When will the gravy train end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would like to know which 2 year degrees start at 170-200k?

CAAs, that is a 4+2 (bachelors + 2 years of schooling), but the post as in reference to pharmacy which is 4 years. CRNA is similar (still less schooling than pharmacy, and most are earning 200-240 on average with a couple of years of experience, but 180-200 out of school is the typical salary). Both are very competitive (CAA requires taking the MCAT). However, there are various other degrees with just 2 years out of HS (particularly the tech degrees, especially if travel techs), that do 120/yr easily which is an insane ROI since no debt and minimal schooling. At first i was skeptical, but after researching it and talking to a bunch of people with those degrees, including program directors and seeing their sheets, it’s the real deal.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I deeply resemble this remark! :cool: I am 62 yo Pharmacist. Currently working @ large Regional Medical Center. The whole staff here are in their late 20s to early 40s. A great bunch of young'uns! I can still work circles around them. No one needs to pick up my slack.
And, I always remind them to keep working hard and fund my SS benefits, which I will access in 5 years, and they never will 30 years down the line.
They all love this factoid.
Although, I can appreciate the fact that my cognitive skills have declined and find it much harder to absorb new information/technology. Then again, I have forgotten more chit, than any young pharmacist has learned in their short career, several times over.
I am NEVER tardy, haven't called out in over 10-15 years. A few years back I woke up on a Saturday with severe, stabbing pain. Wife drove me to our ER. Figured it was Kidney stones, passed them, went back home, showered and showed up for my shift the same day!
Worked as travel pharmacist at a Covid only hospital in South Georgia, and never missed a day or hour of work in 2 years.
Another stereotype I find even more appropriate is, younger folk have poor work ethics, no loyalty, and very little appreciation for the job. I see this every day at work. Showing up late, calling out multiple times.

This is a great work ethic and remarkable, but they will replace you if it became even slightly convenient or they can get one of these youngins to do it for less (you might even be surprised some of them earning more than you despite their lack of work principles). This is the culture these days and why people are upset and leaving the profession entirely, especially with pharmacy where they are just happy to have someone with a license. These companies treat (pharmacist) employees (for the most part), the same way they treat the OGs who are more qualified and have more experience.

Reactions: 1 user
CAAs, that is a 4+2 (bachelors + 2 years of schooling), but the post as in reference to pharmacy which is 4 years. CRNA is similar (still less schooling than pharmacy, and most are earning 200-240 on average with a couple of years of experience, but 180-200 out of school is the typical salary). Both are very competitive (CAA requires taking the MCAT). However, there are various other degrees with just 2 years out of HS (particularly the tech degrees, especially if travel techs), that do 120/yr easily which is an insane ROI since no debt and minimal schooling. At first i was skeptical, but after researching it and talking to a bunch of people with those degrees, including program directors and seeing their sheets, it’s the real deal.
Ah CAA & CRNA ! These professions has been around since the 1960s-1970s. They are pretty much the same as PA & NP. CAA is created by "probably greedy" anesthesiologists who don't want to hire more doctors to handle their workload hehe. However CAA can only practice in ~17 states (mostly in the south or in the midwest)? Why ? Because there are enough anesthesiologists living on the coast already hehe. CAA is like the anesthesiologists' pet. They totally control how many can get licensed and where they can work. CRNA is much more independent and they can practice in 50 states. However, anesthesiologists also has a lot of influence on where CRNA can work. True, CAA & CRNA can make 200k+ annually but they have nothing to do with my gravy train hehe (and the same for those trade/tech job that make 120k+ with minimal schooling)

Members don't see this ad :)
Delusion at it’s finest, folks.

More and more 2 year programs are coming out with starting salaries of 100k, and i’m not talking about 4+2 programs, i’m talking about 2 years out of HS. Why would there be a demand for pharmacy? Applications have decreased by 50%+ since 2017, current pharmacists are flocking by thousands, and technology is already in place for the day where there’s no (dull) people trying to get into pharmacy.

