What's the biggest mistake you've made on a secondary app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sherer1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm super sleep deprived and I just submitted my University of Michigan secondary calling their school 'UMSOM'....THREE times.....I spent so much time trying to perfect it T.T how did I make such a stupid mistake??

Initially I used UMich but changed it last minute cause I thought that was too improper TT.TT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I accidentally submitted a completely blank secondary

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OSU's formatting issues added 3 random question marks in my essay in the place of quotation marks and an apostrophe.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm super sleep deprived and I just submitted my University of Michigan secondary calling their school 'UMSOM'....THREE times.....I spent so much time trying to perfect it T.T how did I make such a stupid mistake??

Initially I used UMich but changed it last minute cause I thought that was too improper TT.TT
At like you didn't call it Michigan State.

\I've seen similar (and close to lethal) mistakes like that.

We like candidates to make good choices. Preparing and submitting an app while sleep deprived is not in that pool.

Not prewriting Duke's secondary

LOL, tell me about it.

Duke is going to be my last secondary (almost there already!) and I'm gonna take my time even if it's like 5-6 weeks post receipt.

I left an optional essay blank for my top choice that I probably should have answered. It was about how my identity affects my decision to go into medicine and I didn’t feel like I had anything to add but I could have come up with something.

Idk how but last cycle I submitted a DO application and every "space" I made was replaced with a "?", so lame lol

There were several schools where the moment I read their secondary, I knew I wasn't ever going to be complete there (looking at you, Vandy & Duke & UCSD). I could have just looked at the school-specific SDN threads to see what the prompts were like, but no, I found out the hard way. Might as well have just lit $100+ on fire, total mistake to even get to the secondaries in the first place.

I accidentally submitted a completely blank secondary

I should add, I’m matriculating to that school, which was my top choice, this upcoming week. After panicking and apologizing for my error, admissions let me send my answers in an email directly to them.

Reactions: 5 users