destinies of these movements have been intertwined and complementary.

Meh...no, the difference between King and the NAACP. King focused on everyone's rights...the NAACP just cares about black people. That's why the feminist movement is offensive to me. It is cognitively ignoring half of the population.

11) I think you mean masculinist, Mr. Etymology. And yes, I do.

Is it? You google that one? Hell, I thought I was just making **** up as I went along. Anyway...then what is the point of using two terms? Wouldn't the use of only one term thus imply that you care less about about the other? To me it does. If I went around and claimed that I was a "masculinist", I'd probably be seen as a sexist. Because men aren't allowed to care about their rights in this culture. Just like a group called the "National Association for the Advancement of White People" would probably be considered racist...yet the NAACP is just fine. And insofar as the history of the feminist movement, its been clear that they only care about the advancement of women. Focusing on the rights of only one sex is just wrong.

lmao...you gonna carry a copy of the woodcock-johnson test with you to the club? :laugh:

*maybe* the first time, twice max. even when i've offered, girls have refused because they think you expect favors in return...

Interesting. I suppose our views depend on our circle of friends. I wonder if it's an Asian thing for guys to always pay for the girl. Most of my friends are Asian and I don't have any close girlfriends who pay for their dates, except when it's the guy's birthday or also under the condition that the guy is in grad school and is living off of a stipend. Also, dating is always exclusive. There are no "favors," but perhaps the physical affection between a couple. I'm just talking about my close friends though. I'm very used to the concept that if you're not paying for dinner, then you're not my bf, and you probably never will be. To me, that's the normal social etiquette of dating. Also, I find it customary to spoil the crap out of your bf/gf on their birthday. I also buy my bf random presents when I go shopping and I think of him. Other than that, he pays for everything. It's like a sign of commitment that he can pay for our dates and he can provide for our family in the future and I am not wasting my time on him because he is clearly not wasting all of his money on me. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm very curious about what part of the U.S. you're from and what race you are, if you don't mind me asking. :p

Whoever asks is the one that's supposed to pay for the date. And the man paying goes back to a time when women weren't socially allowed to make much money at all. If you both get a salary, shouldn't you both pay towards the dating expenses?

I personally prefer paying at least some of my own way. My husband and I split expenses when we dated (he paid for one meal; I paid for the next, not counting special occasions), and we both pay for things now. I didn't like it when the guy insisted on paying when I was dating. Maybe for a first date is fine, but going dutch makes things seem more equal.

I guess I'm very conservative about dating. Blame it on my Asian-ness and my pseudo-conservative immigrant parents who have encapsulated the traditions of Korea from the 1980's. I'm making the guy pay for everything until we get married. All the dates that he pays for is like the prelude to the engagement ring. Can I ask you the same question about where you're from and your race too? Sorry, I'm dying of curiosity. :hungover:

Can I ask you the same question about where you're from and your race too? Sorry, I'm dying of curiosity. :hungover:

Well...

I'm a white, backwoods hillbilly from West Virginia. Hilljack (pronounced heel-jack) accent and all. I could see the dude paying on the first date. I've never taken a girl to dinner on a first date. How ****ing lame and predictable is that. I have, however, asked girls over for a dinner I made (I can cook, dude...)...then just chilled out together and talked about life...because that's infinitely more pimp than dinner out and a movie...

Now AFTER the first date, I would thus be "going out" with her (I've never in my life not gotten a girl to be my girlfriend after a first date...)...and after that point, you are a couple...and here it seems like you try to share expenses after that.

Maybe that's everyone's problem. You date people that aren't smooth.

I think it depends on what's going on. I don't mind paying, as long as it's appreciated; I have issues whenever a man pays for everything, because I don't want it to seem like I can be bought or that I'm being "paid for", i.e. I'm not a hooker.

The only thing that "buys" me is a wonderful evening... (rant: without turning on the boob tube! I can't stand hanging out with someone or being on a date and having to watch tv. I mean, come on! Why is that load of crap on in the first place???)

Last edited:
Well...

I'm a white, backwoods hillbilly from West Virginia. Hilljack (pronounced heel-jack) accent and all.

HAHA now I can't help but read all of your posts in a hillbilly drawl voice in my head :laugh: This is 10 times more amusing than before.