Also, if the rumors are true from the person who works up at CVS, CVS is already testing having pharmacies with no pharmacist onsite (yes, i’m aware that cannot be currently done but that doesn’t mean anything or that it can’t be done).

I don’t know which part of the country you are in or how long you’ve been a pharmacist, but there is a serious disconnect between facts and wishful thinking. If your post is meant to be sarcastic, please disregard.
Your argument is weird! Less people wanting to become pharmacists doesn't mean the pharmacy profession will go away. People are already able to get their drugs without setting foot in a retail pharmacy for years (but they still need pharmacists to dispend the drugs). Your "CVS pharmacy with no pharmacists onsite" is pretty much another version of mail-order pharmacy. Yes, a lot more of retail RPh will lose their jobs. However there will be more jobs at mail order or central-fill pharmacy. Just like I said, the gravy train is currently very crowded and not everyone is happy with the gravy they get. Some train carts will be remodeled to have less seats. However it doesn't mean the gravy train will stop running.
I don't know which part of the country you are in or how long you have been a pharmacist or if you are ever a pharmacist, but there is a serious lack of knowledge about the pharmacy profession.

exactly - when I was in my 20's I worked a crap load of OT and honestly I just spent most of it on stupid things (like an ex-wife).
I saw a doctor I used to work with who had a stroke and had significant physical limitations- he worked until he was mid 60's - I mean, he was ain a super high $$ speciality, I guarantee you if he had a decent financuial plan he didn't need to work that long- and now doesn't get to full enjoy retirement,
Everything in moderation. I worked a chit load of OT, often had two jobs, so my wife could be with our kids, and still does/is. Kept the first wife, divorce would have wiped me out with alimony and child support X3. She is way too good for me (out-kicked my coverage). I tell my divorced friends: I still pay alimony and child support, AND they still live with me!
For every story of someone who worked hard and died before they enjoyed their retirement money, I will give you 10, who outlived their retirement cash and died destitute on SS and charity. I would rather be in the first group, how about you?
My buddies dad, a well respected OB-Gyn, divorced first wife after 3 kids and 30 yrs. Married the nanny who was the same age as my buddy. She then pushed out 5 baby girls, took him for all he had left. He had to keep on working, at the end at the Bureau of Prisons at the age of 85. Didn't get to enjoy his retirement. He is now destitute at age 93, divorce X 2, trumps any decent financial plan!

Everything in moderation. I worked a chit load of OT, often had two jobs, so my wife could be with our kids, and still does/is. Kept the first wife, divorce would have wiped me out with alimony and child support X3. She is way too good for me (out-kicked my coverage). I tell my divorced friends: I still pay alimony and child support, AND they still live with me!
For every story of someone who worked hard and died before they enjoyed their retirement money, I will give you 10, who outlived their retirement cash and died destitute on SS and charity. I would rather be in the first group, how about you?
My buddies dad, a well respected OB-Gyn, divorced first wife after 3 kids and 30 yrs. Married the nanny who was the same age as my buddy. She then pushed out 5 baby girls, took him for all he had left. He had to keep on working, at the end at the Bureau of Prisons at the age of 85. Didn't get to enjoy his retirement. He is now destitute at age 93, divorce X 2, trumps any decent financial plan!

Don't have 5 babies with the home wrecker after the first 3. Noted.

Reactions: 4 users
Your argument is weird! Less people wanting to become pharmacists doesn't mean the pharmacy profession will go away. People are already able to get their drugs without setting foot in a retail pharmacy for years (but they still need pharmacists to dispend the drugs). Your "CVS pharmacy with no pharmacists onsite" is pretty much another version of mail-order pharmacy. Yes, a lot more of retail RPh will lose their jobs. However there will be more jobs at mail order or central-fill pharmacy. Just like I said, the gravy train is currently very crowded and not everyone is happy with the gravy they get. Some train carts will be remodeled to have less seats. However it doesn't mean the gravy train will stop running.
I don't know which part of the country you are in or how long you have been a pharmacist or if you are ever a pharmacist, but there is a serious lack of knowledge about the pharmacy profession.

