1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When are you applying?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Apparition, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

August MCAT takers?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. docjolly

docjolly On Cloud Nine, Once Again
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :horns:

I'll be applying during this summer :clap: :clap:

I'm so excited to be moving on with the next phase of my career :p
    But, in truth, I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed (even though I haven't taken my MCAT as of yet)..just thinking about completing the AMCAS application next month is actually making me a bit jittery..am I the only one who feels this way?

4. mkkelly

mkkelly Member
    5+ Year Member

I plan to start my personal statement after my finals and the application process also. Right now though all i can think about is getting my mcat scores and seeing that I have to retake them in august. Not really nervous to start the process but anxious and hopefull to proceed past the mcat phase of our pre-med life!

5. bigdan

bigdan SDN Donor
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    mk-
    Ditto. Seems you and I are on similar paths, at least to some degree...I had form CM on the MCAT too. And I did [email protected] on mine...

dc

6. mkkelly

mkkelly Member
    5+ Year Member

The sad thing is that everyone here is going to start appilcations and then we get our mcat scores :mad: Have you already graduated from college? if so we are in the same boat for sure. I graduated in 2002 from Unversity of Michigan with a BA in economics and returned to get into medical school. Its really going to be a downer if i f-uped on the mcats and have to wait another year to get in.

7. HooahDOc

Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Applying this summer, DO only; can't afford to do MD and DO. MCAT in August, starting HPSP stuff in August/September.

Oh yeah, I still need one more LOR.

8. pratik7

pratik7 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Is it possible to submit the amcas application for verification before deciding if you are gonna apply EDP. If not, can you submit without telling them what schools you are applying to ?

9. raom_dtpi

raom_dtpi Member
    7+ Year Member

Taking MCAT in August. Planning to apply this June, started requesting LORs and thinking about my personal statement.

I'll be taking Orgo in Fall/Spring (i.e after MCAT). I know that Aug MCAT kinda puts me behind and on top of that not having Orgo grade might affect my chances even more. I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and what are your thoughts.

Good Luck!
    Scout