Like the girls you've dated before you married your wife? :) Unless... you forgot to mention that you're also a Mormon and you've married all of them.

I think it depends on what's going on. I don't mind paying, as long as it's appreciated; I have issues whenever a man pays for everything, because I don't want it to seem like I can be bought or that I'm being "paid for", i.e. I'm not a hooker.

I used to behave that way with my high school boyfriend. I refused to let him pay because I didn't want to be "paid" like a hooker. But now, I realize that I crave a bit of chivalry.

The only thing that "buys" me is a wonderful evening... (rant: without turning on the boob tube! I can't stand hanging out with someone or being on a date and having to watch tv. I mean, come on! Why is that load of crap on in the first place???)

T.V. date? :lame: See, that's why you need your man to take you out and pay $400 on two dead center front row mezzanine seats to a sold out Broadway show. And you need to have scallops with saffron sauce with a glass of champagne at a real French restaurant on him. Let him prove that he knows how lucky he is to have your company. ;)

I used to behave that way with my high school boyfriend. I refused to let him pay because I didn't want to be "paid" like a hooker. But now, I realize that I crave a bit of chivalry.

Agreed. When I go on dates, I don't pay because I want to impress the girl with money. I do it to be a gentleman. I also hold the door open for her (unless she explicitly states that she doesn't want me to), and on a few dates, I even did the whole pull a girl's chair out for her to sit steez.

T.V. date? :lame: See, that's why you need your man to take you out and pay $400 on two dead center front row mezzanine seats to a sold out Broadway show. And you need to have scallops with saffron sauce with a glass of champagne at a real French restaurant on him. Let him prove that he knows how lucky he is to have your company. ;)

Okay, I've gone on some terrible dates in my life, but never would I be so lame as to watch television on a date, much less a first date. If anyone out there knows of a guy who has done this, punch him right in the testicles. Twice. And an extra shot for every time he changed the channel.

Dead front row center seats to a Broadway show, and a 5-star dinner as a 5-star restaurant? Tell you what. I'll buy you a cat for your birthday. That way you can start working on being an old cat lady. :laugh:

Well...

Like going on a date, driving the girl home from it and having the girl say goodbye before you've even gotten her back to her house?

FAILTRAIN.jpg

You'd be surprised... people watch tv out of sheer habit... and it sucks! They're everywhere, and all it takes is for one to be in the waiting room of a restaurant or playing a commercial at a sports game or having a roommate whose playing a video game or whatever. I mean... am I not entertaining enough?! LOL!

I date for the other person's company, not all that garbage' every Tom, Dick, and Harry can shell out for if they feel like they should.

Oh well... whatever floats your boat. :)

Last edited:

I have dated more successful men than most people my age, so nothing is "hard" for me. I just don't settle for anyone b/c I am not desperate. However on the other hand, I am sure you can get girls to go dutch with you. Hell, you can get girls to call you 24/7, be your doormat, and pay for everything too. There are a lot of desperate girls out there and I am glad those are the kinda people that you are looking for! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

We are pretty much the same except I have dated older men, but no more than 10 years older than me. I agree the guy would have to be very smart and successful. Also NOT cheap, I cannot stand cheap/stingy people. I am very generous to the people I love and I don't mind spending a ton of $$$ on them either. I love buying gifts for people and can't imagine being with a guy so stingy.

Yeah, I am aware their are woman out there that are okay with being treated like ****. I have guy friends that tell me all the time that they meet girls that's so desperate to date them that she paid for dinner and movies and won't stop calling him to schedule a second date. LOL...I have also had guy friends tell me about girls that won't stop buying him gifts and they have only known each other for 2 months! I LOVE buying gifts for my boyfriend, but he would have to be committed to me 100% and I would have to date him for a while before that happens. And its not like these guys will appreciate what these girls are doing for them. Its will only make the guy think you are a desperate loser when you do that.

Last edited:

Longest relationship is 1 year and 7 months. However, I have date PLENTLY of people for 3 to 4 months all the time. Getting dates is just not hard at all so I don't think I will have to be desperate and settle for anyone.

