when should I submit my primary application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inside_edition

Waitlisted Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking the mcat this june. is it a good idea to submit my application before I retake the mcat?

is there a box saying that i'm retaking the mcat in june or will checking that box delay my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, submit on June 4th.

You should open up the application and start working on it, NOW. There is a place to indicate when you are taking the MCAT. AMCAS will approve your application and send it to med schools. Med schools will wait till your scores come in to evaluate your application.

Good luck :D

Generally the sooner you send it, the better chances you have to get a quicker reply and be looked at before a lot of the other competition gets in there and takes seats. So yeah, send the primary asap, retake the mcat. However, apply broadly since you don't know what your mcat will be like. Make sure that if you do well the top tier schools get apps, and if you don't do as well (I hope you do well of course), then some of the lesser top tier schools get apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
See my blog link in my signature. About a week ago I wrote a lengthy response to a similar question.

Send it as soon as possible. If there is one thing that I regret about this whole process it is not sending it earlier.
Good luck to you
Albert Einstein or Wake Forest or UCLA/Charles Drew class of 2011