-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Where should I go on Vacation...?
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sep 18 - 27.
Gimme suggestions.
idaho.... they have some great baked potatos
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry I forgot to ask.... are you staying in the country or did you want to leave the US?
I'll travel to the moon if you sonsabitches sell it well enough.
The beach sucks. I like cities...museums...shows...huge sports bar where I can watch the WVU Auburn game that week...
Cities....
There's
LA-weather, diversity
Chicago-museums, art
NYC- Broadway, diversity
Wash DC-history, monuments
There's
LA-weather, diversity
Chicago-museums, art
NYC- Broadway, diversity
Wash DC-history, monuments
The beach sucks. I like cities...museums...shows...huge sports bar where I can watch the WVU Auburn game that week...
Sweden/Finland is a great time. The cities/people were a lot of fun!
You don't like doing outdoors stuff? Cuz if so, I would suggest you white water raft the Gauley a few times in Aug as a warm-up to the Zambezi in Sept.
If you don't like outdoorsy stuff & prefer cities, go to Lisbon, Portugal or Mendoza, Argentina....either one, in order of awesomeness. Actually, don't limit yourself to city itself, see the entirety of either country, with special attention to the women.
The only reason I might hesitate a bit when recommending those two countries is because everything you encounter after will seem mediocre.
If you don't like outdoorsy stuff & prefer cities, go to Lisbon, Portugal or Mendoza, Argentina....either one, in order of awesomeness. Actually, don't limit yourself to city itself, see the entirety of either country, with special attention to the women.
The only reason I might hesitate a bit when recommending those two countries is because everything you encounter after will seem mediocre.
Are you kidding? Is this even a contest?
New York City.
It sells itself... but ok! A small list of the places I've visited in NYC:
Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center, American Museum of Natural History, Metro Museum of Modern Art, the MoMa, Staten Island, Coney Island, Ellis Island Immigration Center, Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Bldg, Times Square, the Federal Reserve... the list can go on for days. Catch a David Letterman show!
NYC will afford museums and shows (Broadway, hello? Wicked is playing that week I believe,) and the most massive sports bars. I think if you're looking for a city, and especially if you've never been, the big apple is the way to go. No substitute. Hell, even if you've been there, there's ALWAYS more to see and do. I've been on two separate occasions and it's still got more to do!
If you do choose it, go on Scott's Pizza Tour. Little Italy to the Village, it's got foot and bus tours... Pretty amazing how big a part of NYC life pizza is and was.
New York City.
It sells itself... but ok! A small list of the places I've visited in NYC:
Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center, American Museum of Natural History, Metro Museum of Modern Art, the MoMa, Staten Island, Coney Island, Ellis Island Immigration Center, Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Bldg, Times Square, the Federal Reserve... the list can go on for days. Catch a David Letterman show!
I like cities...museums...shows...huge sports bar where I can watch the WVU Auburn game that week...
NYC will afford museums and shows (Broadway, hello? Wicked is playing that week I believe,) and the most massive sports bars. I think if you're looking for a city, and especially if you've never been, the big apple is the way to go. No substitute. Hell, even if you've been there, there's ALWAYS more to see and do. I've been on two separate occasions and it's still got more to do!
If you do choose it, go on Scott's Pizza Tour. Little Italy to the Village, it's got foot and bus tours... Pretty amazing how big a part of NYC life pizza is and was.
Last edited:
You don't like doing outdoors stuff? Cuz if so, I would suggest you white water raft the Gauley a few times in Aug as a warm-up to the Zambezi in Sept.
If you don't like outdoorsy stuff & prefer cities, go to Lisbon, Portugal or Mendoza, Argentina....either one, in order of awesomeness. Actually, don't limit yourself to city itself, see the entirety of either country, with special attention to the women.
The only reason I might hesitate a bit when recommending those two countries is because everything you encounter after will seem mediocre.
I ain't down with going somewhere I can't speak the lingo. All I know is American English, Appalachian English, and a speck of Russian...maybe I'll go to Moscow. I could go around calling them all Ivan or Sputnik or Comrade and piss them all off. Heh.
Last edited:
You've been needing to go to New Orleans since pre-graduation. 😉 Or at least I remember talking about this vacation stuff back them. 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bahamas.
Screw Vacation you fool. You need to go and start scoping out where your arse will be for the next 20 years.
Screw Vacation you fool. You need to go and start scoping out where your arse will be for the next 20 years.
I've thought about getting that Jet Blue $599 all you can fly deal. That would be cool...
