When to take last practice test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EricMont

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many days before the test day should I take AAMC 11? I'm taking the January 29th test.

Members don't see this ad.

How many days before the test day should I take AAMC 11? I'm taking the January 29th test.

There will be other opinions out there, and I'm sure there are LOTS of successful test-takers that didn't do this, but I recommend to all my students to NOT take a full-length within the 7 days before the exam.

During that time, you CAN be working on mini-tests, quizzes, stuff that like that.

What tends to happen if you take a FL close to your Test Date is that you become overwhelmingly anxious about your eventual score and you actually undermine your ability to do well on that particular test. Then...if you get a poor score you might freak out and rush to take another FL when you're un-rested and upset, and it's just not a good thing.

I like my students to avoid this...so they don't do FL in their last week. :thumbup: