Where do I put this in ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

housefish26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I enjoy creative writing in my spare time and have submitted two essays for publication. One won honorable mention in a contest and will be published this coming November. The other was submitted to a "Piece of My Mind"-like section of a journal but I haven't heard back on its acceptance or not.

I don't really know where to put this stuff. It's not really work or volunteer. I can't put the essay that will be published into the publications part because it's too early (and probably not even appropriate given it's not an article/abstract). I guess I could try to put it in the hobbies and interests but I thought that was more of a list of activities and not necessarily a narrative about those activities. Maybe I'm wrong though, what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I enjoy creative writing in my spare time and have submitted two essays for publication. One won honorable mention in a contest and will be published this coming November. The other was submitted to a "Piece of My Mind"-like section of a journal but I haven't heard back on its acceptance or not.

I don't really know where to put this stuff. It's not really work or volunteer. I can't put the essay that will be published into the publications part because it's too early (and probably not even appropriate given it's not an article/abstract). I guess I could try to put it in the hobbies and interests but I thought that was more of a list of activities and not necessarily a narrative about those activities. Maybe I'm wrong though, what do you guys think?

I'd put it on your list of hobbies and activities and expand a little on it. You could probably put the honorable mention into "other awards"