Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings all,
I am currently enrolled in the TPR Hyperlearning online course which is set to go from 10/23/11 to 1/22/2012. I want to sign up for one of the January MCAT test dates (either 1/27/2012 or 1/28/2012) but I'm wondering if I'm not giving myself enough time between the end of the course and the MCAT to be fully prepared. FWIW, I've been out of college for 2 years and I'm currently unemployed 🙁 so I have time to study hard-core for the next couple of months at least, but I really REALLY want to get a high MCAT score since I'm Asian and from CA and it'll probably be really hard for me to get into med school. My undergrad GPA is solid (3.96 at a good school) but I don't have any extracurriculars such as shadowing or clinical experience yet. I'm not aiming for Harvard or Stanford, but I'd like to get into a US med school at the least and I just want to match into internal medicine/family practice, so I don't really care what med school I go to (research vs primary care focus) as long as it's in the U.S.
What should I do? Should I take the MCAT at the end of January or wait until the end of March? My only concern is that I might not be able to study as much as I like if I get a full-time job soon and I might forget material that I learned from the TPR course between the end of January and beginning of March. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
rootcanalz
I am currently enrolled in the TPR Hyperlearning online course which is set to go from 10/23/11 to 1/22/2012. I want to sign up for one of the January MCAT test dates (either 1/27/2012 or 1/28/2012) but I'm wondering if I'm not giving myself enough time between the end of the course and the MCAT to be fully prepared. FWIW, I've been out of college for 2 years and I'm currently unemployed 🙁 so I have time to study hard-core for the next couple of months at least, but I really REALLY want to get a high MCAT score since I'm Asian and from CA and it'll probably be really hard for me to get into med school. My undergrad GPA is solid (3.96 at a good school) but I don't have any extracurriculars such as shadowing or clinical experience yet. I'm not aiming for Harvard or Stanford, but I'd like to get into a US med school at the least and I just want to match into internal medicine/family practice, so I don't really care what med school I go to (research vs primary care focus) as long as it's in the U.S.
What should I do? Should I take the MCAT at the end of January or wait until the end of March? My only concern is that I might not be able to study as much as I like if I get a full-time job soon and I might forget material that I learned from the TPR course between the end of January and beginning of March. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
rootcanalz