When did you get verify from AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hopster said:
everything in on 6/29, gpa calculated today (7/25). Anyone know when the next mailing date is??

Today, I got a late email form AACOMAS( I had inquired last week when mine would be sent out) and they said they are sending out a batch on 7/25.

Members don't see this ad.

DRKUBA said:
Today, I got a late email form AACOMAS( I had inquired last week when mine would be sent out) and they said they are sending out a batch on 7/25.

awesome, thanks for the info

Everytime I call I get an answering machine is there anybody that has been able to talk to a real live person when they call?

I did when I called in June but now I cant get through and they dont call back.

Members don't see this ad :)
brookliner7 said:
gosh...this is my first time applying...

I had NO IDEA aacomas was so freakin' SLOW!!!

It's killing me...(takes deep breath)

I had no idea it would take them weeks and weeks to post my transcripts and everyday I keep checking the GPA calculator. (to no avail) :(

So, after the GPA is calaculated I still have to wait longer to be verified, THEN sent?

I'm so far behind, I think I'll give up for 07 and focus on 08.

How many schools pre-screen?

Don't give up on 07!!!!! You are not too late! I applied for 06 in February (of 06!!!!) and still got 2 interviews. You have time. You sound like you've already submitted so you're ok.
The only school I know for sure that pre-screens: TUCOM NV. I've heard their MCAT minimum is 23.

Good luck with your app this year! Remember, you're still early for 07, don't sweat it.

beachbunny said:
Don't give up on 07!!!!! You are not too late! I applied for 06 in February (of 06!!!!) and still got 2 interviews. You have time. You sound like you've already submitted so you're ok.
The only school I know for sure that pre-screens: TUCOM NV. I've heard their MCAT minimum is 23.

Good luck with your app this year! Remember, you're still early for 07, don't sweat it.

thanks for the encouragement!

I got 27 MCAT and haven't heard anything from them. :( oh well...I won't sweat it. :)

I grew up in Malborough Mass...how's the weather?

brookliner7 said:
thanks for the encouragement!

I got 27 MCAT and haven't heard anything from them. :( oh well...I won't sweat it. :)

I grew up in Malborough Mass...how's the weather?
Yeah, don't sweat it quite yet. You're still early in the process. :thumbup: for another Massachusetts native.

AlberttheGator said:
Everytime I call I get an answering machine is there anybody that has been able to talk to a real live person when they call?

I did when I called in June but now I cant get through and they dont call back.

I have had the same exact problem. I called at least 10 times yesterday and got the answering machine everytime. I am starting to think they just have the phones go straight to voice mail now.

w00t w00t mass :) gl to you guys!

DAMN im screwed! I just submitted my application over the weekend. I am probably in the "never to reach" batch :smuggrin:

and yea...philly ROCKS!! and nochi, srk quote!! awesome...but depressing...why do u have it???

so DRKUBA, NOCHI, and other fellow SDNers who went to NEW on 7/22,

I called LECOM-Erie b/c i had a question on their secondary (which you can fill out by hand if you downoad it from their website, now they have the 2007 version up). And LECOM admissions said she thought a batch of applications came in today and she other lady went to pick them up....something.....so maybe our arrived there today!!!

Anyhow she encouraged me to fill up the secondary and submit it to them even though another copy will come in the snail mail. Just thought Id let you know!!!

this is at July 27, 2006 @ 12:23AM

SP32-0.gif

they're taking pretty long to calculate my gpa. is this normal? should i check with them?

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I finally got my GPA calculated today!!!

I submitted and paid on 6/29, transcripts received 7/05, MCAT received on 7/25, GPA calculated 7/26.

Anybody know when the next batch is getting sent out?

Members don't see this ad :)
RPW said:
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I finally got my GPA calculated today!!!

I submitted and paid on 6/29, transcripts received 7/05, MCAT received on 7/25, GPA calculated 7/26.

Anybody know when the next batch is getting sent out?

