when should I try renegotiating my aid package?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jiggs

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when should I send that email asking for more of that sweet, sweet scholarship money? Or should it be a phone call? should I have sent it yesterday, to be the early bird? should I wait until later in april, when more people have withdrawn and left money on the table? should I just forget about it and make peace with my new student loan gods? aidez-moi, disembodied avatars of sdn, aidez-moi!
 
Everyone wants scholarship money and medical schools know that. You don't need to ask for it. If you have a better financial offer from another school (preferably a peer school) then you might have a case, but without that there is really not incentive on their part to give you more money.
 
I'm waiting for one of my schools to, hopefully, send me that scholarship letter. I already drafted a letter asking another school for moolah.