What's my chance of passing the NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxco2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the Naplex and felt horrible about it.

I keep getting questions on how to calculate CrCl. Like a good 10 questions. I used actual body weight for all the questions unless it's stated "use IBW". I just realized that I screwed it up because you should use IBW/adjusted body weight for different patient body types. That's a good 10 questions that i missed. No wonder why they keep giving me CrCl questions bc I got them all wrong.

I also got some ridiculously basic questions like straight up what is the MOA of this drug? and the drug is some basic drug that you had to be a ***** to get it wrong. Ppl told me if you keep receiving these type of basic questions then you are more likely to fail.

I got some HIV questions, but at the beginning. I got 1 oncology question, but it was the last question (#185) and it was asking me for the MOA.

I ran out of time at the end and had to rushed through a good 40 questions. Then, they gave me a series of math questions at the end that I couldn't do because I ran out of time, so I had to put in random answers in the fill in the blank so that i could move on. Had to do it for a good 10 questions.

I had about 50 select all questions (no kidding!), so what are the chances I get any of them right.

When I went home, I realized I missed even the most basic questions because I let my nerves get the best of me.

I've been crying nonstop. I studied and I thought I was prepared. I studied from Rx Prep, did all the quiz banks, and the 120 questions.

My prenaplex score: 74 and 88.

I felt so sad that I had to vent...thank you to anyone who read this. Any similar experience/stories to share are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I am from Florida, took the NAPLEX today, and felt horrible. Checked the NABP website today, and the register for naplex is greyed out. is that a good sign?

hey nitinb2
please would you like to tell me that you passed the test?? i'm so worried I just came back from NAPLEX and felt miserable right now, seems like I have failed. Please some one calm my nerves!!:scared:

Statistically speaking, you have a better chance of getting cancer than failing the naplex :thumbup:

Seriously! I am unfortunate to take the exam before a long weekend means more wait until the results. So now I have made up my mind of all kind of possibilities. My hopes are shattered. I could hardly do anything in this world.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello-

do you know where I can get good sample questions other than rxprep that are similar to naplex format?
and do you know any good source to study more on the biostatics section in naplex, the relative risk, absolute relative risk kind of questions and interpretation

Thanks

Hello-

do you know where I can get good sample questions other than rxprep that are similar to naplex format?
and do you know any good source to study more on the biostatics section in naplex, the relative risk, absolute relative risk kind of questions and interpretation

Thanks
Took Naplex yesterday. I went in thinking I wouldn't get that much HIV and Cancer questions. I was so wrong. I had lots of HIV and Cancer patient cases. And lots of HTN and Diabetes. Felt bleh after the exam. Oh well

Keep in mind. It will be GREY...24/48 hours post Naplex. IF it stays GREY and it's been weeks...you may have failed...(My friend had hers greyed out)... She has to wait 91 days to be able to register again - see how this works now?
You will see the bar on the top "REGISTER FOR NAPLEX" will allow you to register again...this means you passed...

This is what it looks for me and friends who passed. Now for those of you who are so nervous and getting a bit paranoid. Give your NABP a chance to upload your score. And keep in mind it varies from state to state.

What I shared is based on "OUR" experience and may not be applied to you.
hiii I took my naplex on Tuesday Novemebr 26 and didnt finish and realized a lot of mistakes when I went home to check my answers. Its been over 48 hours, and its still greyed out :( how bad of a sign is this

hiii I took my naplex on Tuesday Novemebr 26 and didnt finish and realized a lot of mistakes when I went home to check my answers. Its been over 48 hours, and its still greyed out :( how bad of a sign is this

ps. I am also a california resident so our scores comes through the mail. ugggh so much anxiety over this exam, and I have cpje in a few days.

My bar was greyed out like the first three days after the exam. Now it's brown and beautiful. Haven't got my scores yet though

My bar was greyed out like the first three days after the exam. Now it's brown and beautiful. Haven't got my scores yet though
ugh..i cant wait till I see my bar changing colors. I really hope this rumor s true, and I am not staring at a Bar every hour for nothing. :(

I keep getting questions on how to calculate CrCl. Like a good 10 questions. I used actual body weight for all the questions unless it's stated "use IBW". I just realized that I screwed it up because you should use IBW/adjusted body weight for different patient body types. That's a good 10 questions that i missed. No wonder why they keep giving me CrCl questions bc I got them all wrong.

I also got some ridiculously basic questions like straight up what is the MOA of this drug? and the drug is some basic drug that you had to be a ***** to get it wrong. Ppl told me if you keep receiving these type of basic questions then you are more likely to fail.

I got some HIV questions, but at the beginning. I got 1 oncology question, but it was the last question (#185) and it was asking me for the MOA.

