Wheeling Jesuit University DPT interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrap92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm interviewing with WJU on 1/16! Anyone know how their interviews are?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, just wondering when did they give everyone to decide by if they were going to attend?

Have you all heard from them lately? I received an interview offer on Sept. 30th, then an email on Oct. 3rd stating I would be given more information later. I have yet to receive anything else from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you all heard from them lately? I received an interview offer on Sept. 30th, then an email on Oct. 3rd stating I would be given more information later. I have yet to receive anything else from them.
@WVPT When is/was your interview at WJU? I received an interview offer today.

Does anyone know if they are doing 2nd round interviews

I ended up declining my interview. Good luck to you all!

I ended up declining my interview. Good luck to you all!
Where did you decide to attend? And also, when did you decline if you don't mind me asking!

I was accepted to Emory & Henry, and I am still waiting to hear from Marshall University. I was going to go to see what Wheeling Jesuit had to offer, but I decided to decline Friday.

I was accepted to Emory & Henry, and I am still waiting to hear from Marshall University. I was going to go to see what Wheeling Jesuit had to offer, but I decided to decline Friday.
Good luck to you @WVPT

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I received an interview invitation from Wheeling Jesuit University on November 26th, and received my follow up email with more information pertaining to the interview on January 16th. Like @WVPT , I am also waiting to hear back from Marshall University after interviewing for their program. Also, my interview is scheduled for Friday, January 27th at 8:30am as well. Good luck everyone!

I know there is a 15 min individual interview and an essay but does anyone know anything else or what a mock tutorial session is??

Just received my acceptance to WJU! I'm excited! Anyone else hear back yet?

how long are they giving everyone to put their deposit down?

Just received my acceptance to WJU! I'm excited! Anyone else hear back yet?
I was accepted today too!

I have been waitlisted at a couple of schools, and I have an interview with Bellarmine University this Friday. WJU is the first school to offer me a seat, so as of right now I will be there! I enjoyed my time there during the interview. Congratulations and hopefully I will meet you all in August after taking our online classes!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted today too!

I have been waitlisted at a couple of schools, and I have an interview with Bellarmine University this Friday. WJU is the first school to offer me a seat, so as of right now I will be there! I enjoyed my time there during the interview. Congratulations and hopefully I will meet you all in August after taking our online classes!
What did you think of the facilities and the surrounding areas?

What did you think of the facilities and the surrounding areas?
Unfortunately I didn't get to explore too much. I drove up from Knoxville, TN, where I am from, and walked around Wheeling a bit near the PT building. The city itself reminded me of Knoxville. It was quite a bit smaller, and a bit more run down, but I liked the area nonetheless. I also drove up to Pittsburgh while I was in the area, and I like the fact that you could reside in the middle and be 30 minutes away from the PT building and Pittsburgh!

I've only interviewed at three other schools, but in my opinion WJU's facilities were right in the middle of the pack in regards to how nice they were. I've seen better, but I have also seen worse. I like that we get 24/7 access to the building for sure. On the other hand, I didn't like that they don't have an Anatomy & Phys course. Like any other program it has it's pros and cons, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. All in all, I like the program! What are your thoughts?

Unfortunately I didn't get to explore too much. I drove up from Knoxville, TN, where I am from, and walked around Wheeling a bit near the PT building. The city itself reminded me of Knoxville. It was quite a bit smaller, and a bit more run down, but I liked the area nonetheless. I also drove up to Pittsburgh while I was in the area, and I like the fact that you could reside in the middle and be 30 minutes away from the PT building and Pittsburgh!

I've only interviewed at three other schools, but in my opinion WJU's facilities were right in the middle of the pack in regards to how nice they were. I've seen better, but I have also seen worse. I like that we get 24/7 access to the building for sure. On the other hand, I didn't like that they don't have an Anatomy & Phys course. Like any other program it has it's pros and cons, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. All in all, I like the program! What are your thoughts?
Ah interesting. Thank you very much for your input! I've only interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX and I really thought their facility was amazing; state of the art equipment and lab rooms; no cadaver lab though :( In terms of WJU, I physically did not go to the campus for the interview since I am from California. I had a skype interview, so I am trying to gauge the program from other fellow applicants. There is no Anatomy course? How does that work?

Ah interesting. Thank you very much for your input! I've only interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX and I really thought their facility was amazing; state of the art equipment and lab rooms; no cadaver lab though :( In terms of WJU, I physically did not go to the campus for the interview since I am from California. I had a skype interview, so I am trying to gauge the program from other fellow applicants. There is no Anatomy course? How does that work?
WJU didn't have a cadaver lab either, and I found that upsetting as well. After speaking with students who are currently in the program, they said that WJU expects you to, for the most part, have a solid understanding of anatomy upon starting their program. The students said that anatomy is applied throughout their curriculum, so they didn't feel as though not having anatomy hurt their preparation to become successful PTs. That's about all I know..perhaps someone else could provide a bit more insight on that. It's awesome that you have options, and congratulations!

