When are primary apps sent to schools in 2023?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc.Junior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea about when apps will be sent to med schools in the 2023 cycle (for folks who will be applying in spring of 2023)? Would like to know the exact day or at least week, so as to plan my schedule around it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just have aware that you don't get IIs by being first, you get them by being good.

Also be aware that apps are not processed in order of chronological receipt, either.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There is a lag of about 2-3 weeks between the first day you can pay the fee and submit your application and the first day that a data dump is made to each medical school. Then there is a lag of several days/weeks before you receive secondaries and then a third lag while those are being reviewed and decisions regarding interview invites are made.

What are you scheduling? Candle lighting? incantations?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
There is a lag of about 2-3 weeks between the first day you can pay the fee and submit your application and the first day that a data dump is made to each medical school. Then there is a lag of several days/weeks before you receive secondaries and then a third lag while those are being reviewed and decisions regarding interview invites are made.

What are you scheduling? Candle lighting? incantations?
Thank you, I'm scheduling the MCAT :) Want to test as late as possible. And yes, I know that people recommend you test early ;)

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, I'm scheduling the MCAT :) Want to test as late as possible. And yes, I know that people recommend you test early ;)
Do NOT take that exam until you are 100% ready. And do NO apply until you have the best possible app, even if it means skipping an app cycle. Med schools aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't properly prep for the MCAT and write your application at the same time. It just gets ugly. The little text box describing each activity is important and the essay (personal statement) is important. Don't rush this. Back in the day, the MCAT was offered in April and August. It still makes sense to take it in April or study all summer, take it in August, and apply the following spring.

Reactions: 1 users
Studying for the MCAT plus filling out AMCAS is a tough ask. Gap year is much more reasonable and will give you space for a retake if you really fumble on test day.

Reactions: 1 users