I've thought about getting that Jet Blue $599 all you can fly deal. That would be cool...
jb doesn't fly everywhere
I guess. The wife doesn't want to go South until it's cold up North...makes sense, I guess....
Go to Buffalo. There's plenty to do in the Niagara region, and you'll feel right at home in the Rust Belt. Plus, Toronto is only about an hour and a half away, if you get bored.
Go to Buffalo. There's plenty to do in the Niagara region, and you'll feel right at home in the Rust Belt. Plus, Toronto is only about an hour and a half away, if you get bored.
Or you could come directly to Toronto.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVoI-i_1A5k&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
Oh, I've been to Toronto. I had an Asian posse. My wife wants to move there. Hell, I liked it, too. It's just that none of the hospitals were hiring when I was up there...
Even though I'm a Mets fan, I think the Yankees are playing the Red Sox some time that week, come watch us destroy Boston.
The beach sucks. I like cities...museums...shows...huge sports bar where I can watch the WVU Auburn game that week...
I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon during the Ohio State-USC game. Aside from the fact it wasn't much to watch, she was down at the pool by herself.
Even though I'm a Mets fan, I think the Yankees are playing the Red Sox some time that week, come watch us destroy Boston.
That's one of those things where if you aren't from the New Englandy area, you don't care about it.
Seriously? Do a 3-5 day cruise, and if you like it make it a 11 day cruise next time. Or gambling in vegas if you'd rather not be on the sea.
I ain't down with going somewhere I can't speak the lingo. All I know is American English, Appalachian English, and a speck of Russian...maybe I'll go to Moscow. I could go around calling them all Ivan or Sputnik or Comrade and piss them all off. Heh.
English is the world language. You can go anywhere only knowing English.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww👎thumbdown👎thumbdown👎Oh, I've been to Toronto. I had an Asian posse. My wife wants to move there. Hell, I liked it, too. It's just that none of the hospitals were hiring when I was up there...
English is the world language. You can go anywhere only knowing English.
There is a difference between being heard and being able to hear...you know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i hate cruises, don't go on one wvu...unless you're into paying too much comedy.
1) you get dinged left and right for tips, it won't show up until you get your bill at the end. Sure, that cruise is cheap up front, but they get you on the back end. i dunno how much i paid for "cabin service" aka some guy folding towels into funny animal shapes.
2) Lots of overweight/overperfumed wrinkled women, alcoholics, and all around douchebags who don't know how to travel.
3) if there's a port of call in dirty areas of mexico, you get harassed by the "chicklet" kids who try to sell you candy/useless items.
cruises are for travel newbies and losers
1) you get dinged left and right for tips, it won't show up until you get your bill at the end. Sure, that cruise is cheap up front, but they get you on the back end. i dunno how much i paid for "cabin service" aka some guy folding towels into funny animal shapes.
2) Lots of overweight/overperfumed wrinkled women, alcoholics, and all around douchebags who don't know how to travel.
3) if there's a port of call in dirty areas of mexico, you get harassed by the "chicklet" kids who try to sell you candy/useless items.
cruises are for travel newbies and losers
i hate cruises, don't go on one wvu...unless you're into paying too much comedy.
1) you get dinged left and right for tips, it won't show up until you get your bill at the end. Sure, that cruise is cheap up front, but they get you on the back end. i dunno how much i paid for "cabin service" aka some guy folding towels into funny animal shapes.
2) Lots of overweight/overperfumed wrinkled women, alcoholics, and all around douchebags who don't know how to travel.
3) if there's a port of call in dirty areas of mexico, you get harassed by the "chicklet" kids who try to sell you candy/useless items.
cruises are for travel newbies and losers
+1
if you like cruises, grab your wife, a canoe, a couple paddles, and cruise the waters of the Yukon.
My vote goes to New Orleans. It has a wonderful WWII museum. I spent an entire day there the last time I was in New Orleans. There is also the New Orleans Museum of Art. I'm not sure what kind of exhibit they have now but is surely worth seeing (not to mention their permanent collection). There is also the New Orleans botanical gardens and my personal favorite the voodoo museum in the middle of the French Quarter.
The food is great and the people are friendly. It's a great vacation city.
The food is great and the people are friendly. It's a great vacation city.
I second Seattle. And while you're out here (where, by the way, there are Russian-speaking people and you can find a new Asian posse), you can drive 2 hours north to one of the coolest cities in North America: Vancouver, BC...that is, if you and your wife have a current passport (as of June 1, you need a passport or one of those enhanced drivers licenses to get back into the US).
