When is someone going to wise up...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phathead

Future World Drug Lord
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
... and realize stuff like this is a kick in the crotch to what pharmacists do?

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/he...ies-begins-program-of-free-diabetes-medicines

Giant Eagle. Yeah, not surprised there. Those damned Yinzers will be the death of us all. They've been doling out free antibiotics for a while.

See people, this is why we need to wipe Pittsburgh off of the face of the Earth.

It's also what happens when you start whoring out your profession to loss leader corporations.

At least some patients that otherwise can't afford their meds can get them. (And in this part of the country, those certainly exist.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"What? I have to pay for my Januvia? The ad said diabetes meds were free! I'm not paying $100 for a box of test strips either! Aww, this is BS, I'm going to another pharmacy."

It's also what happens when you start whoring out your profession to loss leader corporations.
.)

Maybe we should write some thank you letters:

thank you giant eagle, now on my way to Aldi(or someother grocery store) I can swing by your drive through and get my free antibiotics and diabetes meds without having to step foot into your store!

And knowing what I do about diabetics and compliance, they probably won't take them anyway. :thumbdown:

Maybe they should make Lorcaserin free instead....

I have seen patients come to the drive thru in SUV's with their stomachs on the steering wheel, while eating a pizza on one hand and drinking a extra large soda on the other. They are doing this while picking up over a dozen diabetes medication, and they think giving them free meds will make them diet/exercise?

I thought that was funny too. Can't remember the last time I saw anyone on that.

I saw a few chlorpropamide orders at the hospital where I worked until recently, but the last actual prescription I dispensed for it was about 10 years ago, and it was for a dog.