When to worry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDoogie4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

When is the right time to start worrying about your application? I just recieved an interview at NOVA on 12/16. That is the only school I have heard so far. I also applied to Ohio U, PCOM, DMU, UNECOM, and will send my application to CCOM and UHS. I have looked at the stats at USNEWS.edu and feel comfortable about getting in. However, I just need the interview. Is anyone else stressed as I am? Thanks and GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!! Hope to see all of you in med school!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Doogie - I wouldn't worry, yet. January-february is when schools make huge amounts of cuts and when the majority of interviews are offered. It also depends when your applications were complete at the schools you've applied to. If they're in early, the interviews are earlier. For example, my files were complete at CCOM, KCOM, DMU, and AZCOM by Oct. 15th. I have interviews scheduled for Nov. 22nd (CCOM), Nov.25th (KCOM), and Dec. 6th (DMU), and haven't heard from AZCOM, yet. However, that CCOM one was a fluke. It was supposed to be in January, but since I live an hour away, they asked if I wanted to do it then instead. (Like they had to ask!) Also, consider when the holiday breaks are. Committees don't meet during holiday weeks which puts your application further back timewise.

Anyway - good luck and sit tight for a while yet. The hardest part of medical school is getting in.