You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
6
698344
Ohio....State....Bio 1, Orgo 1(with labs), Stats, Online class, and working 24 hrs a week as a PCNA at the Cleveland Clinic!!!
6
698344
Exciting! I feel like the rest of college after you get your first acceptance must feel great. You finally get to experience it without any pressure. Good luck if you applied this cycle!Senior Year:
Genetics, sociology, physiology, volleyball
No monday or friday classes. After 3 years of premed I finally have a nice schedule. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
D
deleted577188
Is being an SI similar to tutoring or teaching organic chem?Operating Systems
Programming Logic
Software Engineering
Immunology
Advanced Organic Mechanisms
Differential Equations
Teaching Organic SI (sorta like tutoring)
Trying to find time for Research and volunteering
re-teaching after lecture. Daily classes for about an hour. Not connected to the class. Typically class size is about 5ish. Basically just try and get people to understand the content.Is being an SI similar to tutoring or teaching organic chem?
Sorta in-between tutoring and teaching.
re-teaching after lecture. Daily classes for about an hour. Not connected to the class. Typically class size is about 5ish. Basically just try and get people to understand the content.
Sorta in-between tutoring and teaching.
It's slightly different at different institutions, but that's the gist of it. At my university, our SI class size can range from a few students to close to 100, depending on the class.
It's slightly different at different institutions, but that's the gist of it. At my university, our SI class size can range from a few students to close to 100, depending on the class.
Depends on what day it is. I go to a very large public school. We can reach 100 on the classic, "oh **** the final is in 3 days" meeting. Or the week before the exam when the students STILL dont know Substitution vs Elimination.
But yea, normal days it can die down.
D
deleted577188
That sounds really cool! I asked because my school calls an undergraduate TA, an SI as the official name for the position.re-teaching after lecture. Daily classes for about an hour. Not connected to the class. Typically class size is about 5ish. Basically just try and get people to understand the content.
Sorta in-between tutoring and teaching.
From experience with Orgo + Physics with another typically tough science course I'd say you're in good shape!
Glad to hear that my thinking is clear on this. I'm surrounded by lots of credit obsessed people, including my roommate who is like the credit monster - granted she wants a PhD and research eats up a lot of credits for her, so it makes sense.
On a side note, I'm also going to be working for my university for one of our tutoring centers newish programs. We piloted it last semester and it was really cool to be part of the original group, since it's basically doubling in size next semester. It's sort of a cross between SI and tutoring. I lead one to two sessions with the same group of people (around 10 people per group) who are taking a class I previously have taken and I help them through a professor generated problem set. What's cool is that we don't get the answers and have to go through the problems sets with our fellow group leaders before our sessions to figure out the answers. Last semester I did Calc I for the Life and Social Sciences. I'm hoping to do either gen chem or gen bio this upcoming semester though because I like them a whole lot more than math. There's only so much fun in explaining the fundamental theorem of calculus to mostly bored business and science majors who did not want to take the harder calculus. Granted, I didn't want to take it either, but I still relatively like math.
Operating Systems
Programming Logic
Software Engineering
Immunology
Advanced Organic Mechanisms
Differential Equations
Teaching Organic SI (sorta like tutoring)
Trying to find time for Research and volunteering
Just curious but why are you doing DiffQ? It doesn't go along with the other classes you posted, unless you gotta take it or you want to make some models for your CS classes.
Just curious but why are you doing DiffQ? It doesn't go along with the other classes you posted, unless you gotta take it or you want to make some models for your CS classes.
I need it for a math minor. CS requires Calc 1-4 Linear algebra. If I finish DvQs then I can get the minor.
Senior (upward trend represent!)
Microbio with lab
Cell Bio
Neuroscience Research for credit (and a grade this time!)
History of the Holocaust
English
Not really looking forward to the English because it's a paper and ~100 pages of reading each week. On top of all this, I have a job, several leadership roles, a girlfriend, and ER volunteering. No rest for the wicked... or the premed...
Microbio with lab
Cell Bio
Neuroscience Research for credit (and a grade this time!)
History of the Holocaust
English
Not really looking forward to the English because it's a paper and ~100 pages of reading each week. On top of all this, I have a job, several leadership roles, a girlfriend, and ER volunteering. No rest for the wicked... or the premed...
Michigan can go f**k itself. Virginia Tech too.Ohio....State....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
698344
😳 don't tell me you're a buckeye too.Michigan can go f**k itself. Virginia Tech too.
I know I love everything about it!Cleveland Clinic >
What do you mean?Ohio....State....
I have a friend who goes there, so I'm pretty much a bandwagon fan haha (but not because of the Championship win last season.)😳 don't tell me you're a buckeye too.
I go to a school in the South. Huge SEC fan and I know everything there is to know in the east and the west.
Biochem
Cell Bio
Medical Humanities
Junk Class
Junk Class
Research
Cell Bio
Medical Humanities
Junk Class
Junk Class
Research
Biochem
Animal Development
Accounting
Management Information Systems
And the really challenging, yet crucial to my career class:
Golf
+15 hrs/week of research and running a company I own.
I hear a 4.0 semester calling my name.
Animal Development
Accounting
Management Information Systems
And the really challenging, yet crucial to my career class:
Golf
+15 hrs/week of research and running a company I own.
I hear a 4.0 semester calling my name.