They've been saying "no pharmacist on site" for years. Wasn't Walgreens supposed to have no pharmacists in the pharmacy like 15 years ago? I still see them inside working the bench.

They've been saying "no pharmacist on site" for years. Wasn't Walgreens supposed to have no pharmacists in the pharmacy like 15 years ago? I still see them inside working the bench.
I remember someone posted this to twitter during the pandemic. It makes sense they would try it in Idaho first.

goal.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The point is that you want to have a claim on the system. Even if we get the Weimar treatment, holding assets was not as good as claims. You want both assets and a claim if you can, but between the two, a claim is usually better.

You mean like working for a place that offers pension? Sorry sometimes I just feel so thick

Yeah some people like to see the $$$ accumulate in their bank accounts I guess. Imagine having millions and driving your used Hyundai Elantra for Uber Eats in your free time LoL.

It's a lifestyle that many far east Asians are used to (which I think Momus is originally from). I am ok living that lifestyle but even then I won't even come close to even half of what he is able to do. Granted I am obliged to be my parents' walking retirement plan but still I find it impressive that someone can pull it off without having any specialized skills or professional positions (that I know of). Yes I know the man is very smart and financially savvy and all.

Back to the original topic, for me at least I have always worked in indy so low pay and no benefits, so even if pharmacy goes downhill it probably ain't too far from what I am experiencing now. It's neve been a gravy train to begin with, I just don't think I can last another 30 years

More and more 2 year programs are coming out with starting salaries of 100k, and i’m not talking about 4+2 programs, i’m talking about 2 years out of HS

CAAs, that is a 4+2 (bachelors + 2 years of schooling), but the post as in reference to pharmacy which is 4 years. CRNA is similar (still less schooling than pharmacy, and most are earning 200-240 on average with a couple of years of experience, but 180-200 out of school is the typical salary).

So a 4+2 program that you specifically said you weren't talking about? Moreover, one that's fairly geographically restricted? Doesn't CRNA require some pretty competitive critical care RN experience?

Maybe it's a personal pet peeve but I really hate when people talk down about the ROI for a PharmD using cherry picked examples of atypical careers. There are plenty of ways to make your case without doing so.

My guess is that you are talking about nursing... It was temporary. The $$$ is drying up now for them.

Not nursing, see my other post, nursing never started at 170k (although they were earning as much during COVID and some still).

So a 4+2 program that you specifically said you weren't talking about? Moreover, one that's fairly geographically restricted? Doesn't CRNA require some pretty competitive critical care RN experience?

Maybe it's a personal pet peeve but I really hate when people talk down about the ROI for a PharmD using cherry picked examples of atypical careers. There are plenty of ways to make your case without doing so.

First things first, “my” pet peeve is people quoting 2 different posts, and using what i said in one to claim it was meant for both. If you look at my posts, i specifically mention 2 years out of high school jobs starting at 100k, and the other post clearly talks about a different option, that’s 180-200k out of school, and specifically states the career.

Second, we all know no one needs to “talk down” pharmacy’s ROI as none really exists and hasn’t existed for a long time, especially not with alternatives available. There is a reason it was ranked worst career in healthcare for years and years, worst job prospects, etc.

Third, these are just some examples that alternatives exist, doesn’t matter if they’re cherry picked (they aren’t), and who cares if they’re adjacent or not as geographically widespread as pharmacy? Do you want to go into a saturated market off the bat, or a growing one that you make 2x as much with half the schooling and half the opportunity cost? Don’t pharmacists move cross country already just to find a job to make 50/hr? Oh wait…

Reactions: 2 users
You mean like working for a place that offers pension? Sorry sometimes I just feel so thick
No, not necessarily. It's more that you have a claim on capital, so a pension is one way to do it. Being a landlord where you collect rents off of payers is another. Being part of a firm where you draw an equity share is yet another. You can't depend just on your own work, but the way you go about developing a continuing claim on the system is based on what your risk appetite is.