WJU didn't have a cadaver lab either, and I found that upsetting as well. After speaking with students who are currently in the program, they said that WJU expects you to, for the most part, have a solid understanding of anatomy upon starting their program. The students said that anatomy is applied throughout their curriculum, so they didn't feel as though not having anatomy hurt their preparation to become successful PTs. That's about all I know..perhaps someone else could provide a bit more insight on that. It's awesome that you have options, and congratulations!
Oh boy. That is pretty upsetting to me as well. The last time I took anatomy was my sophomore year during undergrad. Not sure what I still remember. As long as I get somewhat of a refresher of the anatomy I think I will be okay. Hopefully reading my netter book all summer will help me prepare :p anyways hope to see you there in August and congratulations to you as well. Goodluck on your other interviews! Cheers!

For anyone that was accepted did you receive your letter in the mail yet?

I just got the letter in the mail today! The exact same thing as email with the form attached to sign and send back.

I just received a letter of acceptance from Methodist University, so I may be declining my seat.

I just received a letter of acceptance from Methodist University, so I may be declining my seat.
Did you just receive the acceptance today? & does anyone know if they started a waitlist for here? I have not heard anything back yet

@DPTapplicant805 @sjk2016 I interviewed with Methodist in early January, and it immediately became my number one school. I was originally placed on the waitlist, but received an email confirming my acceptance while I was in my interview with Bellarmine University today! I don't want to make a decision until I talk with my parents and I hear back from Bellarmine, but I will let you know if I decline my spot at WJU.

I'm not sure if they have started a waitlist or not, but I do know that a lot of others have not heard anything as well so you aren't the only one!

@DPTapplicant805 @sjk2016 I interviewed with Methodist in early January, and it immediately became my number one school. I was originally placed on the waitlist, but received an email confirming my acceptance while I was in my interview with Bellarmine University today! I don't want to make a decision until I talk with my parents and I hear back from Bellarmine, but I will let you know if I decline my spot at WJU.

I'm not sure if they have started a waitlist or not, but I do know that a lot of others have not heard anything as well so you aren't the only one!
Ok Great!! Thanks for the info! Good luck making your decision!

I had the same thoughts about Methodist. I received my acceptance there on Monday.

I had the same thoughts about Methodist. I received my acceptance there on Monday.
Which school are you leaning towards? I'm leaning towards Methodist because they're facilities are top-notch, they have a cadaver lab, they include Anatomy and Phys in their curriculum, and it's a little cheaper. The big downfall is that it is not yet accredited, but I feel confident that they will be by the time we graduate.. still a risk though.

Which school are you leaning towards? I'm leaning towards Methodist because they're facilities are top-notch, they have a cadaver lab, they include Anatomy and Phys in their curriculum, and it's a little cheaper. The big downfall is that it is not yet accredited, but I feel confident that they will be by the time we graduate.. still a risk though.
Methodist also. The facilities are the best I've seen by far! I really liked everyone I met there. I agree about the accreditation but I've read no program has ever been denied accreditation. Also, they have the well established PA program and know what they're doing in the Health Sciences field. I'm on several other waitlist and am still waiting to hear from a few more schools too.

Last edited:
Will be declining Wheeling Jesuit, hopefully this helps someone out!

I will also be declining my spot at WJU. I have decided to attend Methodist University. Good luck everyone!

If you both don't mind me asking, when did you decline? I haven't heard anything back from them yet so just wondering!! Congrats on your choices!

Also, does anyone know how many people they interview and if they sent out a waitlist today?

Last edited:
If you both don't mind me asking, when did you decline? I haven't heard anything back from them yet so just wondering!! Congrats on your choices!

Also, does anyone know how many people they interview and if they sent out a waitlist today?
@sjk2016 when I interviewed there they told us they send out 70 acceptances for the 55 seats. This formula has always worked for them. Once they hear back from all of those accepted, they go to the waitlist. They interviewed about 140 and I believe most of the ones not accepted will be waitlisted. I hope this helps.

@sjk2016 when I interviewed there they told us they send out 70 acceptances for the 55 seats. This formula has always worked for them. Once they hear back from all of those accepted, they go to the waitlist. They interviewed about 140 and I believe most of the ones not accepted will be waitlisted. I hope this helps.
Thanks it does!! I actually went ahead and emailed someone from there today and they basically said if you didn't get an interview your denied.

I haven't officially denied my spot yet. I'll probably be doing so either this Friday or next Monday. I hope you hear positive news from a program soon! Good luck.