When did you see AD orders last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NavyCy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When did HPSP students get their AD orders last year? We are hoping to get settled in prior to internship, but we can't get a loan approved until I have orders back to AD. I'm curious when people started seeing orders last year or if anyone had any luck getting a loan approved prior to having orders. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

When did HPSP students get their AD orders last year? We are hoping to get settled in prior to internship, but we can't get a loan approved until I have orders back to AD. I'm curious when people started seeing orders last year or if anyone had any luck getting a loan approved prior to having orders. Thanks!
I don't remember when I received my orders, but once I did have them, the lender wanted more. They wanted numbers despite my ability to provide them based on the pay that can easily be found with google. My program coordinator drafted a letter stating that I was a resident of the program starting in July of that year and a calculated salary. Just a FYI that your orders may not be enough so you can plan accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I wondered about that too, but both USAA and Navy Federal say they just need to see orders and both deal with the military (and military transitions) routinely. Don't know who your lender was. Maybe it just depends on who you talk to. USAA in particular said they've had this situation before and the lady was certain that I could get approved with orders. Guess I'll find out in a few months.

I got my orders via email on April 9th this year. My Navy friends received theirs at the end of March