I'm in the same boat as you. Can't wait for our apps to go out. I'm just sitting here, waiting on some secondaries that I started to fill out for some of my schools that I think i have a shot at. Anyone know the approximate time frame from delivery of primaries to the designated schools and delivery of secondaries. i know it varies on a school by school basis but a time frame would be good. Good luck to everyone again

I GOT MY FIRST DO email secondary invite! Its from CCOM!
I submitted 6/23--verified 7/17---mailed 7/22

vmgopal said:

I also got mine. They said that " Your academic credentials meet our
minimum requirements and you are eligible to move to the next phase of
the admissions process. " Good luck every one. Mine was verified on 7/22/06 :)

I got one from AZCOM. They all emphasize on getting letter from DO doctor. I dont have one. I will try to get one ASAP.

YEah I got the AZCOM one too! So exciting!

I just submitted my app yesterday. I had no choice though, I needed to wait until my foreign transcript was evaluated and mailed out. Didn't want to spend all the money just to have transcript issues. But it was mailed from the eval service on the 26, I got a copy of it yesterday, and another copy was sent to AACOMAS. Although it says they still haven't recieved it. I figure I'll give another couple days since the evaluation offices are also in NYC where I'm from.

Hopefully I'll get something. I have a solid GPA, my MCAT isn't too bad, although I did take it 3 times. So fingers crossed, it's not too late. Maybe people here are just way ahead of everyone else applying.

vmgopal said:

Yay for you!
Now I'm going - WTF?! I submitted 6/22 and still waiting for them to calculate my GPA for cryin' out loud! They had all my transcripts BEFORE I submitted!! Rgh....

This is like torture.. submitted June 28 ... then i get an email that the AACOMAS grade is suppose to be the actual grade and not approximate... I DON"T REMEMBER seeing that on the instructions. I looked at that sucker like a million times before and didn't see that explicitly. BAH! Now I have to wait for the THIRD batch to be sent. THIS SUCKS

I submitted everything on 7-5. GPA calculations and sent to schools on 7-29.

DPS319 said:

How did you get such a quick response? Did you call them right at three weeks and ask them to calculate your GPA? I really want to know because I would like to get my GPA calculated and sent out to schools. I would love to start working on those secondaries.

DPS319 said:

goddammit. i submitted/paid up on 7-9 and they have yet to calculate my gpa.

I HATE AAC:mad:MAS

Soccer885 said:
How did you get such a quick response? Did you call them right at three weeks and ask them to calculate your GPA? I really want to know because I would like to get my GPA calculated and sent out to schools. I would love to start working on those secondaries.

I spoke with them after I sent everything in b/c they did not have one of my transcripts recorded. Didnt ask anything about processing time, etc.

I submitted 7/3 and GPA calculated 7/26 and it says mailed on 7/29.

Marcia

musiclink213 said:
I just submitted my app yesterday. I had no choice though, I needed to wait until my foreign transcript was evaluated and mailed out. Didn't want to spend all the money just to have transcript issues. But it was mailed from the eval service on the 26, I got a copy of it yesterday, and another copy was sent to AACOMAS. Although it says they still haven't recieved it. I figure I'll give another couple days since the evaluation offices are also in NYC where I'm from.

Hopefully I'll get something. I have a solid GPA, my MCAT isn't too bad, although I did take it 3 times. So fingers crossed, it's not too late. Maybe people here are just way ahead of everyone else applying.

Hola! I was having a similar problem with my MO payment. i sent it on the 19th and they still haven't recieved it. They responded to my email friday to say they are experiencing a two week processing delay. If it had been more than two weeks, to call them back .. .

sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

n

me too...I submitted/paid 7/10, still no GPA calculation :( AMCAS (can't believe I'm saying this) is much more efficient.

cee said:

They also havent responded to my email yet. It was sent about a week ago. I feel that their computers are also much slower to update, aacomas's site told me they recieved my transcript on the 20th, but didnt update saying so till the 29th.

I submitted on the 14th of July. Transcripts weren't updated until the 28th. It still shows I'm missing one so I'm waiting for a phone call back. :(

cee said:

wahoo! i got calculated on 8-1. now i'm waiting to get mailed out.

I LOVE AAC:love:MAS

Paid on 6-30. Last Transcript on 7/12....and still waiting! No GPA calculation. Nothing. I've called and left a message and they never called back. Also, tried email but it appears that they will do their hardest to fit your question into the parameters of their form replys. So for example, if you ask a specific question about if they have a received your transcript, they will respond with a form answer about their "typical" processing time. So maddening!

cee said:

hopefully the rest of us will be right behind you! i submitted on 7-15...still no gpa calc :scared:

cee said:

Same here.

