where are all the rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I haven't heard from about half the schools I applied to (about 9). I haven't received anything. No invite to interview, or a rejection letter. So what is the deal? I find it hard to believe that so many schools will offer me a interview after Christmas. But then why can't they get the ball rolling on the rejections? I really hate the idea of being left hanging until the LAST possible minute.

Members don't see this ad.

Rugger81 said:
So I haven't heard from about half the schools I applied to (about 9). I haven't received anything. No invite to interview, or a rejection letter. So what is the deal? I find it hard to believe that so many schools will offer me a interview after Christmas. But then why can't they get the ball rolling on the rejections? I really hate the idea of being left hanging until the LAST possible minute.

I feel your pain...i have been complete since august and havent heard anything from 15+ schools. I think they are gonna wait until feb which is when most of the final interview invites go out.

I figure they're holding on to my application just in case their top 300 applicants drop dead, then they still can offer me an interview. Otherwise, it makes no sense why they haven't rejected me yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Khenon said:
I figure they're holding on to my application just in case their top 300 applicants drop dead, then they still can offer me an interview. Otherwise, it makes no sense why they haven't rejected me yet.

My thoughts exactly...haven't heard from 12 schools, including even my state school UConn. And yet I know people have been rejected from all of those schools...so I think we're on file in case the "better" candidates don't fill up the classes. Now, I'm not exactly sure how much movement there is after the new year, but I'm thinking that a lot of us "floaters" fall into place pretty late in the game...it might give us all a lot more stress for several months, but I think most of us will eventually get spots somewhere. At least I hope so, and that's about all the control we have at this point...

I am glad that i am not alone in the waiting game. I have been waiting patiently for my rejection from both NYU and Georgetown and I still haven't heard a word. I have begun to think that my applications were just lost and so they haven't been able to reject me. I guess if i don't get rejected i can still believe that there is a chance. Right?

nicole20 said:
I am glad that i am not alone in the waiting game. I have been waiting patiently for my rejection from both NYU and Georgetown and I still haven't heard a word. I have begun to think that my applications were just lost and so they haven't been able to reject me. I guess if i don't get rejected i can still believe that there is a chance. Right?

I'm there with all of you here. I really hate the waiting game. I do hope I still have a chance since I haven't recieved any rejections, but I'm confident about it though.

You should be asking when the interviews are coming! who cares where the rejections are let them stick the rejections up you know where

Khenon said:

:laugh: