when should I try renegotiating my aid package?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiggs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
when should I send that email asking for more of that sweet, sweet scholarship money? Or should it be a phone call? should I have sent it yesterday, to be the early bird? should I wait until later in april, when more people have withdrawn and left money on the table? should I just forget about it and make peace with my new student loan gods? aidez-moi, disembodied avatars of sdn, aidez-moi!

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone wants scholarship money and medical schools know that. You don't need to ask for it. If you have a better financial offer from another school (preferably a peer school) then you might have a case, but without that there is really not incentive on their part to give you more money.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm waiting for one of my schools to, hopefully, send me that scholarship letter. I already drafted a letter asking another school for moolah.

I'm waiting for one of my schools to, hopefully, send me that scholarship letter. I already drafted a letter asking another school for moolah.
Who did you send the letter to? Drafting mine now hehe