What're the final AAMC tests I should take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1437

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take the MCAT September 5th. Here's my schedule so far:

August 11 - AAMC 3
August 13 - Kaplan FL 4
August 15 - Kaplan FL 3
August 17 - Kaplan FL 5
August 19 - AAMC 4
August 21 - AAMC 5
August 23 - AAMC 6
August 26 - AAMC 7
August 28 - AAMC 8
August 30 - AAMC 9
September 2 - AAMC 10
September 5 - REAL MCAT
ohmy.gif

My question is, should I rearrange these?

What are the last ones I should take? I've heard AAMC 7-10 will give you scores most like what you can expect on the MCAT... So should I take those last? Or should I take those earlier so I know if I have improving to do?

Members don't see this ad.

I take the MCAT September 5th. Here's my schedule so far:

August 11 - AAMC 3
August 13 - Kaplan FL 4
August 15 - Kaplan FL 3
August 17 - Kaplan FL 5
August 19 - AAMC 4
August 21 - AAMC 5
August 23 - AAMC 6
August 26 - AAMC 7
August 28 - AAMC 8
August 30 - AAMC 9
September 2 - AAMC 10
September 5 - REAL MCAT
ohmy.gif

My question is, should I rearrange these?

What are the last ones I should take? I've heard AAMC 7-10 will give you scores most like what you can expect on the MCAT... So should I take those last? Or should I take those earlier so I know if I have improving to do?

wow i think you're thinking way too much into this. just take as many as you can before the REAL DEAL and you ll be fine. it's about practice. i took all of them in random order, and tried to improve on each subsequent one.

Make sure that you save 7-10 for last, other than that it doesn't really make a difference. 3-6 are all pretty old but still good practice tools. One thing you should SERIOUSLY consider is moving the kaplan tests to after AAMC 3-6 or dropping them completely. That schedule is going to be incredibly draining on you and if you aren't giving 100% to your practice attempts you're not going to be using them to the fullest.

You'll find there's stuff on each exam that you don't know, so obviously the more you take the better, but that schedule would be difficult for anyone to complete (and I suspect you'd start realizing that once you take them). Do yourself a favor and lighten it up, the last thing you would want to do is burn yourself out a week before the MCAT.

If I were to rearrange it, I would consider adding an extra day in between each exam (and perhaps leaving out the kaplan exams). When you finish an exam you need a breather, then you need to look over the exam and figure out where you went wrong, and then you need to study those weak areas. That schedule risks some serious burnout.

AAMC 10 most closely resembled the feel and score of the real exam. Unfortunately the real thing will always feel different and uncomfortable, but as long as you take 10 under comparable circumstances... you should receive a comparable score. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC 10 most closely resembled the feel and score of the real exam. Unfortunately the real thing will always feel different and uncomfortable, but as long as you take 10 under comparable circumstances... you should receive a comparable score. Good luck!

I am confused. There seems to be 2 grps of us.

1. regard Kaplan sciences as a better indicator of real MCAT sciences

2. regard latest AAMC as a more accurate indicator

So which one is more indicative?

I personally feel the kaplan science questions are much harder than the AAMC questions....

Will appreciate your input!:luck: