When will ASCP In Person CME Events Resume.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an inside scoop on when ASCP will resume their in person CME courses? I like their 4 or 5 day courses in cities around the US and Canada and usually looked for one in an interesting city. There is still nothing up for Spring 2022 yet.

USCAP has had some interesting international destinations recently. I may sign up for one of those.

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing for ASCP typical in-person events. Anyone with insight know if they will have any fall or winter courses?

I see they are offering some "Immersive" experiences now---however, these don't really appeal to me:

Also, I guess they are having their regular Annual Meeting too in Chicago in September (free onsite registration for ASCP Members) but I was thinking more of their 4 or 5 day courses on a particular topic like HemePath or GYN path. I've found those really useful and they are often in desirable locations. Years ago in the late '00s, they used to do a Weekend In Pathology series in various cities (Friday, Friday night dinner lecture, Saturday, and maybe Sunday morning too).

Last edited:
ASCP Pathology Update is now back! Scheduled for June and November in Chicago and Nashville. I hope their organ/topic specific conferences return soon too.

LIVE EDUCATION EVENTS ARE BACK!

I just received a flying stating the above today from ASCP. There is a breast course and a GU course scheduled next spring, in addition to the Pathology Update and annual meeting.