When do you begin putting in job apps for May grads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SoylentGreen

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am graduating this May and I know the job market is tougher and I would like to do what i can to ensure a job ready when I graduate. When do new grads typically begin the application process? I am looking at IHS, VA and various major chains for a community pharmacy job.

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i guess your not going to mid year...

If this is something to do with residencies, then no. I am not in a position to do a residency, so have not read about the process.

WVUPharm, You have a great hospital job still right? Unless you're interested in working a chain or IHS community pharmacy work, I doubt when or where I place an app will be relevant to you.

P.S. This is my wife's account. I guess she was logged in on her computer, sorry for the confusion of names.
 
I looked up midyear. It would have been a great opportunity, but unfortunately I can't make it. I am not allowed to miss clinical days. Are there other opportunities like this for which I could try to plan?

Thanks.

Also, WVUPharm2007, I was just searching around and saw some posts of yours concerning the job hunt. It's unnerving that you are having a time of it out there. You seem on-the-ball and passionate about hospital pharmacy. I wish you the best.