When did you get verify from AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted and paid the 6/29 my transcripts were received 7/5 and I still haven't heard anything. The guy at AACOMAS said it would probably be in the next week or two.

Members don't see this ad.

hey, how long did it take them to receive your transcripts? mine were sent out 7/10 and it still says that they haven't received them...

just wondering if i should give them a call and see if i have to go spend another $10 to send them...

$10!!!!!! :eek:

Well mine were sent right before the 4th of July holiday on 6/28. My first one arived on 6/29 the rest were received on 7/5.

Members don't see this ad :)
tootsies! said:
hey, how long did it take them to receive your transcripts? mine were sent out 7/10 and it still says that they haven't received them...

just wondering if i should give them a call and see if i have to go spend another $10 to send them...

I would call AACOMAS and check. I had a problem with one of mine, they said they never recieved it so I had to resend. But check first, they just may have not posted them yet. The ones they did receive were posted within a week of my requesting them to be sent by the various schools.

tootsies! said:

I don't think AACOMAS (or whatever the heck they go by) works on the weekend so when you allow 3 days for the transcripts to get there you're only looking at them having the transcripts for 4 days if allow for the weekend in between. Anyway what I'm saying is don't panic yet...but calling them seems to have the opposite affect of AMCAS and TMDSAS and that is that AACOMAS puts you in the front of the line apparently.

I just wanna know who I have to bribe at AACOMAS to get my GPA calculated.

I've got all of my LORs ready, I WANT SECONDARIES!!!!!!!!!!!

calm down :) theres a loooong road ahead.

for the people in the first batch of apps, the verification process took about a week. for me it took about 3 weeks. for you guys i would expect it to take 4-5 weeks since the volume of apps certainly increases exponentially with time...

for those of you just just submitting the apps, it will probably take a month to get the gpas calculated and for the apps to be sent out. so hang in there!
(of course calling aacomas seems to help a lot, so keep doing that!)

cheers. :love:

Sorry I can't give exact dates on when I did stuff, but I just received my first secondary (woohoo!) via e-mail and so here are the dates AACOMAS received my stuff to hopefully give you guys some perspective.

GPA Calculations 07/07/2006
Transcripts 06/13/2006
Designations
Payments 05/29/2006

Also, as far as my Designations. There are two dates. Under "New" is 7/07 and then it seems they were "Revised" 7/15, this may be due to the fact of some of my summer grades, but I'm not sure what that status means.

Anyhow, good luck everybody!

tootsies! said:

Tootsies, I would wait a little bit...I found that they seemed to have a lag time between the time they received the transcript and the time they updated my transcript status. So for example, on July 18, they would update my application to show that they received a trancript on July 12, 2006. Weird...but that's the way they do it.

Hey nochi or drkuba---it looks like the 3 of us SDNers are all in the same boat in terms of application status/processing.

My GPA calcs came in on mon 7/17 and I want them to mail out our applications soon(I submitted 6/23 -file complete). I got an email back from a rep today and they said my appliation will go out in the next batch mailed!!! When is that??? They mentioned maybe later this week or by next monday at the latest on the phone.

Do either of you have any word on it?

Where is the science gpa on the completed apps? I just see it broken up into every subject along with the yearly and overall but I don't see a BCP gpa.

DRKUBA said:
Where is the science gpa on the completed apps? I just see it broken up into every subject along with the yearly and overall but I don't see a BCP gpa.
Its in the chart above. That's where it breaks your GPA down in terms of science and non-science.

Members don't see this ad :)
HemaOncoDoc said:
Its in the chart above that where it breaks it down in terms of science and non-science.

Thanks! For some reason I was only looking at the rows, not the columns. Now my #s are official = 3.243 OA 3.113 BCP 32 MCAT

DRKUBA said:
Thanks! For some reason I was only looking at the rows, not the columns. Now my #s are official = 3.243 OA 3.113 BCP 32 MCAT
No problem! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Oh I'm sure to see you on interviews. Best of luck dude.

They haven't processed mine either. All my transcripts were in by 6/5 and I sent in my application and paid on 6/30. They are so slow! I'm already interviewing for TCOM on 8/1. At the rate things are going with this AACOMAS application, they probably won't even have it processed before my interview!

DRKUBA said:
Anyone call and find out when the next batch is being sent?
Last I heard it was supposed to be the 19th or 20th (yesterday/today), but I didn't hear that firsthand and that was about 7-10 dys ago. Anybody got some hard info??

I really hope that it get sent today. My GPAs have been up since Monday 7/17--------Please send today or tomorrow AACOMAS!

I spoke with someone on Monday after my GPAs were up and they said MOST PROBABLY later this week( ie today or tomorrow) or latest by next Monday 24 July.