With that say if I am not into a guy I will not continue to date them just b/c he is taking me out. To me my time is more important than anything else. I would rather sit at home and eat by myself or go out and eat by myself than go out with a guy I don't like. I go on dates not b/c the dinner/movie is free. In fact I don't think its free b/c I spend MY time with him. Trust me, eating at home and watching Sex and the City is a million times better than going to a Five Star restaurant and listening to a guy that I don't like talk for hours...I will pick eat at home anyday.

I need a guy thats GENEROUS don't b*tch about buying a $16 dollar dinner, smart, successful, witty, charming, unique, polite, tall, not fat, good hygienes, in shape, likes to try new things, interesting, non-smoker, CONFIDENT, NOT DESPERATE, not clingly, I prefer dating European man LOVE their accents :oops:, but I would also date Causasian and Asian. Looks don't matter that much, but if he looks like Jude Law I won't complain either. :D

Last edited:
Dead front row center seats to a Broadway show, and a 5-star dinner as a 5-star restaurant? Tell you what. I'll buy you a cat for your birthday. That way you can start working on being an old cat lady. :laugh:

Hey if you can't make an investment of an extravagant evening in a girl on her birthday, then she's probably not the right girl for you. :hungover:

You'd be surprised... people watch tv out of sheer habit... and it sucks! They're everywhere, and all it takes is for one to be in the waiting room of a restaurant or playing a commercial at a sports game or having a roommate whose playing a video game or whatever. I mean... am I not entertaining enough?! LOL!

I date for the other person's company, not all that garbage' every Tom, Dick, and Harry can shell out for if they feel like they should.

Oh well... whatever floats your boat. :)

For some reason, before when you mentioned TV, I was imagining you going on a first date and the guy brings you to his place and flips on the TV. haha GROSS. But you're right, there are times when I will go to a family restaurant that has TV's everywhere. I just make sure I sit in front of the one with the Mets game on so if my guy watches the game, I get the better view. :D I can't expect Broadways shows and not expect to watch a little baseball during dinner. But you've got to be spoiled once in a while lovely Jane! :) I think if you're date likes your company and wants to make you happy, he'll think it's a good investment to please you.

To me my time is more important than anything else. I would rather sit at home and eat by myself or go out and eat by myself than go out with a guy I don't like. I go on dates not b/c the dinner/movie is free. In fact I don't think its free b/c I spend MY time with him. Trust me, eating at home and watching Sex and the City is a million times better than going to a Five Star restaurant and listening to a guy that I don't like talk for hours...I will pick eat at home anyday.

Exactly!

Bull****. Is a traditionalist a person that wants a mixture of old-timey and modern culture? Is a white supremacist a person that thinks we should have race equality? Do we have people that are atheistic theists running around? Man...please....Femin/ist...a person who has a primary concern that is women. It is what it is.
Femine, masculine, supreme.
Feminist, Masculinist, Supremacist.

That's a common retaliatory strategy of ideologues. The aforementioned Scientologists will tell you that you criticize Scientology because you are afraid of "your crimes." I only "fear" those that only care about advancing the rights of women. Like feminists. And, more broadly, American society for the last half century. The vast majority of major issues women face have been confronted, acknowledged, and in many cases, reversed. That's a good thing indeed. However, the rights of men have been ignored by the feminist movement, and, thus, American society. You say I have no "proof", but I have never in my life seen a feminist speak about the inequalities men face. I'm not sure how else you would prove such a claim. In fact...how the hell can you be a feminist by any definition if your primary concern at that point in time isn't the rights of women? If your concern becomes both genders, then you would by any definition no longer be acting as a feminist.
Males of all races (black, white, etc.) *are* discriminated against. The difference is that throughout human history, we have left a legacy of institutionalized societal discrimination against women. For much of American history, and the world's history, they have been second-class citizens.

I don't care if women are my "equals"...**** it. People are people. I actually get along better with my female coworkers than my male coworkers. Mostly because they are all Pitt grads that watch football and I want them to all die. But anyway...I care if their past wrongs are corrected and mens' past wrongs still exist...and these changes are done at a vastly disproportionate rate. How the hell can feminists honestly say they are all for equality? I just don't buy it.
Women care. Brothers, fathers, sons, partners of women care.

