when will schools tell you that you are rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicslover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i applied late in the cycle (late january) and I am not too confident in my stats, but I have not heard anything back from any school yet. :S Will they tell you that they have rejected you? Or will they just wait till the very last day to tell you that you have not been considered? How long do they conduct the interviews for? ( i applied to SUNY, ICO, SALUS and New england). Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Well it's been 4 weeks approx, so you could probably call them and see what's up. I applied back in mid October and got my earliest rejection about 5 weeks later. Soooo maybe wait a week and THEN call. :p

Optomcas sent my apps out February 3 and I applied to NECO, ICO, UIWSO, and UMSL and I missed the UMSL deadline, but have had the other 3 respond telling my they want interviews. So I have 3 interviews scheduled in March. I think it's an appropriate time to call the schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait really? I applied to UMSL feb 14 and I got an interview. Are you sure...?

Wait really? I applied to UMSL feb 14 and I got an interview. Are you sure...?

Haha, that's what I thought. Maybe I just didn't get an interview. I know it's a really small class size. I live in Illinois 20 minutes from St. Louis so I wasn't really looking to go there anyways. Good luck. It's in a scary part of town, but 2 of my friends go there and love it. Just lock your doors. But that's true for a lot of the big city schools :).

hey, i applied late in the cycle (late january) and I am not too confident in my stats, but I have not heard anything back from any school yet. :S Will they tell you that they have rejected you? Or will they just wait till the very last day to tell you that you have not been considered? How long do they conduct the interviews for? ( i applied to SUNY, ICO, SALUS and New england). Thanks in advance for the help!

I sent in my optomcas application for ICO, Salus, and NECO back in November and got an interview in Dec for Salus. For ICO, it was 3 months before I got a rejection letter, and for NECO, I still haven't heard back so they may be one of the schools that waits until the very end of the cycle. I sent in my application for SUNY in January and got an interview a week later. It really depends on the school. It doesn't hurt to call. ;)

You'll know you've been rejected when the UPS man leaves a flaming bag of poo on your doorstep with a copy of your application stapled to it, knocks on the door and runs away.

I sent in my optomcas application for ICO, Salus, and NECO back in November and got an interview in Dec for Salus. For ICO, it was 3 months before I got a rejection letter, and for NECO, I still haven't heard back so they may be one of the schools that waits until the very end of the cycle. I sent in my application for SUNY in January and got an interview a week later. It really depends on the school. It doesn't hurt to call. ;)

I sent my app for NECO in on feb 4 and got a letter via snail mail asking for an interview last monday.