I ran out of time at the end and had to rushed through a good 40 questions. Then, they gave me a series of math questions at the end that I couldn't do because I ran out of time, so I had to put in random answers in the fill in the blank so that i could move on. Had to do it for a good 10 questions.

I had about 50 select all questions (no kidding!), so what are the chances I get any of them right.

When I went home, I realized I missed even the most basic questions because I let my nerves get the best of me.

I've been crying nonstop. I studied and I thought I was prepared. I studied from Rx Prep, did all the quiz banks, and the 120 questions.

I felt so sad that I had to vent...thank you to anyone who read this. Any similar experience/stories to share are welcome.

I had the exact same thing happen to me..the waiting is torture. If I it will be a miracle. I left over 15 blank too :( I ran out of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my exam on Nov. 26 and just like everyone else here, I truly felt I failed the test. It was awful since I had to go through celebrating Thanksgiving with this big worry that wont go away. Not only I found the exam tough but I was filled with anxiety. I stared at my first question for at least a good 10 minutes. I did finish the test eventually with an hour and 30 mins left-not because I knew the answers but I just felt it was pointless to be dwelling on it. I cried when I got home. Last Friday, I saw this thread started by rxco2013- Thank you so much for doing this. Knowing that I wasn't the only one who felt this way after the test gave me hope. I slept well after that. The worry did not totally go away but I had that glimmer of hope. I got my result yesterday and I passed! I am so thankful. Thanks to everyone here who made the unbearable-waiting-for-results bearable!

I took my exam on Nov. 26 and just like everyone else here, I truly felt I failed the test. It was awful since I had to go through celebrating Thanksgiving with this big worry that wont go away. Not only I found the exam tough but I was filled with anxiety. I stared at my first question for at least a good 10 minutes. I did finish the test eventually with an hour and 30 mins left-not because I knew the answers but I just felt it was pointless to be dwelling on it. I cried when I got home. Last Friday, I saw this thread started by rxco2013- Thank you so much for doing this. Knowing that I wasn't the only one who felt this way after the test gave me hope. I slept well after that. The worry did not totally go away but I had that glimmer of hope. I got my result yesterday and I passed! I am so thankful. Thanks to everyone here who made the unbearable-waiting-for-results bearable!
!!! Many many Congrulations now u can relaxed n enjoy holiday season:) can u help me out like how was ur overall test?? math n rest?? N what material did u use?? And how long did you study over all?? I will be soooo thankful to you . Taking me exam soon.

I am so happy to hear that you passed ! congratulations. Your story was exactly like mine! I am still waiting on my score :( I hope I have the same great news! You can finally relax!

Hi I took my Naplex on december 10th I am in California. How much time it will take to get the score.

I took the naplex yesterday, 12/14. I froze during some of the calculations. I had to put in random numbers for several. I completed 184 questions. I'm not sure if I clicked my answer for 185 fast enough. I am praying that I passed.

I recall one HIV question, several oncology questions, and even a couple MS questions.

Last edited:
I am so happy to hear that you passed ! congratulations. Your story was exactly like mine! I am still waiting on my score :( I hope I have the same great news! You can finally relax!

Did you find out if you passed?

I'm new to this forum & would like to please know how I can get the 120 SDN math question packet. I'm preparing to take the naplex & hoping to take it in march or April? I'd be so grateful if anyone can give me any good tips. And should I buy the 2013 rxprep book or wait for the 2014 version? Please help!!! Thank you

Is that the website for the 120 SDN math question? Thank you so much no nonsense for your help. I need all the help I can get! Reading everyone's comments is making me so nervous about the exams. I've been out of school for awhile now & need not only on refreshing my memory but also updating with the new info out there. Do you or anyone know is it important to know about the new drugs out there or just the old ones? Thanks again for your help. I greatly appreciate it!

Is that the website for the 120 SDN math question? Thank you so much no nonsense for your help. I need all the help I can get! Reading everyone's comments is making me so nervous about the exams. I've been out of school for awhile now & need not only on refreshing my memory but also updating with the new info out there. Do you or anyone know is it important to know about the new drugs out there or just the old ones? Thanks again for your help. I greatly appreciate it!

The 120 problems are in the sticky at the top of the forum.

I took the naplex yesterday, 12/14. I froze during some of the calculations. I had to put in random numbers for several. I completed 184 questions. I'm not sure if I clicked my answer for 185 fast enough. I am praying that I passed.

I recall one HIV question, several oncology questions, and even a couple MS questions.

I passed! My score was 103.

I studied with RxPrep, 120 SDN calculations, the Reference Guide for the Pharmacy Licensing Exam - Questions and Answers, and RxPrep questions.

