What's your biggest challenge right now?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well

For those of you that are applying this year, good luck! For those of you that are MATRICULATING this year, good luck!

Just curious as to what your biggest challenge is right now? Are any of you taking summer classes?

I just finished up retaking Biochem in six weeks (yes it was ROUGH) but I managed to pull a 110 % on the final :')

I'm still taking more summer classes (Micro and Micro lab, with Anatomy II) and all are going really well.

What is everyone up to right now? Are any of you taking summer classes? Which ones?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No summer classes, but I am currently studying to take the MCAT in two weeks! My school isn't the most pre-med friendly, so I haven't taken human bio yet (eek), so I've been self-studying that... fingers crossed it goes well

My biggest challenge right now is staying positive after injuring my foot during summer cross country training. Now I'm stuck in a boot and am having trouble finding good ways to cross train without hurting my foot further. I'm itching to get out and run, and I'm hoping that this isn't too much of a setback for the upcoming season :(

Reactions: 1 users
No summer classes, but trying to figure out how I am going to balance school, EC's, and social life next semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm about to start a short summer course (physics 2), and am trying to balance doing full-time research, writing secondaries, and moving. Not fun, but I'm super motivated to get everything done.

• Wow
Just dealing with a lot of personal stuff at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well

For those of you that are applying this year, good luck! For those of you that are MATRICULATING this year, good luck!

Just curious as to what your biggest challenge is right now? Are any of you taking summer classes?

I just finished up retaking Biochem in six weeks (yes it was ROUGH) but I managed to pull a 110 % on the final :')

I'm still taking more summer classes (Micro and Micro lab, with Anatomy II) and all are going really well.

What is everyone up to right now? Are any of you taking summer classes? Which ones?

Was retaking Biochem really necessary?

I have a month before matriculation and can't find the motivation to do anything lol. I thought taking this month to do absolutely nothing would be nice but I'm ready to get back to grinding!! On the bright side, I move in about two weeks to where my med school is :)

I matriculate in about a month too and I have mixed feelings. Very grateful and excited to start school (especially since I've been out for 2 years) but also nervous/worried since I know we'll hit the ground running. Right now I'm finalizing getting a new apartment and preparing for the big move

Reactions: 3 users
I matriculate in about a month too and I have mixed feelings. Very grateful and excited to start school (especially since I've been out for 2 years) but also nervous/worried since I know we'll hit the ground running. Right now I'm finalizing getting a new apartment and preparing for the big move

Wow man!! Maybe just practice reading a bit? Be ready bro!

I have a month before matriculation and can't find the motivation to do anything lol. I thought taking this month to do absolutely nothing would be nice but I'm ready to get back to grinding!! On the bright side, I move in about two weeks to where my med school is :)

Hey you’re relaxed and recharged. You’re gonna wreck med school

• Love
Most difficult thing right now? I work tuesdays. thursdays, and once on the weekend which barely leaves enough time to write secondaries while also going backpacking AND camping each week. I often find myself having to choose between either backpacking OR camping and it is stressful.

No but seriously, nothing really challenging right NOW. Give it a month...give it a month...

Also, I guess, having to deal with state financial aid being discontinued for me in winter quarter. My university is counting all of my military credits against my ‘satisfactory academic progress’ but won’t actually accept them for transfer credit...so I am out $10K in FA....But I’ll manage methinks.

I’m an M4, currently on an audition rotation.

So I’m 800 miles from my fiancé, living on borrowed money in a strange city where I don’t know a soul, busting my butt in a hospital I’m totally unfamiliar with. And if my letter is anything other than glowing it could have disastrous consequences for my career.

I’ll tell you, the last year of med school is a remarkable, fun, challenging, bizarre experience. Like interview season, but on steroids.

Good luck to y’all out there plugging along. Life is better in med school.