when to stop scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When to stop scrambling? After Thursday?

If lucky enough, get a position verbally, shall I stop scrambling? Or keep going until I get a paper contract?

What to happen if I have two (so lucky enough today!)? I read somewhere that APDirector says it is not violation.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you get a verbal offer, it should be followed up by a contract via fax machine within a few minutes. When scrambling, I usually give people 30 minutes to get a signed contract back to me. Otherwise, I offer the spot to someone else. Remember that nothing is final until you have a signed contract.

If you get a verbal offer, have them fax you a contract, sign it as it comes out of the fax machine, and fax it back. Make sure you ask them for their "private" fax number, their public fax number will be continuously busy with scramble faxes.

Don't wait for a second offer -- take the first that comes.

I'm helping a buddy of mine scramble today. We haven't been able to find him a position yet. Do PDs and such go home for the day at 5 or 6 or do they stay there till they fill their program? Just want to know how long we need to keep at this.

Most go home at 6 or so. Scrambling is miserable from your end, and it's exhausting from our end. You can keep trying to call, but I would assume that your success rate will drop dramatically after 5PM.

Most go home at 6 or so. Scrambling is miserable from your end, and it's exhausting from our end. You can keep trying to call, but I would assume that your success rate will drop dramatically after 5PM.

Indeed, I was lucky enough to match but this has been hell for my friend.