When to incorporate AAMC material into study plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naivePremed

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I got access to the question pack 1, Online Practice Questions from The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam, section banks, along with the sample and the two scored FLs. I am planning to take the MCAT at the end of April. I am currently doing content review.
My question is, when you should I start incorporating this material into my study plan? I am thinking of saving the scored exams until later on, but what about the rest of the material? When should I start working on them?
Any tips/advice will be much appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best strategy is to incorporate them as you go. It's helpful to get the question style down and pick up the content along the way. If I were you, I'd do as many questions as possible, and then review them and see where your weaknesses are content-wise. The scored exams you could probably save for a month or two before, once you feel more solid on the content, but I think the content is secondary to answering questions.

I agree. I think you should start off with an AAMC practice test, see what you're weaknesses are, study those weaknesses for a week or two, take another one, and repeat.

I agree. I think you should start off with an AAMC practice test, see what you're weaknesses are, study those weaknesses for a week or two, take another one, and repeat.

I respectfully disagree, I think the AAMC resources are the most valuable since they are known indicators of actual MCAT performance. I'd recommend doing the qpacks first (with CARS last), then the section banks, then the questions from the guide, then the sample exam followed by FL#1 and FL#2. That way the qpacks serve as content review/reminders of where your weaknesses are and you don't burn a whole test by using the sample test (though it is unscored).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I got access to the question pack 1, Online Practice Questions from The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam, section banks, along with the sample and the two scored FLs. I am planning to take the MCAT at the end of April. I am currently doing content review.
My question is, when you should I start incorporating this material into my study plan? I am thinking of saving the scored exams until later on, but what about the rest of the material? When should I start working on them?
Any tips/advice will be much appreciated, thank you!
what are you using for content review??