When do you find out the results for Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhan17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know??

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know??
My recruiter said mid Feb. around Valentine's day. I'm antsy too for the results. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
My recruiter said mid Feb. around Valentine's day. I'm antsy too for the results. Good luck.

Good luck to you too! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Antsy doesn't even describe my mood any more. I need to know. This is almost more nerve racking than Dec. 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
My Army recruiter contacted me Wednesday Feb 7 and said board results expected between Friday Feb 9 and Wednesday Feb 14. My Army recruiter has done a great job of keeping me informed, so I feel confident it won't be long now.

For me, personally, it's not hard waiting because my Navy recruiter contacted me Wed Jan 31 to offer the Naval HPSP. If the Army doesn't offer - I will be OK, but IF the Army also offers me the HPSP - I will have to decide between the Army and Navy and that will be more pressure.

Anybody want to chime in on which branch is better to serve in as a dentist?​

Reactions: 1 users
My Army recruiter contacted me Wednesday Feb 7 and said board results expected between Friday Feb 9 and Wednesday Feb 14. My Army recruiter has done a great job of keeping me informed, so I feel confident it won't be long now.

For me, personally, it's not hard waiting because my Navy recruiter contacted me Wed Jan 31 to offer the Naval HPSP. If the Army doesn't offer - I will be OK, but .IF the Army also offers me the HPSP - I will have to decide between the Army and Navy and that will be more pressure.

Anybody want to chime in on which branch is better to serve in as a dentist?

Navy duhh

I've heard that the Navy is the best to serve in as a dentist

I've heard that the Navy is the best to serve in as a dentist

Can you share why? I’m interested in hearing the differences between branches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you share why? I’m interested in hearing the differences between branches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These are all things I’ve gathered through hearsay and stitching bits of info together. Please take the below with a huge grain of salt. If anyone has additional/better info, feel free to add/correct where you see fit. I’m sure everyone would love to know more.

Chances of deploying:
Army > Navy > Air Force
(Chances may be highest in the Army)

HSCP:
Only the Navy offers this scholarship

Payback for specialties:
I only know how the Navy handles this... concurrent payback for “in house” residencies. Consecutive payback for civilian residencies, assuming the residency is done before HPSP payback.

AEGD:
I believe completing an AEGD is required in the Air Force and Army. I think applying for an AEGD is required in the Navy - but I do not think you are required to complete it.

Availability of scholarships:
Navy > Army > Air Force
I think the Navy and Army are roughly equal on HPSP spots (~60), while the Air Force is much more difficult to get (~15 spots?). When we consider that the Navy is the only branch to have HSCP, it seems like the winner in my mind.

AEGD:
I believe completing an AEGD is required in the Air Force and Army. I think applying for an AEGD is required in the Navy - but I do not think you are required to complete it.
You must apply for the Army AEGD but you don't have to accept it.

I received an email today from my recruiter saying that I was selected.

I received an email today from my recruiter saying that I was selected.
What did the email say if you dont mind asking? Does it anything about getting your security clearance?

Members don't see this ad :)
What did the email say if you dont mind asking? Does it anything about getting your security clearance?
It says “Applicant [My Name] has the board results of Board Select on Feb 12, 2018.” I’m an ROTC cadet though so I already had to get a security clearance. Maybe that’s it?

My recruiter said the unofficial results did come out, but they aren't suppose to leak them. He said that the he is waiting until the results are finalized which should be by the end of the week to let his applicants know of their results. Good luck all!

Looks like the results of the selection board were posted on HRC Feb 8th.

so how many 4 year scholarships have there been in the last few years per year?

Payback for specialties:
I only know how the Navy handles this... concurrent payback for “in house” residencies. Consecutive payback for civilian residencies, assuming the residency is done before HPSP payback.
This applies to all branches. The guidance is coming from the DoD; the official name of the program is the AFHPSP.

Sink their bones to Davey Jones.

Is there any place to track progress or do we have to get info through our recruiter?

Is there any place to track progress or do we have to get info through our recruiter?
I don't think so. I have a friend that's a recruiter as well and he says they only get updates on the applicants they process. Also, I checked the Army's HRC site for Milper messages and there's nothing pertaining HPSP results. Hoped results would be posted last week but here's to next week.

I don't think so. I have a friend that's a recruiter as well and he says they only get updates on the applicants they process. Also, I checked the Army's HRC site for Milper messages and there's nothing pertaining HPSP results. Hoped results would be posted last week but here's to next week.

Thanks for the info. Here's to this week!

Informed of Army scholarship last Tuesday Feb. 13th by my recruiter. Paperwork such as school acceptance verification - etc - to begin on Friday the 16th - recruiter wants to get a jump on the formal notification.

As I said earlier if the Army offered - I would be deciding between the Navy (already offered) and the Army. Which ever way I decide will free up one scholarship.

