Where do I start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chi_town7

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So I am currently a second year student and I plan to take my DAT this upcoming summer (before third year), I plan to do most of my studying during the summer, however, I do have lots of time on my hands because of winter break and I was wondering if there might be any thing small to start doing to prepare myself. I know there are many programs like bootcamp available, however, I wasn't looking to invest in anything until the summer- just trying to small find ways to start preparing, so please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

So I am currently a second year student and I plan to take my DAT this upcoming summer (before third year), I plan to do most of my studying during the summer, however, I do have lots of time on my hands because of winter break and I was wondering if there might be any thing small to start doing to prepare myself. I know there are many programs like bootcamp available, however, I wasn't looking to invest in anything until the summer- just trying to small find ways to start preparing, so please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you in advance
I like your approach. Always good to get started early to give yourself plenty of time to prepare. There are a lot of free review resources you can use now. I would highly recommend brushing up on your Math Skills, Reading and taking a look at the perceptual ability. There are a lot of free videos on Youtube. Biology is also vast so start now with review, again you can find many free Biology Review guides to choose from. I would make a schedule study schedule now, you have plenty of time before you take it and you will never feel overwhelmed come summer.

Wishing you the best..Nancy, co/owner, Orgoman.

To start, it may be good to get a general overview of the exam- including the sections, material covered, and timing per question/section. There’s a lot of free or cheap materials out there that are good just to get your feet wet pre-studying. Free/cheap- they have old released dat exam questions for the past several years, old kaplan books ~$10, free tests on dat bootcamp and crack dat, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟕 𝐃𝐀𝐓 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐃𝐀, much easier than the current DAT and the Math Changed in 2017, no ore trig and they added Quantitative Comparison in that section. Hope this helps.

Nancy

Attachments

• DAT Test 2007.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 84
i didn’t look at the other responses so I may be repeating them or this may be different.
First for general chemistry and orgo, I would highly advise watching all of Chads videos. Take notes but really understand those. They are crucial to build that foundation. Then move onto the DAT destroyer and understand the questions are extremely hard and I didn’t start getting the majority right until my third time through the book. Supplement the book with Orgomans YouTube channel. (Also join his Facebook group).

Second for biology, download orgomans biology review from his Facebook page AND the DAT boot camp biology review. They are pretty similar but both include small snippets of different info but regardless the repetition is crucial.(atleast for me)

Third for math, math destroyer and orgomans YouTube channel again. Should be all you need..
DAT booster is pretty new but I’d trust that resource as well if you got extra money and time but probably isn’t needed if you go the DAT destroyer route

Hello!

I took the DAT recently and scored a 27AA. I personally used DATBooster and a little bit of DATDestroyer. Here is my advice:
1. Start preparing early and go review the content before going straight to questions. I thought Booster's videos and notes were great for this.
2. Keep track of how you do on the PAT and figure out what strategy works best for you (completing challenging questions first versus saving them for last).
3. Any question you answer wrong, review that content immediately and try returning to that question at a later time.
4. Go to the test site in advance to see how the environment is like. I did this and it helped me realize it's freezing at my location. Luckily I brought a jacket on my exam day.

Best of luck! Inbox me if you have any questions. :)

I took the DAT recently and scored a 27AA. I personally used DATBooster and a little bit of DATDestroyer. Here is my advice:
1. Start preparing early and go review the content before going straight to questions. I thought Booster's videos and notes were great for this.
2. Keep track of how you do on the PAT and figure out what strategy works best for you (completing challenging questions first versus saving them for last).
3. Any question you answer wrong, review that content immediately and try returning to that question at a later time.
4. Go to the test site in advance to see how the environment is like. I did this and it helped me realize it's freezing at my location. Luckily I brought a jacket on my exam day.

Best of luck! Inbox me if you have any questions. :)
thank you so much and congrats on your score thats incredible! I will definitely be sure to utilize those resources

Even if you don't start studying in earnest until summer, I would at least start practicing PAT using generators. Take time to develop your own strategies that work most efficiently and effectively. Some light content review won't hurt either. I think it'll help keep content from your recent courses fresh.

Hello!

Like Artist said, I think reading through breakdowns is a great place to figure out how you want to study. As it seems to go, if you use the DAT Destroyers plus some PAT resource, you will likely do very well on the exam.

I actually had a similar study pattern to you. I took the DAT three weeks or so into the summer after finals, but started preparing lightly before then. I read through the Dynamite Biology Review a while beforehand to familiarize myself with some of the material I had not seen for a while. I also did some of those free PAT generators you can find online on plenty of different websites. I completely agree with your idea of saving money (if that's what you meant by invest in anything) until the time comes to really crack down - the generators were free, as was the Dynamite Biology Review on the Destroyer Facebook page. I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to get the Destroyers a bit sooner than the summer and get cracking sooner rather than later (because they are really hard, I will definitely admit), but if you want to focus on classes and deal with that later, I think you would be a-okay!

Again, make sure to read around on recent breakdowns to see what you think will work best for your style of learning. At the end of the day, it's what works best for you that matters most.

Best of luck!