When should you start turning down interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unitedspirit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats:

GPA: 3.75
DAT: 25
Felt like I had good PS, recs, and interviews so far: a few schools high on my list used very positive language in terms of my chances of getting in (also one of the schools has a high interviewee acceptance rate)

Should I start canceling pre-December interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

But what if the ones you turn down are actually those you would've lead to an acceptance? It is possible to be rejected from all of the interviews you do attend, which would most likely be due to personality issues rather than stats issues. But as sjv said, with those stats I think it's pretty safe to turn down some to schools you wouldn't really attend anyways. Best of luck to you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait until December you don't know how interviews is going on, you might have a hard interview for one of your top choices

Reactions: 1 user
With your stats, I would stop after 4-5 interviews. No point in wasting money with schools you don't see yourself at.

Reactions: 2 users
With your stats, I would stop after 4-5 interviews. No point in wasting money with schools you don't see yourself at.
+1. Exactly what I was thinking. Go to the highest ones on your list - any more than 5 and I think you are wasting money.