When Your LORs aren't there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunni

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so there's this summer program I want to do. The deadline is coming up, & when I called to check on it before break they told me my file is only missing LORs, but the thing is, I sent out the LOR forms in October. I'm not sure how I should handle this. Should I go to everybody who was writing one, and be like the HHMI office lost the letters, would you mind re-writing one (I'm sure they saved the file, so it would just be a hassle), to all of them, or find new writers, which would suck b/c the deadline is coming up.
I already sent out thank yous, so it makes it ackward.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ask them if there is a possibility they were misplaced? I would go back to the original writers and explain what the program has told you and ask them if they can redo them. Most people understand when things go wrong that wasn't your fault. I would talk to the program though first and ask them what they suggest. Maybe you wouldn't really need them. What type of program is it?