When to take pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

FinPreMed2020

Hey everyone!

I'm planning my next semester's schedule and I was wondering when to take all the pre-reqs. As of right now, I would take the physics with calculus series in my senior year (currently a sophomore) and all the other pre-reqs would've been taken by then.

Do the schools require or secretly prefer students who have completed all the pre-req courses prior to applying/interview or is it common to take some of the classes during your senior year which with traditional students is the time for interviews? I.e. do they look at your application workload wise and determine it is not completed if there is a class or two (in my case physics) that a student still needs to take?

I know that pre-reqs help for mcat but I'm talking about their completion dates' effect on granting an interview etc.

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I'm planning my next semester's schedule and I was wondering when to take all the pre-reqs. As of right now, I would take the physics with calculus series in my senior year (currently a sophomore) and all the other pre-reqs would've been taken by then.

Do the schools require or secretly prefer students who have completed all the pre-req courses prior to applying/interview or is it common to take some of the classes during your senior year which with traditional students is the time for interviews? I.e. do they look at your application workload wise and determine it is not completed if there is a class or two (in my case physics) that a student still needs to take?

I know that pre-reqs help for mcat but I'm talking about their completion dates' effect on granting an interview etc.

Thank you very much!
You'll need the prereqs prior to matriculation. It should be noted however that you should 100% have your prereqs done before taking the MCAT. However, that's not to say that people haven't done well on their MCAT without them.

Reactions: 1 user