When do secondaries come in? I just left campus and I forgot to ask the prof. I do research for a LOR. I cant ask him until 8-18ish. Think that is too late?

And another question......Do you guys see anything for MCAT information?

silverpaw54 said:
Same here.

When do secondaries come in? I just left campus and I forgot to ask the prof. I do research for a LOR. I cant ask him until 8-18ish. Think that is too late?

And another question......Do you guys see anything for MCAT information?

ya, between "Designations" and "Transcripts" is "Official MCAT Scores" and they date that they received them. I released the scores to AACOMAS a long time ago.

you better get on that LOR, son. it'll take a while for them to write it.. for me, i used interfolio and collected LOR's as I went along. it was a beautiful thing.

I dont know anything about secondaries. my MCAT was supercrappy and i'm retaking on the 19th, so i dont know if i'll even get one-- but i think my score is good enough to at least get a secondary (but maybe not good enough for them to make an immediate decision on an invite). anyways, i think they email you or something

woah...
i havent taken the mcat yet, but i somehow was sent pcom and nsucom secondaries... w00 hoo!

AlberttheGator said:
Sent 7/10 verified today 8/02.... :D

Good, maybe I am next. Sent 7/11 so hopefully verified soon!

still waiting for verification, submitted since 06/26, only today it was posted to my account that my transcripts were recieved since 06/19!!!! :mad: after i paid to get 2 more of the same transcript sent because i thought it got lost in the mail!!

kiddingme said:
still waiting for verification, submitted since 06/26, only today it was posted to my account that my transcripts were recieved since 06/19!!!! :mad: after i paid to get 2 more of the same transcript sent because i thought it got lost in the mail!!

Man, that sucks! Best of luck to you! :luck:

So I sent my payment on 6/30 and gpa calculated on 7/25! Then I wrote an email asking when they will be sent out..and they said it was sent out YESTERDAY?!!!!?? But it doesn't say anything under designations! Are they lying to me?! Anyone else in this boat? Also, how do you know when the schools have been sent the information?

PleaseMiami said:
So I sent my payment on 6/30 and gpa calculated on 7/25! Then I wrote an email asking when they will be sent out..and they said it was sent out YESTERDAY?!!!!?? But it doesn't say anything under designations! Are they lying to me?! Anyone else in this boat? Also, how do you know when the schools have been sent the information?

Have you actually clicked the word designation? Mine did not say anything in the box on the main page, but when I click designation another box comes up with the dat it was mailed.

Marcia

for those of you who have an "Official MCAT score" on your AACOMAS application, you sent that MCAT score to AACOMAS via Thx system at aamc.org/mcat and logged in and selected release MCAT score to AACOMAS right? i did that on 07/24 but my MCAT score doesn't showup on my AACOMAS application for some reason. how long does it take to show up?

Mdil...Thanks...Ive been looking for how to do that! Yea mine says new! Hopefully everyone just sends me interview requests..I'm sick of these apps already...

Bengali...If you email them they do **** a lot quicker. Everytime I emailed them they would finish something then email me back. GL everyone!

BengaliDocIsl said:
for those of you who have an "Official MCAT score" on your AACOMAS application, you sent that MCAT score to AACOMAS via Thx system at aamc.org/mcat and logged in and selected release MCAT score to AACOMAS right? i did that on 07/24 but my MCAT score doesn't showup on my AACOMAS application for some reason. how long does it take to show up?

Yeah, I sent my scores thru the THx system and nothing has shown up for me. I emailed them questions, but nothing. I hope my application is not delayed because they haven't got my MCAT scores.

silverpaw54 said:
Yeah, I sent my scores thru the THx system and nothing has shown up for me. I emailed them questions, but nothing. I hope my application is not delayed because they haven't got my MCAT scores.

I am having the same problems as you guys...kinda worried about it. I checked the THX system and it says that it sent the scores on 7/3/06...but nothing has shown up on my aacomas section...

Can someone tell us if they have had the same problem or if their MCAT scores were put into the application after submission? Or does that come with the GPA calculations?

I saw that someone on 7/10 submission got verified today..congrats.