When applying to DR and IR...

Started by Fenixak
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fenixak

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for those that plan on applying to DR and IR...

Would it be damaging to your Application if you applied to both programs at the same school? My gut is telling me that it would make me seem like a weaker DR applicant and I'd look like DR is my backup.


Anyone have any thoughts on this?
 
I don't think so. There are some programs that actually require you to apply to both (I believe UAMS?), which makes sense.
 
I misread the website. It says applicant MAY apply, not MUST apply

  • "Applicant may rank both DIRECT pathway and diagnostic radiology positions."