What's the Policy on Acceptance deposits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DblHelix

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm kind of worried about going on an interview before I have any other interview invites. I heard you only have two weeks to decide once they accept you and that it requires something like a rediculous $1000 deposit that you don't get back if you end up going somewhere else. Is this true? How do you manage all the interviews if there is a possibility that you get accepted before you have other interviews? Oye...

Members don't see this ad.

generally if you apply this early in the cycle you have until mid-december for most schools. The 2-week deposits start around february or march I think. I know I saw a chart of this sort on aacom.org before... fish around.

generally if you apply this early in the cycle you have until mid-december for most schools. The 2-week deposits start around february or march I think. I know I saw a chart of this sort on aacom.org before... fish around.

Where? I can't find it. Anyone else know the policy?

It's up to the school to determine when the deposit is due. Last year, I think most of my deposits were due around Dec. 1, and lots of schools just ask for a portion of the total deposit. For example, DMU required that I pay $500 at some point in December (maybe Dec. 15) and then two additional deposits of $250 later in the spring. CCOM required a $250 deposit also in December followed by a $750 deposit in January. I've heard Touro requires that you pay $2000 within a ridiculously short time frame like 2 weeks, but that is not normal.