I'd seriously fly to the PNW and drive around. You've got mountains, beach (not your typical hot, sandy beach, but there's NOTHING like the Pacific Ocean), islands, tons of culture, awesome food, museums, parks, and you still should be able to get in before the rainy season begins again. You can do just about anything your heart desires up here. 🙂 And, if you have time, you can hit up Portland 3 hours south of Seattle and then drive an hour west to the beach and be a Goonie in Astoria and Cannon Beach. 🙂
I love, love, love living here.
I'd seriously fly to the PNW and drive around. You've got mountains, beach (not your typical hot, sandy beach, but there's NOTHING like the Pacific Ocean), islands, tons of culture, awesome food, museums, parks, and you still should be able to get in before the rainy season begins again. You can do just about anything your heart desires up here. 🙂 And, if you have time, you can hit up Portland 3 hours south of Seattle and then drive an hour west to the beach and be a Goonie in Astoria and Cannon Beach. 🙂
I love, love, love living here.
I second Seattle. And while you're out here (where, by the way, there are Russian-speaking people and you can find a new Asian posse), you can drive 2 hours north to one of the coolest cities in North America: Vancouver, BC...that is, if you and your wife have a current passport (as of June 1, you need a passport or one of those enhanced drivers licenses to get back into the US).
I'd seriously fly to the PNW and drive around. You've got mountains, beach (not your typical hot, sandy beach, but there's NOTHING like the Pacific Ocean), islands, tons of culture, awesome food, museums, parks, and you still should be able to get in before the rainy season begins again. You can do just about anything your heart desires up here. 🙂 And, if you have time, you can hit up Portland 3 hours south of Seattle and then drive an hour west to the beach and be a Goonie in Astoria and Cannon Beach. 🙂
I love, love, love living here.
Tho I'll spend a week in PNW soon... and barely miss the start of the rain season.. let's see how you feel after 6 months of drizzle.. say around next March and April..
Tho I'll spend a week in PNW soon... and barely miss the start of the rain season.. let's see how you feel after 6 months of drizzle.. say around next March and April..![]()
I'll be loving it still, Mr. Smarty Pants.
Will you be in my neck of the woods?
I'll be loving it still, Mr. Smarty Pants.
Will you be in my neck of the woods?
No...Southern Oregon.
No...Southern Oregon.
Gonna hit up some Shakespeare in Ashland?
Gonna hit up some Shakespeare in Ashland?
No...gonna hit up ungodly amount of earth digging chasing a little white ball around Bandon Dunes.. which means we'll be cussing like a sailor..
No...gonna hit up ungodly amount of earth digging chasing a little white ball around Bandon Dunes.. which means we'll be cussing like a sailor..
Be sure to carry a bar of soap to wash out your mouths.
Be sure to carry a bar of soap to wash out your mouths.![]()
We prefer Scotch...
I'm thinking either Montreal, NYC, Boston, Dallas, Buenos Aires, Toronto, or **** it, I'm staying home...
I'm kinda digging the potential hot Frenchy accents of Montreal. Plus the women are legendarily slutty...
I'm kinda digging the potential hot Frenchy accents of Montreal. Plus the women are legendarily slutty...
We prefer Scotch...
The Glenlivet?
Last time I drank Scotch was at a bar in El Paso. Sounds like the beginning of a bad country song.
I'm thinking either Montreal, NYC, Boston, Dallas, Buenos Aires, Toronto, or **** it, I'm staying home...
Definitely go some place you've never been.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking either Montreal, NYC, Boston, Dallas, Buenos Aires, Toronto, or **** it, I'm staying home...
I'm kinda digging the potential hot Frenchy accents of Montreal. Plus the women are legendarily slutty...
Yeah..Montreal is hella fun...but it was starting to piss me off because they were all speaking french to me... like... WTH...
The Glenlivet?
Last time I drank Scotch was at a bar in El Paso. Sounds like the beginning of a bad country song.
If I'm ever in a bar in El Paso...I'll drink Dos Equis... because I want to be like the most interesting man in the world...and stay thirsty my friends..
If I'm ever in a bar in El Paso...I'll drink Dos Equis... because I want to be like the most interesting man in the world...and stay thirsty my friends..
*cough*crapbeer*cough*
*cough*crapbeer*cough*
ehhh..not too bad actually... but the likelyhood of me in an El Paso bar... zero to none..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K