There was a faculty member at Minnesota, Darwin Zaske, who actually had a double pension that was quite fat from being a County and Uni employee and had it pumped up due to the rules regarding OT counting on pensions (MN and the Twin Cities had to revise their pension rules due to the pharmacists far exceeding their high 3 prior to retirement), but he made his 8 digits by being one of the Twin Cities most notorious slumlords where he would specifically buy run down Section 8 properties, get the government to pay the bill, and do as little maintenance as possible and hire lawyers to fight both cities for that privilege (lawyer fees < maintenance bills apparently). It was said that he was able to recruit from his patient population, which was neither illegal, nor a conflict of interest even today as Stark doesn't address non-health care business. He had multiple claims on the system, and that was from whom I learned that idea from. Unfortunately referring to @mentos comment, he didn't take care of himself and died early in his 50s intestate without a clear inheritor. I also learned from his example that it doesn't matter as you can't take it with you, so I do enjoy what I have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Within pharmacy the good outcomes are very cherry picked too. How many pharmacists have a good outcome after taking into account everything? Maybe 20% of pharmacists?

First things first, “my” pet peeve is people quoting 2 different posts, and using what i said in one to claim it was meant for both. If you look at my posts, i specifically mention 2 years out of high school jobs starting at 100k, and the other post clearly talks about a different option, that’s 180-200k out of school, and specifically states the career.
Did you mention specific degrees/jobs that actually use a 2 year (post high school) degree? If so, my bad but the closest I've noticed is a vague "tech degrees."

Within pharmacy the good outcomes are very cherry picked too. How many pharmacists have a good outcome after taking into account everything? Maybe 20% of pharmacists?
That's kind of my point. Don't cherry pick for or against.

People in retail need to get into a ****ing union ASAP.

1199 union (my union for example), let's say the hospital eliminates the pharmacist position, they have to move me to any other position available (even if it's burger flipper) for the same pay that I was getting as a pharmacist.

Hey, I deeply resemble this remark! :cool: I am 62 yo Pharmacist. Currently working @ large Regional Medical Center. The whole staff here are in their late 20s to early 40s. A great bunch of young'uns! I can still work circles around them. No one needs to pick up my slack.
And, I always remind them to keep working hard and fund my SS benefits, which I will access in 5 years, and they never will 30 years down the line.
They all love this factoid.
Although, I can appreciate the fact that my cognitive skills have declined and find it much harder to absorb new information/technology. Then again, I have forgotten more chit, than any young pharmacist has learned in their short career, several times over.
I am NEVER tardy, haven't called out in over 10-15 years. A few years back I woke up on a Saturday with severe, stabbing pain. Wife drove me to our ER. Figured it was Kidney stones, passed them, went back home, showered and showed up for my shift the same day!
Worked as travel pharmacist at a Covid only hospital in South Georgia, and never missed a day or hour of work in 2 years.
Another stereotype I find even more appropriate is, younger folk have poor work ethics, no loyalty, and very little appreciation for the job. I see this every day at work. Showing up late, calling out multiple times.

Sick time is meant to be used. They don't pay out sick time for not using it at my hospital, so definitely gonna call out for any little sniffle that me, my wife, or kids have.

People in retail need to get into a ****ing union ASAP.

1199 union (my union for example), let's say the hospital eliminates the pharmacist position, they have to move me to any other position available (even if it's burger flipper) for the same pay that I was getting as a pharmacist.
It doesn't work that way. Ask around 1199 when New York United closed, and you'll get some real evasive answers. It's a promise that SEIU won't be able to keep when it counts. Most of the hospitals in NY have gotten wise to the union and figure out some constructive termination method if they want to get rid of someone (in your case, drug testing).

• Haha
It doesn't work that way. Ask around 1199 when New York United closed, and you'll get some real evasive answers. It's a promise that SEIU won't be able to keep when it counts. Most of the hospitals in NY have gotten wise to the union and figure out some constructive termination method if they want to get rid of someone (in your case, drug testing).