Last edited:
Congrats!! So happy for you. Just wondering other than calculations were the other questions hard? Or did you get confused or anything like that?

Thank you!

The clinical knowledge questions were not too hard. I studied using RxPrep, RxPrep questions and the Reference for the Pharmacy Licensing Exam-Questions and Answers. I read RxPrep and then skimmed half of it it a second time after completing the RxPrep and Reference Guide questions. I honed in on the details I missed the first time. I would've skimmed the whole book again but I was up against the clock.

Congrats cuedee for passing the test! I hope to be in your shoes one day. Where can you get the reference for the pharmacy licensing exam-question and answer? I'm planning to get the rxprep course book but not sure to get the 2013 or 2014 version. But was that really all you needed to study from?

Congrats cuedee for passing the test! I hope to be in your shoes one day. Where can you get the reference for the pharmacy licensing exam-question and answer? I'm planning to get the rxprep course book but not sure to get the 2013 or 2014 version. But was that really all you needed to study from?

Thanks!

Here's the link for the Reference Guide: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/question-banks-for-practice-naplex.818425/
Some of the information was a bit out of date (I think) but this is still a very good resource. Its presentation is the most similar to the naplex and every question has an in depth explanation. I used micromedex to verify that every drug I'd never heard of was actually on the market. I probably should've used lexicomp too.

RxPrep and 120 SDN calculations are fine. I did go through old notes and Dipiro when I needed more clarification. My school also did a calculations review which was a nice warm up for the 120 Calculations.

Last edited:
Thanks cuedee for your help again. It's very much appreciated.

Is the CPJE the same as the naplex with just a few law questions added to it since I heard the CPJE is more clinical? Should I use the rxprep & 120 SDN questions to study for the CPJE as well? And how far apart should one space apart the 2 tests? Thanks for your help!

The CPJE is a little more specific than the Naplex. Answer choices are a little more difficult to discern between mainly because most of the answers are somewhat correct. But there is only one "most" correct answer if that makes any sense. That's the difficult aspect IMO

But should I study for both tests basically the same way? And should I take the 2 tests close together? Thanks for your help!

The button will not change to orange until your naplex status changes to registration closed. This will not happen until your score is released, so by the time the button changes you will already know your score. No sense in obsessing over the button color ahead of time.

Hello. Did you pass? I seemed to have the same experience as you did. I got a few mechanism of action questions that you would have to be a ***** to miss. I also kept getting questions on the same case. I would get like 6 or 7 quesitons on the same case. And it seemed as if when I finally was confident that I answered the question right.... it then moved on after like 6 or 7 questions. Are these bad signs??

Okay so I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and have never posted. They provided some useful info and freaked me out tremendously!

I took my NAPLEX Saturday (7.13.13) in Texas and just found out I passed.
Here are a some things to note that might ease your minds!

Time spent studying: Roughly 10 days with an average of 5 hours per day (and these were not hours spent alone--was at home with family members all around with the TV going, etc)
Study materials used:
120 SDN math question packet (it's the ONLY math reference you really need)
Did not read the entire RXprep book--only read DM, HTN, CF, Anticoags, Dyslipidemia---LIGHTLY skimmed through the rest
Did not do the Rxprep quiz bank AT ALL
Used old notes (that were basically summaries)--compiled into 100 pages worth of summarized notes
Did not do any pre-tests

I am strong in math so I know I got all my math problems correct, which according to many is a huge factor

I felt HORRIBLE after the exam---I started counting ones I KNEW I got wrong (and most were easy ones)

School credentials:
Cumulative GPA: 3.28
Was your average B student

Naplex score: 100
Good job on your test. I took it today. I only got like 3 biostats questions. And I kept getting multiple questions on the same case. Do you think that is a bad sign?

So here's what you both should see in your dashboard: I was in your shoes a few weeks ago:

If you know you passed :
1- You will be able to see your Naplex Registration open meaning ( it looks like you can still take the Naplex again).
2-Active Registration - click that - if it says closed and you see the Naplex on top along the pre-naplx and it's NOT greyed out...YOU PASSED
If this is grayed out and you see your ACTIVE REGISTRATION and it's closed - you failed.

I had to do this and found out one of my friends failed... Not sure about CA folks, this is only for out of state people. I'm transfering score to CA.

I took my Naplex this past Saturday at 8am, so it's been 5 days... My registration is CLOSED but the Naplex button is still grey.... So if doesn't say active registration. How many days did if take for yours to turn orange?

I took NAPLEX on a Monday and by Wednesday morning the button went from gray to brown. By Thursday the state BOP changed my NAPLEX status to "complete" on my license requirement checklist. Good luck.