Quantcast

When to take the CASPer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aayz345

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So I have the option of taking the CASPer either on June 13th or July 7th. I'm still working on my primary and Personal statement and plan to submit before June 15. Currently working full-time and would have to take PTO in order to take the June 13th test. Most importantly, I don't want to compromise the quality of my primary app at the expense of studying for the CASPer. Is it better to take it ASAP? Or will July 7th not make much of a difference?

chlorocruorin

Reaction score
June 13th, there’s literally no studying for the CASPer. Your app is not considered complete for most schools that require CASPer until they actually receive and process the score which takes ~3-5 weeks

aayz345

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read about some people that studied on some site on UWashington. Is there really no studying needed for CASPer?

ElloMellowYellow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took CASPer on June 2nd. I looked through the WashU bioethics thing, and I don't get why people recommend it.

I think the main thing that will help you for CASPer is reflecting on when you were upset with people + why+what you and the other person could have done better.

Its mostly about interpersonal issues and communication.

Reactions: 1 user

aayz345

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took CASPer on June 2nd. I looked through the WashU bioethics thing, and I don't get why people recommend it.

I think the main thing that will help you for CASPer is reflecting on when you were upset with people + why+what you and the other person could have done better.

Its mostly about interpersonal issues and communication.

Thanks. About how much should you expect to write for each response?

Jungkookie

Reaction score
Take it when you feel the most ready, since you only have one chance at it!

Seihai

The dog is always the real hero.
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
An addendum: interestingly, my CASPer was scored and supposedly sent to my schools five days after my exam on June 13th. It could be that they've accelerated the grading process and that a later CASPer may not be an application delayer, but that remains to be seen with future test dates (it could also be that there just were very few people taking it on my test date).

An addendum: interestingly, my CASPer was scored and supposedly sent to my schools five days after my exam on June 13th. It could be that they've accelerated the grading process and that a later CASPer may not be an application delayer, but that remains to be seen with future test dates (it could also be that there just were very few people taking it on my test date).
Oh, you missed out on our little SDN pow wow with fellow June 13thers

Seihai

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh, you missed out on our little SDN pow wow with fellow June 13thers

Sadly I was a bit busy last week, but that sounds interesting. Did most people who took it 6/13 get their scores out already?

Sadly I was a bit busy last week, but that sounds interesting. Did most people who took it 6/13 get their scores out already?
I just checked mine and apparently mine have been graded. Didn’t receive an email, but yup done.

Seihai

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked mine and apparently mine have been graded. Didn’t receive an email, but yup done.

Yeah, they don't send emails for notifying you. I only found out mine were graded when I went to add some more schools to the list and saw that all the scores had already been sent to the ones I previously marked.

Reactions: 1 user