Quantcast

When is the earliest osteopathic medical schools can give an acceptance?

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkas

MD C/O 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two weeks after an interview? BCOM was sending out invites the day of last year.

banuS

Reaction score
Have 2 interview dates that I can pick from for a school. Need to know if it's important to pick the soonest one.

harkas

MD C/O 2022
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have 2 interview dates that I can pick from for a school. Need to know if it's important to pick the soonest one.

Sooner better than later for sure but if it's a top choice put it off and do at least one interview beforehand.

austintr

5000 candles in the wind
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it's somewhere you really wanna go, try and interview somewhere else first. This will help take the edge off and kind of let you experience the process before you really wanna make a good impression. If you're gonna blow an interview, it'll likely be the first one you attend.

I still don't see what the two interview dates has to do with your original question though. If you're talking about interviews a couple of weeks apart, it's no big deal. If a school has a spot open this week and a spot open in May with nothing in between, it matters. Although that's obviously not the case.

MADD!!!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year I think ACOM sent out the first acceptances. It was either late August or early September. Super super early, loll

allantois

Conversation Starter
7+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    AACOMAS does not establish a specific date for DO schools.

DecisionTime2017

Reaction score
    Looking to last year's BCOM thread and assuming the policy holds, I'd say late August.

femmegoblue

2+ Year Member
    Reaction score
    ACOM gave out acceptances on the 15th of August last year.

Reactions: 1 user