Freshman; Biochemistry Major
Calculus 2
Chem 1
American History
Honors class bs for 3 credits.
thoughts? really wish I would have done better so I could have tested out of calculus two and start off in both chemistry and biology. but alas biology is for next semester and first semester of sophomore year.
Calculus 2
Chem 1
American History
Honors class bs for 3 credits.
thoughts? really wish I would have done better so I could have tested out of calculus two and start off in both chemistry and biology. but alas biology is for next semester and first semester of sophomore year.
Oh dear. Good luck! I hear this a serious filter class. 😉And the really challenging, yet crucial to my career class:
Golf
I'm only taking Orgo 2 w/ lab, Physics 1 w/ lab, and A&P (w/ lab). 15 credits.
Not sure if everyone is a troll, or I'm just incredibly lazy.
RIP to me?! I would much rather sit around doing fun, challenging math problems than take three or four labs in one semester like some of you are planning on doing; good luck!
Inorg and org at the same time compounded with upper level math courses? Dibs on all your stuff.
Well, I don't plan on having a social life, so...
Well, I don't plan on having a social life, so...
I was able to keep a pretty healthy social life with Abstract Algebra + Linear Algebra + Advanced Stat Methods + History of Math research. In fact, I got along with people pretty well that whole time. (Also took a class in bioinformatics and Java, the latter was a requirement for my major.)
You can certainly keep alive the whole time. If you need help brushing up on basic Linear topics, Khan Academy has some videos on matrix operators, matrix principles, and transposing if you want to refresh yourself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a B+ in Physiology, and a B in Genetics. I plan to retake to get an A. does that make sense.
If this isn't a facetious post, then this is a very bad idea.
Ehhhhhhhh... No, not really.I got a B+ in Physiology, and a B in Genetics. I plan to retake to get an A. does that make sense.
its fine, I had ochem2,genetics, physiology, and evolution, and some piano class. well i didnt do good because i was working 15 hours in a cafeteria. It was really stressful, so i try not to be too hard on myself. You could take those classes without as much EC's .I'll join in,
Sophomore Biology major
O-Chem 1
O-Chem 1 lab
Genetics
Genetics lab
Sociology
Calculus 1
Exercise Science(gym basically🙄)
Orchestra
19 credits over all... currently rethinking my life choices.![]()
I'll join in,
Sophomore Biology major
O-Chem 1
O-Chem 1 lab
Genetics
Genetics lab
Sociology
Calculus 1
Exercise Science(gym basically🙄)
Orchestra
19 credits over all... currently rethinking my life choices.![]()
RIP
-
Last edited:
Oh goodness! I'll be an RA this semester in a Freshman dorm rooms, so 20 scheduled hours a week and basically on call 24/7. Ill play it by ear lol.its fine, I had ochem2,genetics, physiology, and evolution, and some piano class. well i didnt do good because i was working 15 hours in a cafeteria. It was really stressful, so i try not to be too hard on myself. You could take those classes without as much EC's .
This makes no sense whatsoever. Seems like a waste of time and money that you can spend on classes you can make A's in.I got a B+ in Physiology, and a B in Genetics. I plan to retake to get an A. does that make sense.
None cause I'm done!
In my school, we have a flat rate, like 12-18 credits pay the same, plus I need 12 credits to be full time, why not take advantage and raise my GPA. see my science gpa can go from a 3.71 to a 3.85. Also my overall will be a 3.9. If I took other classes, I would just have a 3.79 sgpa and 3.85 cgpa.This makes no sense whatsoever. Seems like a waste of time and money that you can spend on classes you can make A's in.
D
deleted577188
Time management must be on 5000 this semester!Orgo I + lab
Microbio + lab
Physics I + lab
Intermediate Latin
Neuroscience research credit
17 credit hours. 4 labs.
I'm a little scared
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Orgo I + lab
Microbio + lab
Physics I + lab
Intermediate Latin
Neuroscience research credit
17 credit hours. 4 labs.
I'm a little scared
Senior, Biochem and Exercise Sport Science Major!
Biochem 1
Genetics
Anatomy and Physiology 2
O-Chem Lab
1 credit Chem writing/presentation course
Prevention and Care of Injuries
Fitness Walking
18 Credits
Biochem 1
Genetics
Anatomy and Physiology 2
O-Chem Lab
1 credit Chem writing/presentation course
Prevention and Care of Injuries
Fitness Walking
18 Credits
Eh, said screw it and signed up for a Medical Terminology class and an Intro to Sociology class on top of these, which I'll use a partial prep for the MCAT.Heading into my final semester at community college, and only need three classes to get my Associate's. Plus, I'll be maxed out on transferable credits, so it's a light one:
O-Chem II
O-Chem II Lab
Intro to Biotechnology
Might do a single credit of research if anyone can be bothered to respond to my requests. Thrilled to be leaving this bloody place!
good luck with biochem, genetics, and anatomy and physio. At my school, its a no-noSenior, Biochem and Exercise Sport Science Major!
Biochem 1
Genetics
Anatomy and Physiology 2
O-Chem Lab
1 credit Chem writing/presentation course
Prevention and Care of Injuries
Fitness Walking
18 Credits
Fall quarter of my Junior year I took:Lol done with all GE's and heading into junior year. Thanks tho!
BIS 101 - Genetics
BIS 103 - Biochem (II), Metabolism - One of the most intense classes, reminded me of Ochem
Neurobiology Lab - Very cool, got to do experiments on frogs and lab partners.
Comp Lit
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 584
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 936
