This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I have been studying for the DAT on and off since december but started full time studying for it in january. My scores were around a 16-17 for most the subjects. After one month all my scores have gone up Bio highest 24, Orgo highest 23, Math highest 20, GC highest 19, RC highest 21, and PAT highest 18. However, my PAT scores have not been going up as much as I hoped. My general chemistry can improve i just need to study more. I have been practicing the PAT daily with the crack dat software and DATbootcamp. Now I am realizing that I am starting to get burnt out and tired all the time. Losing a lot of motivation because of the discouraging scores on PAT. Should I just take the exam or power through it and study one more month?
If anyone else was in this spot before please advice me on how to handle this, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep studying. Take the test when you are confident you will do well. You might be feeling burnt out but I guarantee your competition is powering through and working hard to take possible seats from you.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Kobe,

First of all, great name. Now in terms of the burnout, I think its important that you have become aware of this. Most of the time, students do not even realize that they have reached this state of apathy. Simply recognizing it like you have is a great first step. My suggestion would be this:

Continue to practice leading up to your exam because practice is the only way to improve, BUT! I would highly recommend you to take a day or two off and just spend time doing something that you enjoy, whether its hitting the gym, catching up on a Netflix series, or re-watching the 2010 Western Conference Finals against Phoenix. In reality, the old adage of 'practice makes perfect', should actually be '[good] practice makes perfect' because practice for the sake of practicing is sometimes more detrimental than beneficial.

So although I agree with Appalachian in that you must stay hungry for great DAT marks, I think you must first rejuvenate your mind and prime it for efficient and effective practice/studying which can only be attained by giving the mind the much needed rest and relaxation it needs.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you improve your scores so quickly. What methods did you use

Are you speaking to me? If so I thought I wasn’t making enough progress. I use DAT boot camp for 99% of the studying. I used Kaplan to do content review. I started dat destroyer at one point but dat boot camp has been a huge help for me.

Hello everyone, so I have been studying for the DAT on and off since december but started full time studying for it in january. My scores were around a 16-17 for most the subjects. After one month all my scores have gone up Bio highest 24, Orgo highest 23, Math highest 20, GC highest 19, RC highest 21, and PAT highest 18. However, my PAT scores have not been going up as much as I hoped. My general chemistry can improve i just need to study more. I have been practicing the PAT daily with the crack dat software and DATbootcamp. Now I am realizing that I am starting to get burnt out and tired all the time. Losing a lot of motivation because of the discouraging scores on PAT. Should I just take the exam or power through it and study one more month?
If anyone else was in this spot before please advice me on how to handle this, thank you.

Wow how'd you go up from 16-17 to 23ish with just one month?! I'm using Bootcamp too but there's absolutely no way you can do that in a month from that score...

Wow how'd you go up from 16-17 to 23ish with just one month?! I'm using Bootcamp too but there's absolutely no way you can do that in a month from that score...
Hey, so i just checked my dat bootcamp and I already had a 20 on the biology and 21 on the organic chemistry. The RC comprehension i only took one test 2 weeks ago and it was a 20. But my GC was 16 and QR was 17. I was just estimating my scores when I first wrote the post.

Hey, so i just checked my dat bootcamp and I already had a 20 on the biology and 21 on the organic chemistry. The RC comprehension i only took one test 2 weeks ago and it was a 20. But my GC was 16 and QR was 17. I was just estimating my scores when I first wrote the post.
Oh okay, that's more believable. I've been practicing with the patbooster generators recently and I found them to be more useful than the Bootcamp generators so you might want to try those out. I think they're all free except the keyhole generator.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh okay, that's more believable. I've been practicing with the patbooster generators recently and I found them to be more useful than the Bootcamp generators so you might want to try those out. I think they're all free except the keyhole generator.
Yeah sorry I should have been more specfic didnt give it much thought. But I have been doing so much PAT practice lately its very discouraging how slow my score is going up. But i didnt know about Patbooster website, so Ill give that a try, thanks