What's up with Baylor??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saffron

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i interviewed months ago and have yet to hear anything. someone told me they have made all acceptances and are only waitlisting now...anybody know anything? everytime i call the office, the lady is so rude and tells me "your file is complete and thats all i know" :rolleyes: im like, duh, obviously my file is complete biatch... :p

Members don't see this ad.

Who are you talking to? When i call i try to ask for Cassandra or Melody- both are very nice and helpful. Good luck! --Trek

I'm in the same boat saffron. I interviewed in September and haven't heard a peep from them since. They are quite unresponsive to my attempts to get information.

You might try emailing Melody. Last time I did that, it took her over a week to get back to me, and then she wasn't very helpful. She's always nice though.

Lilycat (who goes to Baylor) told me that I should expect a waitlist letter in April. Apparently everyone they interview gets accepted or waitlisted. Wish I had better news for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
im talking to whoever picks up at the main desk when you call the admissions office (sounds like a young girl with some kinda accent). i get the feeling she is instructed what to say and is pretty robotic about it

"your file is complete and we grant acceptances all the way till Aug. till our class is full" :rolleyes:

do any other schools wait months and months before notifying you of your status?? either they have a set acceptance date (non-rolling) or tell you when to expect an answer (6-8 weeks, etc) for rolling...baylor told me NOTHING. Grrrr...

Hi guys,
I'd just like to say I'm in the same boat as you all. I interviewed in December and still haven't heard anything. I wish they would just tell us and get it over with. So waitlist letters come out in April I think, right? Well, good luck to all of you. :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got some info from friends of mine that are at baylor. Basically, they have accepted more people than the number of seats in their class. They are no longer handing out acceptances so everyone else is on the waitlist. They also notify individuals that are on the high end of the waitlist by the end of march, so if you haven't heard by then your chances are slim.

Thanks for the update & good luck to all.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by nray:
•They also notify individuals that are on the high end of the waitlist by the end of march, so if you haven't heard by then your chances are slim.•••••Anyone know what the high end of the waitlist is? Top 1/3? Any idea how many people get pulled off the waitlist in a typical year? I'm guessing that won't be too reliable for this year since they've already accepted too many? Ah, screw it!

Papa- you applied/interviewed at Baylor? Let me know- PM if you want, don't matter. --Trek