They don't piss test for no reason. They gotta show history of narcs going missing or someone thinking employee is high at work.

Sick time is meant to be used. They don't pay out sick time for not using it at my hospital, so definitely gonna call out for any little sniffle that me, my wife, or kids have.
Hey, more power to you. Get all your sick pay. But it's been over 20yrs since any major employer called it "sick" time. Most places, its PTO.
What I was doing was pointing out the differences between us, baby boomers (57-75yo) and you guys, GenXrs (41-56yo), or even worse the entitled Millennials (25-40yo). Very different work ethics and loyalties. Just stereotypes. No judgement zone here, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I wonder how long before technology becomes saturated. Everyone and their grandma wants to major in computer science. Schools are enrolling record number of students who want to get BS in computer science.

It’s the only career where you can start making $100k right after undergrad. But how long can this last? It reminds me of golden days of pharmacy.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, more power to you. Get all your sick pay. But it's been over 20yrs since any major employer called it "sick" time. Most places, its PTO.
What I was doing was pointing out the differences between us, baby boomers (57-75yo) and you guys, GenXrs (41-56yo), or even worse the entitled Millennials (25-40yo). Very different work ethics and loyalties. Just stereotypes. No judgement zone here, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

The state of MA calls it sick time. It's not the same as PTO.

I agree. Most millennials work multiple jobs (or side hustles) for much lower pay and our work ethic is much stronger (on average) than previous generations. We are far more exploited to boot - houses cost more, education costs more, everything costs more. It’s nice to have someone recognize that fact.

Reactions: 7 users

It’s always the new people coming in, lol.

Remember when Gen X were “slackers” and millennials “lived in their parents’ basements with no ambition?”

Now it’s gen z “quiet quitters” hahah, wonder what’s next.

I agree. Most millennials work multiple jobs (or side hustles) for much lower pay and our work ethic is much stronger (on average) than previous generations. We are far more exploited to boot - houses cost more, education costs more, everything costs more. It’s nice to have someone recognize that fact.
I have two sons who are millennials, I appreciate how much of a struggle they have to deal with. It's a shame what we, the Baby Boomers, have left as our legacy. I have to apologize on behalf of all Boomers.

Last edited:
  • Haha

That's weird.
We have a whole bunch of categories, vacation time (4 weeks a year), sick time (12 days a year), holiday time (5 days a year) , personal time (4 days a year) , bereavement time (3 days per family member death).

Boomers used to be rewarded by the company for loyalty.

Nowadays, it is financially better to jump ship every 3-4 years. I was hired at my hospital in 2019 with 7 years exp. I found out I was making $70/hr base when a co-worker who was hired in 2012 (as a newgrad) was only making $64/hour base. We both graduated in 2012 so now we have the same experience. They did not give him annual raises as reward for experience gain. When the pharmacy joined the union this year, my base pay went up from $71/hr to $75/hr and his base pay went up from $64/hr to $75/hr because we are on an equal footing experience wise.

Last edited:
We're already at Gen z "rage applying" to better jobs

What the hell is rage applying?

Is that the same as mass applying to jobs because everything is an online system and you can never really talk to anyone?

Yah I totally did that after residency.

If not, then I’m old and all this new slang is sus.

That's weird.
We have a whole bunch of categories, vacation time (4 weeks a year), sick time (12 days a year), holiday time (5 days a year) , personal time (4 days a year) , bereavement time (3 days per family member death).

Boomers used to be rewarded by the company for loyalty.

