When do you find out the results for Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also in the same boat. Haven't heard anything since I was selected.
Yeah Im getting worried bc Ive been serving active duty long enough to know nothing is certain in the Army until you sign that contract.

Let’s keep each other posted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you let Penn know that you were selected? Im going to Penn too but I havent told them anything.
Now that I’m looking at it, I’m pretty sure the document I had them sign was just for my Ed Delay. So no, I haven’t informed them that I’ve been selected.

These are all things I’ve gathered through hearsay and stitching bits of info together. Please take the below with a huge grain of salt. If anyone has additional/better info, feel free to add/correct where you see fit. I’m sure everyone would love to know more.

Chances of deploying:
Army > Navy > Air Force
(Chances may be highest in the Army)

HSCP:
Only the Navy offers this scholarship

Payback for specialties:
I only know how the Navy handles this... concurrent payback for “in house” residencies. Consecutive payback for civilian residencies, assuming the residency is done before HPSP payback.

AEGD:
I believe completing an AEGD is required in the Air Force and Army. I think applying for an AEGD is required in the Navy - but I do not think you are required to complete it.

Availability of scholarships:
Navy > Army > Air Force
I think the Navy and Army are roughly equal on HPSP spots (~60), while the Air Force is much more difficult to get (~15 spots?). When we consider that the Navy is the only branch to have HSCP, it seems like the winner in my mind.
Sorry I'm new to this.
When you say chance of deployment is less, do you mean you can stay in your own city?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard more about Commissioning and/or about attending DCC/BOLC?

I swore in a couple weeks ago. Still waiting for orders to be cut. Haven't heard anything about attending DCC/BOLC. Since my school will be starting mid July I don't think I'll have time to do both prior to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard more about Commissioning and/or about attending DCC/BOLC?

I requested to go to DCC this summer from June 9 to July 20. I haven't heard anything back yet since I just requested this a few days ago. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Reactions: 1 users