Of course they are are for equality. There may be some thing you find egregious but to indict the entire movement is unfair, at best.

Dude had balls. That's enough.
Yeah, it does takes balls to plagiarize. Again, I don't care too much about this since it is quite common actually.

Maybe...I dunno...I don't really have a life...so I just sit around...philosophy is my hobby...just sittin' on the porch...and I 'spose during the course of such, I think about new **** that pisses me off...it is what it is.
lol, fair enough.

Meh...no, the difference between King and the NAACP. King focused on everyone's rights...the NAACP just cares about black people. That's why the feminist movement is offensive to me. It is cognitively ignoring half of the population.
Well I don't know much about the NAACP but I believe they also work on behalf of other underrepresented minorities although it was born (sp?) out of the movement to secure rights for previously enslaved blacks

Is it? You google that one? Hell, I thought I was just making **** up as I went along. Anyway...then what is the point of using two terms? Wouldn't the use of only one term thus imply that you care less about about the other? To me it does. If I went around and claimed that I was a "masculinist", I'd probably be seen as a sexist. Because men aren't allowed to care about their rights in this culture. Just like a group called the "National Association for the Advancement of White People" would probably be considered racist...yet the NAACP is just fine. And insofar as the history of the feminist movement, its been clear that they only care about the advancement of women. Focusing on the rights of only one sex is just wrong.
Yeah it is. No I didn't google it. Do you make a lot of stuff up? Interesting to know.

I took a class called Women & lit. We read a book called "The Book of the City of Ladies," and our unabashedly liberal feminist (and she *did* hate men) indoctrinated me so I went from thinking like you to the way I think now. No....use of one term does not imply disregard for another concern. You can be an environmentalist that also cares about seemingly competing interests. Yeah, you prob. would be seen as sexist, actually, and I must agree, that is wrong. I've never heard of that group, but I wouldn't consider them racist just because of their name. Personally, I think there is ample evidence for discrimination against white people. To me, racism is hideous wherever it rears its ugly head and every group has suffered because of it. No one group has a monopoly on being victims of racism, although I'm sure the NAACP (even though I don't know much about the group) may try to persuade people to believe this. Again, if feminists care principally about the advancements of women's rights, then we should be cognizant that there has been a legacy of institutionalized gender-based discrimination in our society.

Last edited:
I have dated more successful men than most people my age, so nothing is "hard" for me. I just don't settle for anyone b/c I am not desperate. However on the other hand, I am sure you can get girls to go dutch with you. Hell, you can get girls to call you 24/7, be your doormat, and pay for everything too. There are a lot of desperate girls out there and I am glad those are the kinda people that you are looking for! :rolleyes:

Going dutch isn't equivalent to having a girl being your doormat, it is about mutual respect and partnership. Many women have high expectations. You seem to think that high standards=lots of money. But many women have standards in their men that cannot be printed at the Federal Reserve. In other words, they are not for sale. The stock you offer can be found in the Yellow Pages or the NYSE. The stock these women offer can only be paid for by actions and it grows in value over time. Your stock is continually deteriorating. Perhaps the men you have been with do not respect you. You can be bought and paid for, just like any other expendable material possessions. In other words, you are a piece of meat. Why would you assume I am interested in a desperate girl? When I am married, I frankly want my wife to control every last penny I earn but until then, I won't pay someone for their "time." If you need to be paid for your time, then it means it must seem like work to be with that person. Frankly, that is pretty disrespectful to your partner.

Going dutch isn't equivalent to having a girl being your doormat, it is about mutual respect and partnership. Many women have high expectations. You seem to think that high standards=lots of money. But many women have standards in their men that cannot be printed at the Federal Reserve. In other words, they are not for sale. The stock you offer can be found in the Yellow Pages or the NYSE. The stock these women offer can only be paid for by actions and it grows in value over time. Your stock is continually deteriorating. Perhaps the men you have been with do not respect you. You can be bought and paid for, just like any other expendable material possessions. In other words, you are a piece of meat. Why would you assume I am interested in a desperate girl? When I am married, I frankly want my wife to control every last penny I earn but until then, I won't pay someone for their "time." If you need to be paid for your time, then it means it must seem like work to be with that person. Frankly, that is pretty disrespectful to your partner.
You're right about: actions > ability to spend money.