Nowadays, it is financially better to jump ship every 3-4 years. I was hired at my hospital in 2019 with 7 years exp. I found out I was making $70/hr base when a co-worker who was hired in 2012 (as a newgrad) was only making $64/hour base. We both graduated in 2012 so now we have the same experience. They did not give him annual raises as reward for experience gain. When the pharmacy joined the union this year, my base pay went up from $71/hr to $75/hr and his base pay went up from $64/hr to $75/hr because we are on an equal footing experience wise.
Sorry, I have limited experience with Pharmacy practice outside of Georgia. I love the "whole bunch of categories" , No chance of unions here in the south. We have had major Corporations, move into the state because of the anti-union stance. I have had 9 Jobs in 37 years, Always moved for more money, but word of caution, you kind of age out of new employment, better hold on to a job as you get into your late 50's and 60's.

Pharmacist pay and work conditions have gone downhill since 2005 or so. Sure there are the occasional high paying unicorn jobs in CA and similar places that offer annual raises to keep up with inflation, but those are the exception not the rule. For the most part pharmacist pay has been stagnant for the past ten years or so especially compared to inflation these past few years. The pandemic created some opportunities for high pay but that was a black swan event.

All basic expenses like insurance, property taxes, childcare, car maintenance, groceries, gas, utilities, etc have gone up significantly in just two years with no end in sight. My electric and gas bills have doubled from a year ago with the same amount of use. Each year our salaries will die by a thousand cuts.

The bean counters will do everything they can to decrease pharmacists pay. Technician responsibilities will increase, hours will be cut etc. Pharmacists will reach a breaking point when work conditions and low pay just aren't worth it anymore.

I'm gonna be working another 30 years or so and I can't imagine my pay holding up for very long. How much longer do we have until the gravy train stops? I can see myself looking for another career within ten years due to stagnant or declining pay.

There are remote workers doing 2-3 full time jobs simultaneously, each job pays 200k+. I wish we had that opportunity.
I'm going to try to learn some coding, SQL, python, etc. in the future in hopes of getting a remote job doing something else. Do you have plans?

I'm proud to be an entitled millennial. My generation has learned that nothing is given to us. We have to go out there and take it. The loyalties taught to us by the boomer generation were veneers hiding a disgusting work culture.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm proud to be an entitled millennial. My generation has learned that nothing is given to us. We have to go out there and take it. The loyalties taught to us by the boomer generation were veneers hiding a disgusting work culture.

Every boomer on my street has a vacation home in the Cape, New Hampshire, Maine etc. They bought their primary homes and vacation homes and investment properties for nothing. Only half of millennials can afford one home these days

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I have two sons who are millennials, I appreciate how much of a struggle they have to deal with. It's a shame what we, the Baby Boomers, have left as our legacy. I have to apologize on behalf of all Boomers.
Speak for yourself.

Every boomer on my street has a vacation home in the Cape, New Hampshire, Maine etc. They bought their primary homes and vacation homes and investment properties for nothing. Only half of millennials can afford one home these days
That just tells me you live in a wealthy neighborhood.

I am hoping for the housing market to crash both here and Europe so I can buy my vacation home in France (very close to the Switzerland border).

What the hell is rage applying?

Is that the same as mass applying to jobs because everything is an online system and you can never really talk to anyone?

Yah I totally did that after residency.

If not, then I’m old and all this new slang is sus.
Basically, I think. My understanding is it's just mass applying to jobs because it's easy with everything being online. Rage coming from current ****ty boss/conditions/pay/etc

That just tells me you live in a wealthy neighborhood.

I am hoping for the housing market to crash both here and Europe so I can buy my vacation home in France (very close to the Switzerland border).

Yep, the type of houses I'm looking at (3000 sq ft, 5 bed, 3 bath, w finished basement and garage new constructions in Nassau County, specifically in Jericho, Syosset, Hicksville, Manhasset Hills pretty much the top school districts are all going for around $1.3 million, I'm hoping these drop to below $1 million by next year).

They don't piss test for no reason. They gotta show history of narcs going missing or someone thinking employee is high at work.

I’d love to know how hard you think it is for someone in management to think you’re high at work if they really want to believe really hard to think you’re high at work.

Stereotypes for sure. I’m sorry but Gen Z is on another level in terms of lack of work ethics…like seriously Why TF can they never show up when they are suppose to and constantly changing their schedules, priorities?