Does anyone know how many HPSP dental scholarships are being awarded this year by each branch? Army? Navy? Air Force? I think I read in past years that it was 70 by the Army - 40 by the Navy - and 15 by the Air Force. Is that accurate?

Last edited:
I got a call on the 14th and an email just a couple days ago. The list is out but they are still waiting on the official memos to come down.

Call was just from my recruiter and email was to get my started on supplemental paperwork.

If you haven't heard back don't lose hope, I am prior service and knowing the Army you never know what can happen or change at any moment.

Good luck to all of you!

Does anyone know how many HPSP dental scholarships are being awarded this year by each branch? Army? Navy? Air Force?
I think I read in past years that it was 70 by the Army - 40 by the Navy - and 15 by the Air Force.
Is that even remotely accurate?

I was told that I have unofficially been selected(army dental), it even says "board select" in their software and I have received a letter addressed to me as "2nd lieutenant". However, the OFFICIAL results haven't been released yet I guess, so they cannot say for certain. I also am prior service Army, so it is not surprising to me that the order of events is as such. Just stand fast, keep your fingers crossed, and good luck to everyone!

Got the call today that the official results are out and that I was selected! I'm super excited!

Got the call today that the official results are out and that I was selected! I'm super excited!
That's so great, congratulations!

Got the good news today as well. Extremely thankful!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone! I got a call from my recruiter today too and he told me I was selected as well, but have to get something signed by the Secretay of the Army because Im an active soldier rn.

I also was selected. Looking forward to serving with you all!

Does anyone know how many HPSP dental scholarships are being awarded this year by each branch? Army? Navy? Air Force?
I think I read in past years that it was 70 by the Army - 40 by the Navy - and 15 by the Air Force.
Is that even remotely accurate?
For the Army, I believe 65

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Two questions for you:

1) Did you guys submit your dental school acceptances before getting accepted for the HPSP?
2) Are they going to have another round of HPSP acceptances?? I had applied in the fall for the HPSP, got accepted into my school last week, and sent my acceptance to my recruiter.

1) Did you guys submit your dental school acceptances before getting accepted for the HPSP?
2) Are they going to have another round of HPSP acceptances?? I had applied in the fall for the HPSP, got accepted into my school last week, and sent my acceptance to my recruiter.
1) Yes, sent right away in Dec and it was submitted with my packet .
2) No idea, someone else needs to answer this.

1) Yes, as soon as I heard back on Dec 1
2) I believe Army holds only 1 board. This year was 65 scholarships. From my understanding, those that weren't selected for the 4 year are put on an order of merit list (wait-list). Not too sure though. Since you are late for the Army board, I suggest looking into the Navy which holds boards every month. The Air Force also holds a yearly board, but I heard the next one isn't until July. For more accurate info, I would reach out to recruiters from each branch.

1) Yes, as soon as I heard back on Dec 1
2) I believe Army holds only 1 board. This year was 65 scholarships. From my understanding, those that weren't selected for the 4 year are put on an order of merit list (wait-list). Not too sure though. Since you are late for the Army board, I suggest looking into the Navy which holds boards every month. The Air Force also holds a yearly board, but I heard the next one isn't until July. For more accurate info, I would reach out to recruiters from each branch.

I’m pretty sure the Navy only had 1 board this year. However, I do know of someone that wasn’t originally selected, but was informed of their selection at a later date. This could mean that they got off a waitlist, similar to the one you described for the Army.

I’m pretty sure the Navy only had 1 board this year. However, I do know of someone that wasn’t originally selected, but was informed of their selection at a later date. This could mean that they got off a waitlist, similar to the one you described for the Army.
Well I sure hope not. I'm working with the Navy recruiter now and my packet will be submitted for the April 1st board.

Well I sure hope not. I'm working with the Navy recruiter now and my packet will be submitted for the April 1st board.

Oh, well in that case, good luck and Go Navy!!

Has anyone already sworn in and signed all the paper work? I got accepted but then they required some more signatures from above, so Ive been just waiting ever since.

Has anyone already sworn in and signed all the paper work? I got accepted but then they required some more signatures from above, so Ive been just waiting ever since.
Same

Also in the same boat. Haven't heard anything since I was selected.

What did they say? My packet required a signature from the Secretary of Defense
I had to send Penn a document asking them to confirm that I was accepted there. I then had to send that document to my HRA at my current university to "move forward" with the process. To be honest, I have no idea where I'm at within the timeline of actually signing paperwork and commissioning.

I had to send Penn a document asking them to confirm that I was accepted there. I then had to send that document to my HRA at my current university to "move forward" with the process. To be honest, I have no idea where I'm at within the timeline of actually signing paperwork and commissioning.
Did you let Penn know that you were selected? Im going to Penn too but I havent told them anything.