As soon as someone starts treating me badly, I don't turn around and look at them and expect a purse. I just want their actions to change and/or stop. If they don't change, then I try to fix things if I can or just move on. (Sometimes my temper will get the best of me, though, and I'll blow-up before moving on. :oops:)

I don't mind catering to people under the right circumstances, e.g. running errands, going places that they want to go, buying presents here and there, etc. I really don't. But I will not be someone's personal slave or servant or what have you, just because the dollars and cents add up.
I don't do what other people say, either, just because they say it, want me to do it, and have paid for something... which is a problem for older men, because they act like they're trying to be my father, not a companion.

Anyway... money only goes so far in the relationship arena.

Last edited:
ffpickle just owned shc LOL!

Longest relationship is 1 year and 7 months. However, I have date PLENTLY of people for 3 to 4 months all the time. Getting dates is just not hard at all so I don't think I will have to be desperate and settle for anyone.

With that say if I am not into a guy I will not continue to date them just b/c he is taking me out. To me my time is more important than anything else. I would rather sit at home and eat by myself or go out and eat by myself than go out with a guy I don't like. I go on dates not b/c the dinner/movie is free. In fact I don't think its free b/c I spend MY time with him. Trust me, eating at home and watching Sex and the City is a million times better than going to a Five Star restaurant and listening to a guy that I don't like talk for hours...I will pick eat at home anyday.

I need a guy thats GENEROUS don't b*tch about buying a $16 dollar dinner, smart, successful, witty, charming, unique, polite, tall, not fat, good hygienes, in shape, likes to try new things, interesting, non-smoker, CONFIDENT, NOT DESPERATE, not clingly, I prefer dating European man LOVE their accents :oops:, but I would also date Causasian and Asian. Looks don't matter that much, but if he looks like Jude Law I won't complain either. :D

It's ironic how you seek long term relationship(s), yet you don't sound like long term relationship material to me at all.

Last edited:
Hey if you can't make an investment of an extravagant evening in a girl on her birthday, then she's probably not the right girl for you. :hungover:

Birthday or anniversary, sure, the guy should do something extravagant. If it was my wife's birthday and she wanted to do what you just described, it'd be done in a heartbeat. But first date? That should be about getting to know the other person, not about getting to know his wallet.

Going dutch isn't equivalent to having a girl being your doormat, it is about mutual respect and partnership.

I agree with you, because companionship and how well you enjoy each other's company is the cornerstone of any successful relationship, but I still feel like a cheapskate every time I do it.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The best things in life are free.

Birthday or anniversary, sure, the guy should do something extravagant. If it was my wife's birthday and she wanted to do what you just described, it'd be done in a heartbeat. But first date? That should be about getting to know the other person, not about getting to know his wallet.

I agree with you, because companionship and how well you enjoy each other's company is the cornerstone of any successful relationship, but I still feel like a cheapskate every time I do it.

Instead of going dutch, switch off who pays. That way, neither one of you feel cheap; you're each treating each other. The only way this doesn't work is if one place is always McDonald's, and the other is a 5 star restaurant. My husband and I switched off for both the cheap and more regular restaurants while we were dating. The really nice places were reserved for birthdays and special events.

Instead of going dutch, switch off who pays. That way, neither one of you feel cheap; you're each treating each other. The only way this doesn't work is if one place is always McDonald's, and the other is a 5 star restaurant. My husband and I switched off for both the cheap and more regular restaurants while we were dating. The really nice places were reserved for birthdays and special events.

Usually what me and my fiance do is, one of us will pay for dinner and the other will pay for whatever we do after.

I usually make the chick pay.

I've been a long time lurker on my brother's laptop but I thought I'd chime in.

SHC and Kirbypuff, what makes you two so special that you can hold such high standards on a guy? Maybe you two should not go to pharmacy school and look for Mr. Perfect now since your best window or opportunity is between 18-29 years of age. Even if you do find Mr. Perfect, why would he choose you when there are plenty of other girls he can choose instead of you? I guess I just don't understand this feeling of entitlement that you two have because I've seen your facebook photos (accessible from your pharmacy school FB groups) and you two are very average looking for someone your age. Growing up, I knew a brother of a famous movie director and he was around gold-digging women ALL the time and neither of you two fit the bill. I knew someone exactly like you two and she ended up settling at 38 with someone who possessed very little of what she was seeking all her life.

