When do you plan on quitting your job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When do you plan on quitting your job?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • June

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • July

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Filibuster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you are planning on taking some time off before school begins?

Members don't see this ad.

1st week of May here. I need a few months to work on the house before we move. Gotta get it in shape to sell (I'm in the middle of some remodeling projects). I realize putting it on the market in summer is a little late, but oh well.

God knows I would love to quit today!!! Really hate the people I work for. Actually put in my 2 weeks notice a few weeks ago, but they practically looked they were going to cry, and talked me into reconsidering. I did, but going day by day for now. Oh, well! It's money, and Lord knows I won't be seeing too much of that for the next 4 years.

I'm the operations manager for a regional ambulance company, by the way. Looking at leaving for good after the 1st week in July. Take about a month to myself, relax and decompress before jumping into med school. One thing working in this field has taught me is that I don't really want to specialize in emergency medicine. I suppose that's pretty important to know, especially since it's so glamorized on television.

Only 3 months to go. Only 3 months to go. This is my new mantra.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last week of augest (1 weekend before school begins) is when I quit my current job as a software developer

I need all the money I can get, because once school starts. I woun't have a job from september2007 till june 2008 (full time school + need high GPA + full science load classes)

I plan on working until orientation starts the 2nd week in August.

Hopefully I will have my house sold by the end of July, and if I do, I might quit sooner than that, but I really need my company's portion of health insurance paid as long as possible.

Probably August. I love my job and I need the money, so I'm going to keep it as long as I can.

Haven't decided yet.
Maybe end of May, part time through June?
I'm hoping to travel and relax some through July. Lots of family and friend time, lots of getting organized and moved... I have a feeling I'm going to miss avaliable time over the next four years.

Oh yeah, lots of beer too. :thumbup:

While I could take a few weeks off before school and do some travelling, that would mean having less fat stored up for the financial hibernation up ahead. So, my boring, responsible side has beaten my free-wheeling, fun-loving side into a vegetative state and this ultimately means that I'll be working right up until orientation in late August.

How many of you are planning on taking some time off before school begins?

I've been working full time+ for the last 3 years while taking post-bacc classes and dealing with application stuff, with only 1 week of vacation when my sister got married last summer. I think I need a month to move and de-stress before throwing myself into it all over again in school. July 1st is my last day, then a month of moving and bumming around before school. What do people do when they're not working? I really can't remember...:oops:

I have to find a job before I can quit :rolleyes:

Haven't totally decided yet.
Need the money but haven't had a vacation in 6 years, either...

I respect those I work with enough to give adequate notice (so, I'll probably be saying something on Monday). When are the rest of you actually giving notice?

I, too, need July to travel, sell the house, pack, blah blah. Since my husband and my anniversary is at the end of June, I might conveniently take off the last week of June, too, to spend with him.