WHats up with all the GPAs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amirmoh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have seen quite a few people (inlcuding me) with lopsided gpa. for example some people have high non science gpa but low BCP gpas etc etc. I wanted to know which of these GPAs have the most significance to adcoms and which GPAs are not quite as important.
the overall GPA?
the science GPA?
the BCP gpa?
or the Non-science GPA?

personally, i would think that the BCP gpa and the overall gpa would have the biggest significance, but i could be wrong.

amir

Members don't see this ad.

Amirmoh said:
hey guys i have seen quite a few people (inlcuding me) with lopsided gpa. for example some people have high non science gpa but low BCP gpas etc etc. I wanted to know which of these GPAs have the most significance to adcoms and which GPAs are not quite as important.
the overall GPA?
the science GPA?
the BCP gpa?
or the Non-science GPA?

personally, i would think that the BCP gpa and the overall gpa would have the biggest significance, but i could be wrong.

amir

I think the overall GPA gives the adcoms the biggest factor of how well you do on a long-term basis. Science GPA I would rank as the second most important, for obvious reasions.

i would think that it would be the overall GPA and then the BCP gpa, only because the BCP includes life sciences and science gpa would be like third important only because it includes math classes which are not critical to dental school.

amir