They are an absolute cluster F with zero ability to focus/pay attention for prolonged periods of time, do seemingly simple stuff (common sense) without hand holding/specific instructions, and oblivious to the detriments of excessive multi-tasking (comes off as rude, unapproachable, childish even when using cell phones, ear buds, iPads, etc. as the modern day security blanket…like seriously grow up). Generation half @$$ is more like it

There are exceptions for sure…
LMAO…one of my former Gen Z techs would call me out for being a boomer (“ok boomer”) despite physically being a Millennial…just to be clear NOT a boomer when it comes to tech savvy!

Last edited:
I feel like this is part of a growing problem of not being able to focus on anything. ”Passive” income, side hustles, etc. really aren’t passive/effortless in essence and I feel like this just makes life more chaotic, muddled, and stressful. Just because you can earn extra income on the side, is it really worth it? Seems to just be compromising and taking focus from one’s main priority (whether that be family, career, relationships, etc.)

yes, Millennials and Gen Z have things substantially more difficult in terms of resource scarcity and deciding what is a priority in life…we can’t have it all like the boomers…educated, settled down in a career, own an automobile, married starting a family with a house in their early 20s without substantial debt

Stereotypes for sure. I’m sorry but Gen Z is on another level in terms of lack of work ethics…like seriously Why TF can they never show up when they are suppose to and constantly changing their schedules, priorities?

They are an absolute cluster F with zero ability to focus/pay attention for prolonged periods of time, do seemingly simple stuff (common sense) without hand holding/specific instructions, and oblivious to the detriments of excessive multi-tasking (comes off as rude, unapproachable, childish even when using cell phones, ear buds, iPads, etc. as the modern day security blanket…like seriously grow up). Generation half @$$ is more like it

There are exceptions for sure…
LMAO…one of my former Gen Z techs would call me out for being a boomer (“ok boomer”) despite physically being a Millennial…just to be clear NOT a boomer when it comes to tech savvy!
Are you saying you're a boomer but in the physical shape of a millennial or your chronological age is that of a millennial?

Last edited:

I know I'm paranoid, but the bolded section could easily be executed by a manager who wants to get rid of you. You're a bit of an eccentric person with some extreme views, sounds like this strange behavior at work could be drug related.

y'all wrong- generation alpha is the worse, like my daughter doesn't even know what a job is. Their employment rate is 0%

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
y'all wrong- generation alpha is the worse, like my daughter doesn't even know what a job is. Their employment rate is 0%

Agreed. One of mine thinks she owns part of our house and deserves an iphone and an allowance because one of her friends has an iphone and an allowance.

Agreed. One of mine thinks she owns part of our house and deserves an iphone and an allowance because one of her friends has an iphone and an allowance.

Mine complains when I don’t drive the car with the rear heated seats. I’m fcked.

• Haha
Most of the hospitals in NY have gotten wise to the union and figure out some constructive termination method if they want to get rid of someone (in your case, drug testing).
You're a bit of an eccentric person with some extreme views, sounds like this strange behavior at work could be drug related.

I know the man is a legend but every time a thread is becoming depressing, it takes a funny turn when he participates.

I'm going to try to learn some coding, SQL, python, etc. in the future in hopes of getting a remote job doing something else. Do you have plans?

Why learning them? Is it a pharmacy related field you are going to?

I know the man is a legend but every time a thread is becoming depressing, it takes a funny turn when he participates.

Why learning them? Is it a pharmacy related field you are going to?
A remote data analytics role, many are healthcare-related, but many are not.

Whats generation alpha? My kid (born in 2013)? This kid goes crazy when I take away her phone or force her to read. Am I expecting too much by wanting her to read 20 books a month? I don't care if its Goosebumps, just read it. Or go outside and do something in the backyard. I used to shovel a hole for 3 straight months when I was 10 because I thought I could shovel my way to China.

• Haha
  • Hmm