When to apply for Fall 09 SMP, Georgetown etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gx255

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd Semester of 3rd junior undergrad. I'd like to apply for Fall 09 SMP. When should I apply? Is it rolling admissions like Medical Schools?
I'm really interested in 1yr SMP's. Get in, Get out, Get the Job done, Go to medical school.

I read somewhere that Taking SMP at Georgetown, courses are with MD Students. Therefore, graduating from Georgetown SMP and attending Georgetown MD Program, I won't be required to retake courses I've taken from SMP, is that true?
Also What other SMP's does that (no-need to retake courses from smp in MD program)?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on my 2nd Semester of 3rd junior undergrad. I'd like to apply for Fall 09 SMP. When should I apply? Is it rolling admissions like Medical Schools?
I'm really interested in 1yr SMP's. Get in, Get out, Get the Job done, Go to medical school.

I read somewhere that Taking SMP at Georgetown, courses are with MD Students. Therefore, graduating from Georgetown SMP and attending Georgetown MD Program, I won't be required to retake courses I've taken from SMP, is that true?
Also What other SMP's does that (no-need to retake courses from smp in MD program)?

This year, Georgetown's application became available the December before the entrance year into the SMP. Since you want to enter Fall 2009, you can first submit your app starting December 2008. Also, yes, it is rolling admissions, and applying earlier will help.

I believe most other SMPs start accepting apps in January, some won't start reviewing until Feb though, so it depends on the program.

Georgetown Med will allow you to be exempt from retaking courses if you took them during the SMP. I'm not sure which other SMP's do that as well. Hope that helps!

I am also looking to enter in Fall 2009.

I would be taking the MCAT in January 09.
Do you advise applying early in December, submitting everything but an MCAT score and then once thats in send it to them?

Or do I wait for everything to come in and then submit my app?

I am also looking to enter in Fall 2009.

I would be taking the MCAT in January 09.
Do you advise applying early in December, submitting everything but an MCAT score and then once thats in send it to them?

Or do I wait for everything to come in and then submit my app?

I'd just submit everything early so they can mark you as pretty much complete. Then just take the MCAT and send them the scores. It'll take a month or so before they mark you as complete, so if you have everything already in when you send your MCAT scores, they can start reviewing your file immediately.