When to take science classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njurkovi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given that the application process starts 1 year prior to admission to DPT program, is it ill-advised to take some of the science pre-reqs in year 4 of the BS program? (not a bulk of them but let's say 2)
How is that looked upon by admission officials?

Members don't see this ad.

Given that the application process starts 1 year prior to admission to DPT program, is it ill-advised to take some of the science pre-reqs in year 4 of the BS program? (not a bulk of them but let's say 2)
Doesn't matter. Some schools require your prerequisites to be completed within the last 5-10 years - just keep that in mind.

They don't look at it negatively, but many schools have limits as to have many pre-reqs you can have unfinished at the time you're applying

Members don't see this ad :)
I am correct to assume that 2 pre-reqs taken in the 4th year wouldn't be too many? (especially if they are physics, rather than bio/chem)

I am correct to assume that 2 pre-reqs taken in the 4th year wouldn't be too many? (especially if they are physics, rather than bio/chem)
it's totally fine!

Some schools have a cap on how many hard sciences you can take at a time per semester....which is honestly for your own sanity. So just don't attempt doing, say, physics, bio, and chem all the same semester - even if they do allow you to, it is not going to be a fun time and you'll dig yourself into a GPA hole that would be very difficult to get out of.

Oh, and also look at the sequencing. Some schools only offer, say, physics 1 every spring, physics 2 every fall, things like that. They aren't always offered every semester and they aren't always sequenced fall first spring second.