I tried calling AACOMAS just now and they haven;t been picking up the phone much since Monday...oh well...
But i did notice that someone here posted that their app was mailed on 7/15, which was last Saturday, so maybe our batch will be on 7/22-sat again???

My GPA was calculated today. I hope mine gets sent with all of you guys.

I called the other day, and they said it usually takes three weeks for them to verify after they have received your transcripts. I e-mailed them three times, and called once on the day my three weeks was up. A couple of hours later I was verified. The people at AACOMAS are actually friendly and quite helpful. Be persistant, and you should be rewarded :thumbup: .

dtrain5 said:
I called the other day, and they said it usually takes three weeks for them to verify after they have received your transcripts. I e-mailed them three times, and called once on the day my three weeks was up. A couple of hours later I was verified. The people at AACOMAS are actually friendly and quite helpful. Be persistant, and you should be rewarded :thumbup: .

Interesting...Maybe I should keep pestering them with e-mails too. I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and it took them nearly a whole week just to reply. Hopefully my application will get verified before the next batch of applications gets sent out.

I just had a question that related. I have decided to add another DO school to my list. I have not been varified or calculated yet, but my app. was send in on the 28th of June and transcripts were recieved on the 5th of July. Will adding more DO schools right now slow down the application process in any way? If so I do not want to do it. Does anyone know what this will do? Any suggestions?

Bluemirage said:
They haven't processed mine either. All my transcripts were in by 6/5 and I sent in my application and paid on 6/30. They are so slow! I'm already interviewing for TCOM on 8/1. At the rate things are going with this AACOMAS application, they probably won't even have it processed before my interview!

Wait, how did that happen? You got an interview without them seeing aacomas?? I've heard of getting secondaries before being verified, but an interview? You really need to explain this..... Thanks :)

laurenem said:
Wait, how did that happen? You got an interview without them seeing aacomas?? I've heard of getting secondaries before being verified, but an interview? You really need to explain this..... Thanks :)
Hey Lauren...nice to quick reply you again. Tag!

Some DO schools prescreen and send interview invites and secondaries at the same time. They expect you to finish the secondary before you actually interview. It's added pressure since the one for Western has a 30 day limit! I'm not sure about the process for TCOM, but that's what they do at COMP.

HemaOncoDoc said:
Hey Lauren...nice to quick reply you again. Tag!

Some DO schools prescreen and send interview invites and secondaries at the same time. They expect you to finish the secondary before you actually interview. It's added pressure since the one for Western has a 30 day limit! I'm not sure about the process for TCOM, but that's what they do at COMP.

haha, you again?? :)
ok getting the secondaries/interview at the same time kinda makes sense, but you can get an interview without being verified?? that's insane...I had no idea the schools had info on you (other than name and address) before being verified. Can you tell I spend more time on the MD forum than DO? :)
I'll trust you :) Thanks

laurenem said:
haha, you again?? :)
ok getting the secondaries/interview at the same time kinda makes sense, but you can get an interview without being verified?? that's insane...I had no idea the schools had info on you (other than name and address) before being verified. Can you tell I spend more time on the MD forum than DO? :)
I'll trust you :) Thanks
I spend more time on the MD forums too because it seems like the DO schools that I applied to screen like mad. I'm glad to have made it through Western's screen. Got to finish my secondary and set up an interview date. My first one...*gulp*

Yeah, getting an interview before being verified is kind of crazy...don't know what they are able to see before then. I know before some of the new schools sent acceptances solely based on the secondary. *No interview required* Now that's insanity :)

HemaOncoDoc said:
I spend more time on the MD forums too because it seems like the DO schools that I applied to screen like mad. I'm glad to have made it through Western's screen. Got to finish my secondary and set up an interview date. My first one...*gulp*

Yeah, getting an interview before being verified is kind of crazy...don't know what they are able to see before then. I know before some of the new schools sent acceptances solely based on the secondary. *No interview required* Now that's insanity :)

congrats!! DO stuff has been off my radar cuz I submitted my primary later than amcas (cutting my ps by 1000 characters took a week haha)... maybe I should put it back on my radar... :) Good luck w/ your interview!

laurenem said:
congrats!! DO stuff has been off my radar cuz I submitted my primary later than amcas (cutting my ps by 1000 characters took a week haha)... maybe I should put it back on my radar... :) Good luck w/ your interview!
Well, UMDNJ is available off the website for you to do. They don't screen. They don't tell you that, but I thought I'd give you the inside tip. :) Get those secondaries out!

HemaOncoDoc said:
Well, UMDNJ is available off the website for you to do. They don't screen. They don't tell you that, but I thought I'd give you the inside tip. :) Get those secondaries out!

Thanks! :)

When it says NEW on ur mailing status page and 7/22/06 I think that means med schools will be getting mail!!!!! WOOOOHOOO
Finally, But the date prob wont show up till monday on the main page.

Nochi, drkuba, others who also got GPAs calcd this week whats ur status under designations?

NEVERMIND. I DIDNT ACTUALLY CLICK ON DESIGNATIONS, I JUST NOTICED THERE WAS NO DATE NEXT TO IT ON THE MAIN PAGE. BUT I CLICKED AND IT SAYS 7/22/06 ADN NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

DRKUBA said:
NEVERMIND. I DIDNT ACTUALLY CLICK ON DESIGNATIONS, I JUST NOTICED THERE WAS NO DATE NEXT TO IT ON THE MAIN PAGE. BUT I CLICKED AND IT SAYS 7/22/06 ADN NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Congrats dude!

I just checked mine and status changed to new and sent date was 7/22/06. Good luck everyone. :)

Does any of you know how long does it take to get secondary after your application is processed?

It seemed like the first batch waited for a while, but I think it should be getting quicker to receive secondaries now. Some, like UMDNJSOM, are available on the websites and they told me it is ok to send it in even before aacomas is processed.

So for those of us whose status under designatiosn went to NEW today, how long will it take for the individual universities to respond and send secondaries?

How long was it last week for those sent on 7/15???

vmgopal said:
So for those of us whose status under designatiosn went to NEW today, how long will it take for the individual universities to respond and send secondaries?

How long was it last week for those sent on 7/15???

which batch are we anyway? 3rd or 4th?

I think those of us who went to NEW today(7/22) means that we were the 3rd batch to be mailed out.....was it:

1st batch: 7/9 ish
2nd batch: 7/15 ish
3rd batch: 7/22

anyone from earlier batches care to enlighten us if we are the 3 or 4 batch! and again how long did it take for the universities to respond with secondaries, was it the monday after?

DRKUBA said:
I'm sure I'm a little late but I'm in there with you guys as well. Good luck everybody!! :luck: :luck:

sorry guys, im outta the country and i didnt have internet the past few days.

i appreciate the love from drkuba and vmgopal, and i wish you guys the best of luck :)

oh btw... im new, 7/22 as well.... w00 h00! :) (but i still have to take the mcat... so i think you guys are on your own with the secondaries :( hehe, but please help me out later on those!)

---------

and for the person above who was wondering about texas schools interviewing before getting the aacomas, its because they dont use the aacomas :) they use their own app.

BREAKING NEWS!~BREAKING NEWS!~BREAKING NEWS!~BREAKING NEWS!~

So i just checked my AACOMAS for the 80th time today and there is a new box under STATUS called OFFICIAL MCAT SCORES
if I click I get a new window that confirms my April MCAT scores that I sent thru THx.

So for all us wondering if they really got them---they did as confirmed by phone calls but now its up there!!!

Good Luck!

vmgopal said:

So i just checked my AACOMAS for the 80th time today and there is a new box under STATUS called OFFICIAL MCAT SCORES
if I click I get a new window that confirms my April MCAT scores that I sent thru THx.

So for all us wondering if they really got them---they did as confirmed by phone calls but now its up there!!!

Good Luck!
Its weird, I have two mailing dates. lol

vmgopal said:

Good Luck!

Glad to have you checking for me! lol. Mine are up as well. I was wondering about those, lol. Thanks vmgopal!

gosh...this is my first time applying...

I had NO IDEA aacomas was so freakin' SLOW!!!

It's killing me...(takes deep breath)

I had no idea it would take them weeks and weeks to post my transcripts and everyday I keep checking the GPA calculator. (to no avail) :(

So, after the GPA is calaculated I still have to wait longer to be verified, THEN sent?

I'm so far behind, I think I'll give up for 07 and focus on 08.

How many schools pre-screen?

everything in on 6/29, gpa calculated today (7/25). Anyone know when the next mailing date is??

I submitted on 6/30 but due to a transcript problem my last transcript was not in until 7/12...no GPA calculation, nothing! My God, they take longer than AMCAS and I presume AMCAS has more applications to deal with! This is ridiculous....I thought I was applying early!

LilyMD said:
I submitted on 6/30 but due to a transcript problem my last transcript was not in until 7/12...no GPA calculation, nothing! My God, they take longer than AMCAS and I presume AMCAS has more applications to deal with! This is ridiculous....I thought I was applying early!

I hear ya...I'm in the same boat. I thought I was gonna be early too. Transcripts weren't all received till 7/12.

:(