Oh, and an IQ of 150? LMAO, that's like 1 in a 1,000 people before accounting for those other requirements. Seriously, good luck with that one. :rolleyes:

When did I say it was for a first date? (The date I described before was on a valentine's day after a year of dating)

I usually make the chick pay.

You must date fugly chicks. (like UTCowboy)

I've been a long time lurker on my brother's laptop but I thought I'd chime in.

SHC and Kirbypuff, what makes you two so special that you can hold such high standards on a guy? Maybe you two should not go to pharmacy school and look for Mr. Perfect now since your best window or opportunity is between 18-29 years of age.

WE'RE NOT GOLD DIGGERS YOU DUMB ****. I had a streak of 4 millionaire potentials bfs before my current bf (not a millionaire), I could've had it if money was all I wanted.

Even if you do find Mr. Perfect, why would he choose you when there are plenty of other girls he can choose instead of you? I guess I just don't understand this feeling of entitlement that you two have because I've seen your facebook photos (accessible from your pharmacy school FB groups) and you two are very average looking for someone your age.

HAHAHA YEA you've seen my photo you ****ing tart. My FB is private and I'm not friends with anybody from Texas and my fb photo is a group of girls so which one am I you lying ashsole. I don't use the glamor shot on my fb profile anymore so I don't get anymore friend requests from losers like you. I just tried to search for SHC on Mercer, their fb group is closed. Honestly, I BET you you're a fugly little bítch. Don't take your rejected ass hurt feelings out on us.

Plus, I don't think neither of us are banking on our looks alone to get guys.

Growing up, I knew a brother of a famous movie director and he was around gold-digging women ALL the time and neither of you two fit the bill. I knew someone exactly like you two and she ended up settling at 38 with someone who possessed very little of what she was seeking all her life.

RIGHT, I'm sure you know exactly who I am.

Oh, and an IQ of 150? LMAO, that's like 1 in a 1,000 people before accounting for those other requirements. Seriously, good luck with that one. :rolleyes:

My boyfriend of 3½ years has an IQ of 150. :) I don't need luck, I already found him. Our myers-briggs personalities are considered perfect for each other. He fits the "top 50 qualities of my perfect man list" that I created in high school when I was even more optimistic than now. You can go suck it loser.

You want a man who understands women?

Yeah...old cat lady.

My bf understands me. :) He's a cat man. Even if I didn't find him until later on in life, I believe we would've met while walking our cats in the park. :D

Last edited:

That still leaves 6.5 million people on the planet.

IQ tests are stupid. Oh, look at me...I can tell you which little triangle is going to be colored red in the next stage of the pattern. Hell, early last year the school made me go get tested for ADHD after numerous preceptors complained about me drifting off mentally all the time during discussions. The school psychiatrist (an academic that was always looking for **** to write journal articles for, natch...) made me take a stupid-ass brief-form IQ test because I was an "interesting patient." Look...if *I* scored over this arbitrary point of 150...then people with super-magical high IQs aren't that damned special. I don't think I'm so complex that a person with an IQ of 120 wouldn't "get me." And if I'm an example of the top echelon of humanity, then humanity is just...well...pretty much screwed. Because I ain't **** in the grand scheme.

The dude's apparent surprise was humorous though. Dude looked like Ben Stein...surrounded by all of these degrees...playing ****ing Vivaldi in his office...in comes this hilljack sounding dude wearing a John Deere hoodie and a backwards WVU ballcap...spoutin' off a "ain't" here, an "over yonder" there...the occasional "sigogglin'" to describe various patterns that leaned in a direction...lmao...

But back to IQ...there are people with IQs > 190 that believe in religion. That pretty much negates any and all respect I would have for its validity as a measure of reasoning skills. If you are religious, no offense, btw...but you're reasoning skills are nonexistant...(hopefully this spawns a fun, new line of arguments to occupy my time...)

Last edited: