Where have you or where did you buy your suit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GO!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Express- they were having a 40% off everything sale.

Brooks Brothers factory outlet

Macy's. You might even be able to find a Labor Day sale somewhere.

Men's Wearhouse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sign up for Express membership, and they usually give out 30-50% off every week it seems.
This past weekend everything was 40% off everything in the store or online.

I usually wait until it's 50% off before spending a dollar at Express. Last month there was one, and I bought a suit since I was going to a wedding.
Suit costed 500 (350 blazer and 150 pants), and only paid 250 plus tax.

Reactions: 1 user
They had this thing where if you spent $150, you get $50 back. I believe my family and I spent more than $750, a a they gave us $250 back to buy another suit. My whole family was buying business attire as well.

As for the blazer and pants, it is very comfortable and slick. I got it hemmed and adjusted so it can fit me well.

How are you guys liking express?

I'm happy with the quality and price. A lot of women's suits seem to be designed for older women (30+) and feel bulky on my frame, while I thought Express fit really well and made me look pretty sharp (also considerably cheaper).
It isn't as awesome as an Armani but it made me look and feel confident so I'm happy.

Gucci, Armani, Hugo Boss, etc... You get the picture right? LOL JK

Really couldnt imagine Gucci and male fashion. Really like Hugo Boss and Armani styles though.

Men's Wearhouse

Really couldnt imagine Gucci and male fashion. Really like Hugo Boss and Armani styles though.
They do make stuff for men. A few suits, but mostly accessories. Hugo and Armani are always good choices. Financially, I think Ralph Lauren is a good option as well as Calvin Klein.

Just bought a Calvin Klein suit from Macys. I saw it at around 400 dollars last week and got it for 100 dollars just now. Labor Day sale is actually nothing compared to after Labor Day sale.

Got mine as a gift from a family friend in Asia but I've been looking into getting a high quality suit with half/ full canvassing (much more expensive)

Men's Warehouse. Calvin Klein and I got another suit of equal value for an extra $200. Felt like a good investment at the time. Don't regret it obviously.

Joseph A. Bank. But don't go if they're not having a sale. Buy one get three free sometimes.

Joseph A. Bank. But don't go if they're not having a sale. Buy one get three free sometimes.

This. For the longest time I was wearing a $1500 Searsucker Suit for $250.

@nordstrom, picked up some Hugo Boss suits. Wherever you buy your suit, make sure you get it tailored so it fits properly.

Macy's (on sale!) - it's a Nine West

H&M - as a broke student, I actually buy all my clothes there

Reactions: 2 users
New York & Company!

It depends on your price range honestly. If you want to go with the classiest and best looking suit possible, I'd roll with Brooks Brothers. They're my go-to. Get the 1818.

eBay for a Gucci suit. I then got it tailored and total cost x<100 :)

meow

Jos A. Bank. It doesn't matter where you buy one though, a well tailored $100 suit will look better than a poorly fit $3000 suit.

I got mine for free at the career closet at school. It's a used suit , but I got it tailored and it looks nice on me. Doesn't matter where u get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suit should do.

Last edited:
Sorry to go off topic but I didn't wanna start a new thread. What color suits are you wearing? I got an Armani that fits really well but is black and a navy (but almost indistinguishable from black) Michael kors that doesn't fit as well. Is it taboo to wear black suits in interviews?

So I have an interview at nova on 8/30. What do you think of this tie ? I know it a little too much , but I think it will get me an acceptance. Do you think honestly that it would be bad to wear

Now in all honesty I have a darker gray suit. I don't know what shirt and tie. I was thinking white shirt with blue or red tie. Any suggestions ? Or maybe a blue shirt with darker blue and black tie. Please help
5f8f2bd725fa7ea0936fa16736e7dfa4.jpg

So I have an interview at nova on 8/30. What do you think of this tie ? I know it a little too much , but I think it will get me an acceptance. Do you think honestly that it would be bad to wear

Now in all honesty I have a darker gray suit. I don't know what shirt and tie. I was thinking white shirt with blue or red tie. Any suggestions ? Or maybe a blue shirt with darker blue and black tie. Please help

Only if you have jack o latern cuff links to match it

since you already had your interview at nova, wear what you wore to nova to other interviews.

since you already had your interview at nova, wear what you wore to nova to other interviews.
Whoops. I meant 10/30. Sorry. I went with a light blue shirt and a nice Calvin Klein blue tie ( a little darker than shirt ) they are actually a nice convo ). Thank you :)