When should I take the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uvapremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm a 4th year at UVa, studying bio and french. I was hoping to take the MCAT in May (am still signed up) but haven't been studying enough (I'm taking a full course load and doing research). My GPA isn't great (3.5) so I know I need to do really well on the MCAT. I'm still hoping to apply during the 2016-2017 cycle. If I get my applications in in June, when is the latest that I can afford to take the MCAT (June, July, August) and still have a chance to get in this cycle?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took my MCAT in September and was accepted to several schools with no problem. I wouldn't recommend taking it that late but any time in summer months will be fine.

Hi guys,
I'm a 4th year at UVa, studying bio and french. I was hoping to take the MCAT in May (am still signed up) but haven't been studying enough (I'm taking a full course load and doing research). My GPA isn't great (3.5) so I know I need to do really well on the MCAT. I'm still hoping to apply during the 2016-2017 cycle. If I get my applications in in June, when is the latest that I can afford to take the MCAT (June, July, August) and still have a chance to get in this cycle?
Thanks!
I took my MCAT mid June and did fine with a few acceptances and about 5 interviews this cycle (including both MD and DO). Keep in mind that whenever you take your MCAT you won't receive your score until a month afterwards, and your application won't be considered complete for review until you get those scores back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile