WHEN WILL THE AGONY END. No IIs, 6-8+ weeks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great writers can turn a routine trip to Wal-Mart into a literary orgasm.

Its not about your experience, its about how you write them. Seriously, good writers can make anything sound awesome.

...and adcoms see right through that. that trip to wal-mart is still a trip to wal-mart no matter how wonderful the writing. you can make filing paperwork sound epic, but they still know that all you did was file paperwork. your PS can be a work of literary genius, but if you fail to give adequate reasons why you want to be a doctor, it's a waste of space. it's what you do, not how you write it. you just need to write coherently and FTLOG avoid cliches. a great writer can definitely make the PS more interesting and less boring of a read, but it's not necessary and not a huge deal. it's definitely not going to change a lackluster list of experiences into something wonderful.

Members don't see this ad.

It definitely takes a certain kind of skill to market yourself, your experiences, etc in a unique and positive way, and not sound like a jerk.

It's hard.

I don't think we should separate one from another. Great writing in itself can be assumed to include a cohesive story with pattern of logical thinking and deep personal reflections.

I don't think we should separate one from another. Great writing in itself can be assumed to include a cohesive story with pattern of logical thinking and deep personal reflections.

I disagree. Writing good self-serving/autobiographical work will naturally require a different set of skills than writing good work in another genre.